It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Nope. As you can see from this thread us "pro-gun peeps" are saying that he was fully within his rights to do what he did, in the state that he resides in.
Ok, I'll Play.

So, he leaves the JC Penny, and is at the Trunk of his Car getting Ready to put the Gun away.

He reaches to bring his gun off his shoulder, and you as a CCW come around the Corner and see a Guy with a "legal gun", you , of course yell.

"My Fellow Legal Carrying Friend, Lets go to Starbucks, and have a Latte"

Ya right.

Sure. why not?

Do you have any reason at that point to treat him any differently?

I would assume that you would be well aware of what the laws are on guns in your country/state/county and city. Along with other laws.

As far as you know, he is a law abiding citizen. Period.

YOU ASSUMING that he means harm is what is wrong with that situation.

If YOU as a CCW pull out your fire arm at that point, and pointed it at him, would be breaking the law. Here in my state, it's against the law to point a weapon at a person, unless you are doing so to keep them from doing you harm, and your statement to the police later had better be: Yes sir, he pulled his guns out of his trunk and was pointing it at me.

If, instead, your statement is: "he was pulling guns out of a trunk", then you will be the one going to jail. If you shot him, you will be going to jail for a very, very long time.

Having a weapon (be it a firearm, or any other weapon for that matter) requires responsibility, training and yes, critical thinking.

That last part seems to be missing from many of you. Especially the "anti-gun" crowd.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here some questions for all you pro second amendment guys.....

If you were out shopping and you saw someone like Private Pile here getting out of his Car, Armed to the teeth and head towards a crowded shopping area...what would you do.....??

You're carrying a concealed weapon, what would you do??

You know your wife and kids are in that shopping Mall...What would you do..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by meggiddo2012

That may seem to be true. However, the fact that so many people in the store were scared, and that the employee wouldn't deal with him, shows how thoroughly the government and media have brainwashed people. I wouldn't have been scared, especially considering how this whole gun debate has heated up. I would have assumed it was him trying to prove a point. He proved a couple things. That a man can carry a gun in public and not be a murderer, and that a lot of people are fools when it comes to guns. I say good on him.

so, if 15 or 20 people that were carrying (like the guy in the picture) walked in the store that you were shopping in with your kids, which one would you determine might be the dangerous one, or would you determine that none of them were dangerous, and how calm would you and your kids be...c'mon, if it happened to me, i would get the "F" out as fast as i could, and go shop at another store.
and to me that would be a "reality based" action

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by mademyself1984

It's not an assault rifle. Figure this # out or stop commenting on it.

I read about you NRA types pushing this crap. So, what IS an assault rifle? It's a rifle, and it's got the large clip, and it's semi-automatic, and it's light and designed for using in a combat situation - or at least it is physically designed to the same shape and weight as other rifles that are and have been used as combat assault rifles.

So, what's the difference between it and what you think is an assault rifle? The modification that will allow it to be fully automatic? If that's all, then how do you know that the rifle in the photo isn't modified? Is that your gun? Is that you in that photo?

Semantics is bullsh*t, and 98% of the American public knows exactly what these kinds of non-sporting rifles are all about. It seems that only folks like you are getting confused over the issue.

It's not what I "think" is an assault rifle. An assault rifle is NOT single or semi-auto fire. An assault rifle has the ability to shoot non-stop. One trigger squeeze. One magazine. It's not rocket science. And no, a single fire rifle is not used in combat. An AR-15, has never been used IN COMBAT, by our military. So just stop. You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

You know you brought up a good point there. Come to think of it when I was growing up in North Carolina most of us hunted and even though we were under 18 we kept rifles on the gun racks in our trucks hell we would leave them on the racks year round and even park in the school parking lots. There wasn’t one single shooting at the schools I went to. Every once in a while you would hear about one happening somewhere but it was always a gang thing it was never a psycho thing. More to the point if you had seen a rifle out in public you didn’t even think twice about it.

If I remember correctly there were some instances where people went postal in fact that was when that phrase started so people were still going crazy just not at schools. The question in my head is were younger people back then in better mental health or were schools off the target list of the crazy’s because there were people there that could fight back? Maybe it is a combination of both these things maybe it is neither but it certainly raises the question in your mind.

I think all this talk about guns is taking focus of the real problem which is why are people going crazy and how can our country help these people keep these people from reaching that point?

