It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing time of a different kind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by twtankhamwn

Apparently your experience isn't all that uncommon. I have experienced time anomalies as well, both gaining and losing time.

This is an interesting read...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Thanks for the read

Last night Dr. Anderson coincidentaly came on an old episode of coast to coast... He builds "time reactors"..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i saw something in a newspaper that sparked my interest, it relates to this subject as i too have had missing time, like i time jumped in the span of 1 minute to another time on several occasions. In the paper the title of the article was-Perception vs Reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Thanks TrutherMan-2. Could you tell me which newspaper?

Your experience sounds interesting. So you "skipped" ahead in time? Would you like to share an experience of this kind? It's funny, there are a few synchronistic things going on here, I'm pursuing time, space, and the nature of reality vs. perception since this incident.

Any "gained time" or time anomaly stories are welcome here.
edit on 19-1-2013 by twtankhamwn because: added lines

edit on 19-1-2013 by twtankhamwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Well thanks for that thought, i just love a disturbing idea right before I go to sleep.

OP: While I don't think it applies to you it's possible share a delusion with one or more persons in addition to oneself. When it's two people it's called Folie à deux

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That has been happening to me recently. My husband and I have realized that time seems to be about an hour ahead, all the time. Our internal clocks are off by about an hour and time seems to drag on. Strangely enough, days and weeks seem to just be speeding by since the end of December. I, for one, cannot believe it is the 19th of January.

I have been trying to figure out why our concept of time seems so off. Why are we experiencing it as being so slow, yet the days themselves are flying by, with weeks behind us like nothing?

I will tell you, my husband and I also had the opposite experience about 2 nights ago. It was late, maybe 12:30 am, and decided to watch 127 Hours when we went to bed. *SPOILER ALERT* * SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* We were maybe 15 minutes into the movie, where he first gets trapped and starts chipping away at the rock, when we decided to roll over and go to sleep. He was snuggling me and rubbing my back and then a few minutes later, I told him to roll over, I'd snuggle him instead. We were both awake, though very relaxed & mellow, eyes closed. When we rolled over, I realized that it was the scene with the little boy watching him & he decided to break his arm. If you've seen this movie, you'd know that there is about an hour or so in between those two parts. HOW IN THE WORLD did we miss an hour of that movie? We never fell asleep, we were just very relaxed, like in a meditative state, but still totally aware. I know it sounds weird, but it's like time has been glitchy lately; the feeling of it and the actuality of it, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Did you check the computer time stamps for the files you edited during this period?

Maybe they hold a clue or perhaps another mystery.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by twtankhamwn

Thanks TrutherMan-2. Could you tell me which newspaper?

Your experience sounds interesting. So you "skipped" ahead in time? Would you like to share an experience of this kind? It's funny, there are a few synchronistic things going on here, I'm pursuing time, space, and the nature of reality vs. perception since this incident.

Any "gained time" or time anomaly stories are welcome here.
edit on 19-1-2013 by twtankhamwn because: added lines

edit on 19-1-2013 by twtankhamwn because: (no reason given)

In hospital when i was diagnosed after starting to hear voices i was walking back and forth along a hallway i would check the clock each time i made it to the end of the hall, i went ahead 20 minutes or so, people around me started acting aphasic, more odd than when they came into the hospital.

a year later i was experiencing very odd thngs, seeing cars dissappear and i saw the same person twice in two different locations within 5 minutes. i was at a house to eat where i lived, some mormons came to visit a resident there, i knew them because they show up alot there. Well walking back to my house i saw one of the same mormon walking with bikes up the sidewalk. He might of had a twin, but only two mormons usually show up. I freaked out. thought i was skipping through time and dimensions.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
maybe People are dreaming and the stable dream is starting to become unstable.

most of the time, a person will wake up and know that they have had a dream, they know this because usually it is obscure and jumps from one issue to the next... what if your starting to see your life is a dream and the way we are finding this out is because of subtle time anomolies?

Maybe this is why i would rather stay awake in my dreams. My dreams may actually be reality and reality is the dream.

Does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

This is a great idea Dr. I'll be looking at the exif for those pictures today, and let you know what i can find out. I edited around 80 or so images that day, within a roughly three hour span of time.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This happens to me a few times a year actually. Say i'm on a train platform for example, and a distinctive looking person is on an opposite platform. I get on my train, and several stops after here will come the distinctive person getting on, even though they've boarded a train in the opposite direction.

This has also happened with friends, witnessing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This thread is great.

Time anomalies, the nature of dreams and reality, great suggestions as to checking electronic records for some clue as to the situation.

I'd just like to thank the people who have posted thoughts and experiences here.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by twtankhamwn

This happens to me a few times a year actually. Say i'm on a train platform for example, and a distinctive looking person is on an opposite platform. I get on my train, and several stops after here will come the distinctive person getting on, even though they've boarded a train in the opposite direction.

