It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

I’d be shocked and awed for the first few open-carries (by civilians) I would see. It’s not something I am used to seeing. I don’t have the desire to watch people shoot each other because it’s like two cars crashing, but I wouldn’t mind being desensitized to lawful open-carry protocols. It might be just like putting the brakes on in a car-crash scenario?

At one time everyone opened carried, and this was due to not having faith in the system to protect. Well today that same lack of faith is forming once again. People see the limitations of the police, especially as states reduce their numbers due to budget restraints. The bad guys are not reducing their numbers and are growing due to basically the same reason...easier prey with less police, lack of jobs, new attitudes etc.

All we need to do is look at a situation like Katarina to see how fast the "system" can break down and you are on your own. All one needs to do is go into the bad area of their town and see how the system is broken, and that bad part of town is constantly growing. Many people do not want to think about the fact that they will most likely not have the system to protect them 100% of the time, or even 50% of the time, and they just cannot fathom the idea that they just might need to protect themselves one day.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Here some questions for all you pro second amendment guys.....

If you were out shopping and you saw someone like Private Pile here getting out of his Car, Armed to the teeth and head towards a crowded shopping area...what would you do.....??

You're carrying a concealed weapon, what would you do??

You know your wife and kids are in that shopping Mall...What would you do..

I would assume they were all law abiding citizens.

Why are you so scared of your neighbors?

So they are my neighbors?
My neighbours are showing a horrible amount of distrust in the rest of us then! We are so threatening in our t-shirts and tennis shoes that an automatic weapon is needed to feel personally safe.

Just for the record how long does it take guy to load us legal weapon when carried in a sling, clip ready? two seconds? How long do you recommend I assume "MY Neighbour " is friendly? Should I stop assuming he is friendly when he puts on his Batman mask or should I wait until he cocks the weapon?

edit on 19-1-2013 by DeadSteve1234 because: clicked to fast and posted it empty

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by jimmyx

ok..so where is the nation, or a large society in the world that walks around with displayed weapons carried by ordinary citizens?...i can think of somalia, and afghanistan off the top of my head, but, i guess you would be perfectly comfortable living there.

Ah, reducto ad Somalium

Guess that means you're done?

not at all, i support the 2nd amendment, i know there are alot of bad guys out there, that if they had a chance to rob me they would, and i do fear them beating me senseless, or even killing me for my possessions.
and i do know that in the 2nd amendement a milita is made up of ordinary citizens having arms in their homes, where they could be called upon to form a militia if needed. the national guard is NOT a militia, because it's weapons are locked up, and centrally located, and it is also controlled by the state.
there should be happy medium however, because we can not guess the intentions of everyone that carries a firearm....there might be a real nice guy who acts sane all the time, until one day he sees the person that F'ed his ex-wife, which lead to their divorce, and pop, pop, pop...where if he wasn't carrying, it might just be a fist fight...remember, even the most stable people have days when they are piss-raving angry.

Yes, welcome to the "Real World"

Even if there were absolutely no firearms at all owned by private citizens, guess what?

The neighbor may still do that with someone's wife, and that person may still get mad enough to kill them.

With:

A bat.
A crowbar.
A bow.
A crossbow.
A axe.
A knife..
A broken bottle.
A nail gun (which does not qualify as a firearm).
A screwdriver.
A hammer.
A car.
A chainsaw.
A skill saw.
A old fashioned rip saw (gotta tie him up first though, they tend to wiggle and scream a lot).

Event their own, bare hands.

You seem to think that because someone has a gun, it's going to make them more likely to kill.

Sir, people have been killing other people just fine without firearms at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by sonnny1
I say the mans prepared for anything.
edit on 18-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Yet you know nothing about his mental state of health.

He might be in the news again tomorrow.

For very different reasons... and the call "If everyone was as armed as he was" will be heard across the lands...

don't be ridiculous, what are the chances of this fella going boogaloo and shooting up a place- it rarely happens- so when you say it "might", you are talking about an absoloutely minisicule likelihood

Stop feeding the fear

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am a 100% supporter of our Constitution and Bill of Rights but it is Bugs like this that abuse these rights and give ammo to the enemies of our Constitution. Yes, the guy may have had a right to carry a rifle in with him to JC Pennies but I wish a couple of men (gun owners) would take this Jackass out behind the woodshed and teach him a little lesson in Respect and Regard for others. Our Constitution was written for a Moral, Mature and Responsible Citizenry, not for immature idiots.

As for comments from the Slaves of the British Crown amongst us, I remind you that 1) Where would you be were it not for the American People 2) You are ruled over a Clan of Pirates that have fed upon the world for the bread in your bellies and lie in a Police State and 3) Given a choice between living in a Luciferian Police State or a country where gun toting rednecks rule, I would take the Rednecks hands down.

