It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing time of a different kind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm sure most who frequent ATS are familiar with the concept of missing time, ie: walking down a road at 3 pm and next thing you know it's 11 am three days later.

The other day , however, me and my girlfriend experienced something quite different.

I was listening to a music playlist, working on an image in Photoshop. Most of the songs in the playlist are 3-7 minutes long. My girlfriend was taking a nap on the bed across from me.

She woke up and asked me what time it was, I looked at my computer screen, itt was 1:00 pm. Before I could reply she looked at a clock on the table next to her and said, "oh, it's 1" and went back to sleep.
Three songs pass. I start a new image edit. The edits I'm doing are basic skin touchups, removing facial blemishes, scars, etc.
I spend about 10 minutes per image.

My girl wakes up again, and starts talking to me about her sister for like 10 minutes. I finish the image I'm working on and suggest we make some lunch. She gets up and we proceed into the kitchen, and start making some
food.

We're still talking, and about 7 different songs have played since she first asked me what time it was, at 1:00 pm .
She asks me what time it is again. The clock says 1:05 P.M.

She looks at me funny, faced scrunched up, and says "what, that can't be right", I say "I know", and go back in the room to check that clock. Sure enough, it says 1:06.

I then go through the whole house, checking all the clocks. They're all in sync.

We both start freaking out a little. It feels to both of us that at least 20 minutes have passed, I was even leaning closer to a half hour, but the clock only registered five minutes passing. All the clocks at that.
Mind you we listened to about seven songs of a duration between 3- 7 minutes long during this "five minutes".

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? We're both stumped.

This happened a little over a week ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I would say the battery in your PCM needs changing because you checked the time on it and it is reading slow so,that could be your problem.
Also, you posted this twice as well...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wont admit, but this is hapening. Them im sure i make some mistake or see it wrong. But last night i go from my livingroom in 03:15 and afer when im i come up in my bed, i watch on clocke, there been a 04:20
im sure aware it was passed only max 3-5 min. Betwen climbin up stairs, undress, and put blanket on me.

Well. Cant say more because i dont know wtf. Everything is possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
OR
you me and your g, we are schizophrenics. They dont know wtf goin on when changin personalities.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh yeah.. something like this happened to me a few weeks ago.. Let me see if I can find the thread where I talked about it so I don't have to type it all over... stay tuned..

Here it is: Story

Not exactly like your incident, but I can't really explain it just the same.

edit on 18-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
OR
you me and your g, we are schizophrenics. They dont know wtf goin on when changin personalities.

Way to go slick...you insult the creator of this thread and mentally ill people all in one sentence. I bet you are really proud of that! (end of sarcasm)

(To the author of this thread) I really don't have an explanation for the missing time you and your lady had; but I do believe you.

About 9 years ago I had 36 hours of missing time; and that was after I witnessed a UFO; what happened I don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by wwwchronos
OR

Way to go slick...you insult the creator of this thread and mentally ill people all in one sentence. I bet you are really proud of that! (end of sarcasm)

(To the author of this thread) I really don't have an explanation for the missing time you and your lady had; but I do believe you.

About 9 years ago I had 36 hours of missing time; and that was after I witnessed a UFO; what happened I don't know.

I'm in two minds about schizophrenics

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I did think of that, but it wouldn't explain our analog clocks behavior. Good thought though, thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by twtankhamwn

Only a little over a week ago?

Wow . . . seems more like three months . . .

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Your story is spot on Awake... That's pretty much what happened to us. I let my GF see the thread, and your story, and while I can't recall the exact day she says she's sure it was a Sunday because she was disappointed she missed church earlier (I usually don't attend, so I really don't know). Whats more, the two incidents happened at roughly the same time of day- ours at around 1, yours around noon

Definitely food for thought, thanks for sharing. Any idea what the nature of this phenomenon could be?

I definitely could use more hours in a day!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

Not quite sure I catch your drift there. Are you trying to make a joke?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't see the point in taking time out of your day to call people crazy. Shared schitzophrenia? Okay. Enjoy your lonely internet trolling.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Not quite sure I catch your drift there. Are you trying to make a joke?

And apparently quite unsuccessfully.

At any rate, it was not intended in a disparaging way. I am quite interested in suggested incidents of 'missing' (or 'gained') time. This thread is no exception.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

We're still talking, and about 7 different songs have played since she first asked me what time it was, at 1:00 pm .
She asks me what time it is again. The clock says 1:05 P.M.

She looks at me funny, faced scrunched up, and says "what, that can't be right", I say "I know", and go back in the room to check that clock. Sure enough, it says 1:06.

I then go through the whole house, checking all the clocks. They're all in sync.

We both start freaking out a little. It feels to both of us that at least 20 minutes have passed, I was even leaning closer to a half hour, but the clock only registered five minutes passing. All the clocks at that.
Mind you we listened to about seven songs of a duration between 3- 7 minutes long during this "five minutes".

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? We're both stumped.

Well does sound very strange. However, it isn't really that you 'LOST' time is it? You actually 'GAINED' some time, right? In otherwords, you did more photoshopping and listened to 20-30minutes of songs ALL in about 6 minutes. So you didn't lose time, you got way more done in less time.........Now that is the real mystery!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Good point!

That's a starting place. At least we now have a name for this phenomenon, "gained time"!
edit on 18-1-2013 by twtankhamwn because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No problem
Some of the most intelligent people I've known told jokes nobody got!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
maybe People are dreaming and the stable dream is starting to become unstable.

most of the time, a person will wake up and know that they have had a dream, they know this because usually it is obscure and jumps from one issue to the next... what if your starting to see your life is a dream and the way we are finding this out is because of subtle time anomolies?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by ItDepends

Good point!

Lol thats a start. At least we can now call this phenomenon "gained time"!

Yes, wouldn't that be a cool thread if there are multiple cases of people getting places, things accomplished with very little time elapsing?? It is not uncommon to hear about people beginning at 1pm as an example, doing something for 30 minutes and then the next thing they know it is 7pm......lost time.

But in this case, 1pm to 1:06 pm and they describe doing, photoshop, several song 3-7 minutes long and the GF sleeping, and only 5-6 minutes passed..........They gained time!! Surely interesting, and I cannot come up with a logical answer. Good luck! Let us know if these occurances continue. Thanks

Peace!! ID B

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Don't worry....

It's just a glitch in the Matrix....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That's an incredibly profound concept, Thurisaz.

I've had a dream, where I woke up from a dream, and kept waking up from a dream, in the dream. This was so disorienting that when I actually "woke up", I wasn't sure I was competely awake for a few minutes.

Very interesting, thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join