There is another major difference between then and now which is there is a huge portion of the population on some kind of medication and I think there is a possibility that it is effecting some of these people. For god sakes the stuff is designed to alter the brain chemistry the stuff even warns of horrible side effects. The second amendment was in full effect then so what has really changed. I think the MSM and government has us barking up the wrong tree people. You are being played for fools.

edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so, if 15 or 20 people that were carrying (like the guy in the picture) walked in the store that you were shopping in with your kids, which one would you determine might be the dangerous one, or would you determine that none of them were dangerous, and how calm would you and your kids be...c'mon, if it happened to me, i would get the "F" out as fast as i could, and go shop at another store.

That has happened to a deli I was in. They just all came from the range two miles down the road. It was a lunch break in an 8 hour class and they all just came in for sandwiches.

A few customers asked them about the class, their rifles. Nobody # their pants.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
YES! This is just exactly what needs to be done. People need to be exposed to firearms in public by someone other than our LEO "keepers". We need to realize that this is a Right guaranteed by our Constitution and GET USED TO IT. A couple of civilians armed like this and anyone up to no good will look for an easier target. Hey it sucks, but its reality, citizens still need this kind of looking after FOR THEMSELVES.

Amen, it should be a norm and not shocked up when viewed in public. The same should go for approaching our government representatives of We The People on a weekly basis. The only reason both are rare is because we don't exercise that muscle near enough and it has become flimsy. It's up to us to exercise that muscle and get it back to the normal robust efficient part that it was meant to be.

The roads have been paved for us we just stopped using them, didn't maintain them, and let them turn to ruins that would later become almost like myths when talked about. Exercise Them responsibly and be an example to others so that this myth is remembered as our RIGHTS!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice
Assault Rifle & extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip... Necessary for shopping?
Necessary for shopping? No. Of course not.

Necessary for exercising his right, and making a point to the blind and ignorant? Absolutely.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

If you were out shopping and you saw someone like Private Pile here getting out of his Car, Armed to the teeth and head towards a crowded shopping area...what would you do.....??

I would assume they were all law abiding citizens.

Why are you so scared of your neighbors?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

ya know, in this environment of Deny Ignorance ... one does wonder why are there sooooo many who willingly promote ignorance instead

instead of acting in fear ... those who are fearful should learn how to dispel their own fears rather force others to adopt their flavor of personal paranoia.

those who prefer others dispel their fears are not willing participants in their own destiny.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It's the same mindset found in frightened old biddies who get nervous and scared if a black man is in line behind them at the ATM.

Ignorant fear and a dash of hate.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Nice Avatar...That Him, That's Jelly Donut...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by sonnny1
I say the mans prepared for anything.
edit on 18-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Yet you know nothing about his mental state of health.

He might be in the news again tomorrow.

For very different reasons... and the call "If everyone was as armed as he was" will be heard across the lands...

Nor do we know the mental state of the politician in VA. Actually, we do know that he has violent outbursts according to a previous post. And yet, a known violent person armed with an "assault weapon" inside the state capital, didn't shoot the place up. What's your mental state? What's mine? Should we be allowed to post here? What if this action LEADS to someone else's violent actions elsewhere? Maybe this shouldn't be available to you or I. I'm not ragging on you, just using your comment to make a point.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

That has happened to a deli I was in. They just all came from the range two miles down the road. It was a lunch break in an 8 hour class and they all just came in for sandwiches.

c'mon, you know what i mean, there is a big difference between that, and people shopping in mall or a retail store. i suppose if you and your family went shopping, you would stand at the entrance with your kids and ask each one about if they were in a class and ask about their rifles. plus the mere fact that there were people asking them these questions, meant that they were concerned about what they were seeing, and it wouldn't be the type of concern about how the weather was going to be today. for me, i don't want to go outside my house each day, always trying to determine, in a few crucial seconds, if every armed person i see is dangerous or safe. but, apparently that's the way you want to live.
edit on 19-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by eriktheawful

ya know, in this environment of Deny Ignorance ... one does wonder why are there sooooo many who willingly promote ignorance instead

instead of acting in fear ... those who are fearful should learn how to dispel their own fears rather force others to adopt their flavor of personal paranoia.

those who prefer others dispel their fears are not willing participants in their own destiny.

The problem is what people are taught.

You're not normally born with a fear of weapons, or even someone holding a weapon.

People are "taught" to be afraid of a weapon, or someone holding a weapon.