Those of us who have educated ourselves on the facts (past and present) and have woken up to reality, must wonder how the planet earth would be WITHOUT England and/or the opinions of its brainwashed and castrated sheep. Anyone who thinks I am kidding about the the seat of Control for Luciferians being in England need only have watched what they did to the Olympics but if you won't here me, ask the Irish.
edit on 19-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All i can say is thank god i do not live in America.

Honestly you guys are going backwards.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by loveguy

I’d be shocked and awed for the first few open-carries (by civilians) I would see. It’s not something I am used to seeing. I don’t have the desire to watch people shoot each other because it’s like two cars crashing, but I wouldn’t mind being desensitized to lawful open-carry protocols. It might be just like putting the brakes on in a car-crash scenario?

At one time everyone opened carried, and this was due to not having faith in the system to protect. Well today that same lack of faith is forming once again. People see the limitations of the police, especially as states reduce their numbers due to budget restraints. The bad guys are not reducing their numbers and are growing due to basically the same reason...easier prey with less police, lack of jobs, new attitudes etc.

All we need to do is look at a situation like Katarina to see how fast the "system" can break down and you are on your own. All one needs to do is go into the bad area of their town and see how the system is broken, and that bad part of town is constantly growing. Many people do not want to think about the fact that they will most likely not have the system to protect them 100% of the time, or even 50% of the time, and they just cannot fathom the idea that they just might need to protect themselves one day.

I'm thinking we said the same thing?
I'd give my last chocolate bar to see another sunrise.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A citizen goes into a store in Utah, where he was breaking no laws. His rifle was slung in a non threatening manner. He obviously was not acting threatening.

Was he a perceived threat to anyone else? Nope. Just going about his business.

I just can't understand the mentality that people have that a gun equals a threat.

Why are people shocked when they see something like this? Fear, I suppose, has been previously stated.

Had the police been involved, they would have drawn on him, and demanded that he raise his hands in the air. He would have complied. They would have examined the arms, questioned him, and gave him back his weapons because he was not breaking any laws. They probably would have asked him to leave, for upsetting other customers, but wait....that's not what happened. In all actuality, nothing at all happened.

See, people can carry weapons in public, who are not mass murders. Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes, welcome to the "Real World"

Even if there were absolutely no firearms at all owned by private citizens, guess what?

The neighbor may still do that with someone's wife, and that person may still get mad enough to kill them.

With:

A bat.
A crowbar.
A bow.
A crossbow.
A axe.
A knife..
A broken bottle.
A nail gun (which does not qualify as a firearm).
A screwdriver.
A hammer.
A car.
A chainsaw.
A skill saw.
A old fashioned rip saw (gotta tie him up first though, they tend to wiggle and scream a lot).

Event their own, bare hands.

You seem to think that because someone has a gun, it's going to make them more likely to kill.

Sir, people have been killing other people just fine without firearms at all.

YES SIR,that would be preferable.
With a screw driver a person has to really work to the bastard who poinged your wife and it is so much hard continue on in your rage and kill 4- 5 other people.
A screw drivers leatlh range is on one arm lenght not hundreds of yards.

The rip saw comment is funny btw.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The reason why they are able to attack the 2nd amendment so actively and actually have people believe in their lies is because illegal gun laws have made it so that guns are not seen by the public. This makes it so that when someone sees a gun they get scared because they are not used to seeing them on the streets. If every gun owner started doing this it would make people realize its not the guns that are killing people. In my eyes we need to bring the guns out of the closet and strap them on our backs everywhere we go just like this guy. This is the only way to get the ones filled with estrogen to realize gun owners are not dangerous.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
I am a 100% supporter of our Constitution and Bill of Rights but it is Bugs like this that abuse these rights and give ammo to the enemies of our Constitution. Yes, the guy may have had a right to carry a rifle in with him to JC Pennies but I wish a couple of men (gun owners) would take this Jackass out behind the woodshed and teach him a little lesson in Respect and Regard for others. Our Constitution was written for a Moral, Mature and Responsible Citizenry, not for immature idiots.

And I think a couple of men should take YOU behind the wood shed and teach you a lesson because your post offends me, even though (but only to a certain degree since this forum is privately owned and you must follow the TCs) you have a first amendment right to post it.

See how that works?

How did he disrespect anyone? How did he disregard anyone?

You FEEL as though he has done those things. Can you show that he as, in fact, done those things?

Do you feel that it's disrespect because people were scared and afraid? (meaning they have an irrational fear of guns).
Do you feel that he disregarded people's safety? (even though he is walking around with those firearms in accordance of local laws).

Exactly how is this person acting in a, unmoral, immature, and unresponsible way? (according to you, in your opinion that is).

edit on 19-1-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by JonPrice

I guess if someone wants to be treated like a social leper, that's up to them.

But I wonder.. how many lives he would have saved if things had gone bad. I mean, he's obviously taking on that responsibility. He is out there acting like a police officer by deterrent. So had someone come in to rob the bank, he is obliged to take action.

And if he fails to take action, or does not secure a situation, then I would hope he is charged.

If you want to be a pseudo police officer, and that is what the right to bear arms is, isn't it? Protection of you and yours, and to take down the criminal with a gun? then that responsibility should not be one that can be just cast off if the mood suits.

I wonder if he wonders why so many people appears wary of him.

Or if he thinks he's just making them aware that you can walk down the street rambo style and it's perfectly legal.

... my point being, are you rambo patriots, willing to really be 'that guy' ?

I'd just like to point out that even police officers aren't "obliged to take action." If I remember correctly, there have been several court rulings that state that the police are not responsible for an individuals safety or protection; merely for society as a whole (whatever that means.)
But I would certainly hope that he would be prepared to take action.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Is it just me, or do most of those who decry the actions of folks like this guy as displaying a dangerous and unnatural mental state, exude the very same unreasonable mentality, but towards inanimate objects?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSteve1234

My neighbours are showing a horrible amount of distrust in the rest of us then! We are so threatening in our t-shirts and tennis shoes that an automatic weapon is needed to feel personally safe.

Anyone with common sense knows this dude was proving a point. I bet he got the reaction he was hoping for.

Just for the record how long does it take guy to load us legal weapon when carried in a sling, clip ready? two seconds? How long do you recommend I assume "MY Neighbour " is friendly? Should I stop assuming he is friendly when he puts on his Batman mask or should I wait until he cocks the weapon?

The mask would be a good indicator.

Look, there are people walking around you with guns every day. Your fears are irrational if you think that possession of a firearm indicates intent to hurt you.

Maybe there is a deeper problem with a certain percentage of our population who have these irrational fears.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

--Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)
Freud

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

--Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

...That's awesome....."Now...Tell me about your Mother...."

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that firearms should not exist, period. The fact that one human can end anothers life instantly with the pull of a trigger is not progressive for the evolution of our species.

HOWEVER, since firearms obviously exist there cannot be a picking and choosing of who has access as that will lead to the empowering of some and the disempowering of others. Many will take advantage of another simply because they have a certain power over them and when the one taking advantage has a firearm the situation becomes one-sided.

Think for a moment if an individual came into this certain department store with the intent to harm others. I would imagine it would be a strong deterrent seeing another individual who is heavily armed. It takes all of the power from the one side, the one intending harm and balancing said power by having one who is not intending harm, but intending to defend against harm if necessary.

There are many interesting points to this story and I have a certain respect for this individual, however as stated, I am against firearms, period, though I would not considering banning them unless they could be banned from existence completely. I guess you could say they are a sort of necessary evil.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, I'd like to be lenient because I see the point he is trying to make, and yet what he is doing is dangerous and should definitely be avoided.

The way he is carrying his rifle ensures that I'll get the drop on him if I am allowed to get close enough - his pistol will be useless too because he won't have time to draw. After crushing his larynx and damaging his spinal cord I guess I'll have plenty of time to help myself to his weapons, load them and use them.

Carrying a weapon is a responsibility one does not take as casually as the photo suggests he is doing. there is a reason you drop your jacket when you get into a fist fight. See how you feel when someone pulls it up over your head, thereby blocking your arms and proceeds to kick the # out of you. Similarly, anyone carrying an assault weapon that way is really asking for it if someone with minimal fighting skills moves in on him.

Sorry, I don't agree with any of the congratulatory posts in exactly the same way I disagree with those defending Tony Martin on other threads. I support the right to be armed, but not any associated stupidity.
You shoot someone in the back, you deserve to rot in jail for being a fool. You were fully within your rights, until you blew it.

If you have to carry an assault weapon around, then you carry it like an assault weapon and not casually slung over your back. You are within your rights to do so, but in my mind you are blowing it.

If I were there I'd be sorely tempted to take his weapons from him just to demonstrate the point.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i would have felt safer around that guy then the average american i walk by every day.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

With rights come responsibilities. It's called civility and civic duty. We have an unwritten societal contract to not walk about welding weapons like wingnuts.

If he was walking about swinging his junk (and it is indeed very much the same symbolically
) he would be put in jail even though there was no danger of him killing anyone with it..

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join