Consider some of the posters in this thread:

The majority of people who have expressed no fear of someone who is lawfully in possession of a fire arm have either stated that:
They were in the military.
They grew up around guns in some form or another (hunting, target shooting, being taught by their parents, etc about firearms).

I come from both. I'm completely at ease with someone walking around with a gun, unless I see that they are holding it in a threatening manner (loaded, and in their hands as though ready to shoot it).

If I saw someone with a with a rifle slung on their back, and noticed it was loaded, safety off, with the barrel not pointed at the ground or up in the air, I would even not be afraid to call over to them and say: "Dude! Check your weapon."

"We have no idea what the mental state of this person is!"

Wow, and do you all know what the mental state of everyone around you is? That is a very weak argument.

I'd rather see people with weapons out in the open (slung on their back or holstered), than for them to be CCW to tell you the truth so I at least know who is armed or not.
But that's just my opinion. It would in no way make me an expert on their mental health or not.

I keep reading the question of:

"Say it was someone who pulled out weapons from the trunk of their car and headed into a crowded mall (where your wife and kids are)?" (of course we need to add that Wife and Kids part, got to try to induce fear in people about guns! Being scared and fearful is what sheep are suppose to be!)

My response is: if the law is both Open Carry and CCW, then the person that is bringing those guns into the mall is a law abiding citizen.
If this person is an idiot enough to open fire in that situation, they are going to be a very dead idiot, very quickly.

So now out comes the argument: Ah! But see if there were no guns, then the situation would never happen!

Sure, you can think that.

Of course Timothy McVeigh didn't open up his trunk and bring one gun at all, nor did he fire one bullet......

But he still was able to kill 168 people, 19 of them children......

With nothing more than poop, racing fuel and a truck.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

c'mon, you know what i mean, there is a big difference between that, and people shopping in mall or a retail store. i suppose if you and your family went shopping, you would stand at the entrance with your kids and ask each one about if they were in a class and ask about their rifles. plus the mere fact that there were people asking them these questions, meant that they were concerned about what they were seeing, and it wouldn't be the type of concern about how the weather was going to be today. for me, i don't want to go outside my house each day, always trying to determine, in a few crucial seconds, if every armed person i see is dangerous or safe. but, apparently that's the way you want to live.

No, I dont know what you mean. My life isnt ruled by irrational fears. A holstered or slung weapon is no threat to anyone.

The questions were the same a group of cyclists get when they end their ride at a bar or sandwich shop. About their bikes, about the ride they just went on, how often they meet, etc...

Nobody was asking "WTF are you doing?"

Instead of carbon wheels and spandex they had metal tubes and cargo pants.

You make judgements everyday all day regarding threats and safety. If you didnt you'd never cross the street. the only reason you think it's a big deal is because you want it to be.
edit on 19-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

link   

Assault Rifle & extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip... Necessary for shopping?

is this needed to direct traffic? when shtf.. u could be sitting on the toilet.. having dinner at a resturaunt or even shopping in the grocery. it could be any day.. any minute.. so go ahead and sit on ur arse about it and hope that it will wait till u are ready.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

How many armed robbers or murderers have you witnessed walking around nonchalantly with a rifle slung across their back?

As a matter of fact, how many times have you witnessed gun violence on American streets? I’ve never seen an armed robbery or a mass shooting, have you? You must ask yourself ‘why all the hype’ about this issue when it rarely occurs?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hes pretty dominant and aggressive with those 2 women... funny how he was quiet as a puppy with alex and his MAD RANTINGS OUT LOUD and was pretty delicate with Ventura...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

This guy is a nut job. Even a cop doesn't walk into your business with an AR15 hanging over his shoulder, despite the fact that he could legally do so.

I don't know about Utah law, but here in Texas, I believe that a business has the right to prohibit someone from entering their business with a firearm. But then, I'm sure this guy would probably view that as an infringement of his rights.

On the other hand, This may be just what the doctor ordered. This may be just what it takes to spur a serious debate about gun violence & gun control in this country.

All I know is this; If I were in J.C. Penny's, (in any state) and a guy walked in with an assault rifle slung over his shoulder, a sidearm in his holster and extra magazines for both, I'm taking my family and leaving as quickly as possible. On top of that, it would probably be quite some time before I returned to that business if ever......and I'm a gun owner from Texas.

Something has to change!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join