This has also happened with friends, witnessing the same thing.

i think people can enter other dimensions, if there are parrallel dimensions and we are all independant copies with similar DNA codes, perhaps it is a form of resonance and energy that does something to our perception or physical being? Causing us to enter into "pockets" of other dimensions..i dont really know how to explain right, but thats the best i can surmise.

originally posted at 11:11..that wasn't intentional
edit on 20-1-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Below is something I posted on another thread back on 4-12-2007

(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

"I began recording things a couple of years ago after way too many things happened. I hope these are the kind of things you’re looking for.

I negelected to record the date but it was sometime in 1999 or 2000 - Gained time (10 Minutes) driving one afternoon when driving home from work. I reached the intersection of hwy’s 540 and 412 in Springdale Arkansas and checked the time. It was 5:20 PM. I set the cruise control and headed home. From where I was to the City limits of Siloam Springs should have taken me 20 minutes. As I reached the city limit, I looked at the clock again and saw that the time was 5:30. There was no indication that anything was out of the ordinary and I don’t recall a black out, but before and since, that route has always taken me 20 minutes. There doesn’t seen to be much on gained time but I’m sure that it happened. I attempted to recreate the event on my drive home the next two days, but it always took 20 minutes."

To this day, I drive this same route and it's never happened again that I've noticed.

After this happened, Dan Ackroyd was recording a new series for Sci-Fi (SF) channel called "Out There." I had submitted some questions for the show in the creation stages and when recording began, SF emailed me and asked if I would be a phone caller for the show concerning my question about missed and gained time. I agreed so they sent me "their" copy of my question to ask. I noticed that they had taken the "gained time" reference out of my question.

On the day of recording, SF called me at home and I waited on the phone what they were doing the intro's. The guest that day was Budd Hopkins and finally, Dan got around to identifying me and told me to ask my question. I read the question they gave me, but right after 'missing time", I slipped in and "Gained Time."

Budd began to answer and it sounded to me that he wasn't ready for the addition of "gained time." I don't remember the question or his answer, but I do remember the way he said "Yes and No." At the end of his answer, Dan said that SF would give my contact info for Budd to contact me, but no call ever came from Budd or his institution.

I took it upon myself to contact Budds institution and to make a long story short, the person I was speaking too listened to my experiences, offered to give me some names of individuals in my area who could help me with my trauma's. When I told him I did feel traumatized, he said "okay" and ended the call.

It left a sour taste in my mouth that since I wasn't screwed up and there wasn't a book in my story that I was a waste of there time.

Forgot to mention that
an Ackroyd's Out There" never made it to air. Dan tells a story about it in the Documentary "UFO's Unplugged". At least I think that's the name of it.

To get back ont topic, I don't have anything specific, but it seems to me that time is going slower at times where I'll be sitting and working on something and after what seems 15 minutes to a half and hour, I'll check and see only 5 mins have passed.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one whose seeing this now. Back in 2007, I couldn't find anything on the topic.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I want to add this in here, although it is more about classic missing time, rather than gaining time. But, I think I should put it here, simply because what happened to my husband and I was so weird, yet we didn't even realize it until February of last year, almost 7 years after it happened. Our memories of the event were fully functional, but dissecting the event, it makes absolutely zero logical sense.

In June of 2005, we were living south of Chicago and friends of mine had invited us out to Seattle to play records at a club. We decided to take a road trip because neither of us had been west before. The first day we drove from Chicago to Mitchell, SD. We left the next morning at 7 am from Mitchell, SD (just inside the SD/MN border). Around noonish, we were in the Black Hills, right on schedule. We crossed into WY and then into Montana and stopped around 5ish. It was when we got here that we realized we were running out of money and decided to cancel our show and detour back into WY, maybe staying a couple of days in CO, since neither of us had been there before. So, we backtracked and got dinner in Sheridan around 6. We had never stayed in WY before and only had an atlas, so we looked at staying in Casper, since it looked big on the map. We ate dinner and started driving south to Casper. We got to Casper around 9ish and began stopping at hotels, looking for a room. By this time, we had been driving for just about 14 hours straight (but I think there was a time change somewhere in there).

All the hotel rooms were booked solid, something about some sort of tournaments that take place at that time. We were told that the whole state was filled up because of it. It's dark and we're driving on very, very hilly parts of I-25, there are huge shoulder drop-offs and no guard rails, we're the only car out, besides semi trucks. We start driving town to town, which sucks, because for those of you that have been there, WY does not have many of them, and the ones that had hotels were all booked up, just like they said they'd be when we were in Casper. We found nothing, no real towns, and stopped at a truck stop parking lot to sleep, but it was too uncomfortable. We drove further and ended up stopping at a rest area, trying to sleep in the car, but again, too uncomfortable. We decided to try and keep going, looking for a hotel somewhere. We eventually reached Cheyenne, which is not far over the border from CO. We rolled in to a hotel in Cheyenne and it was 5 am. We drove for 22 hours straight.

This story was told to friends & family for years. The day we drove 22 hours straight. Hallucinating from lack of sleep, stuck in the car, our first trip into the wild west, definitely memorable. We told that story for almost 7 years. Two years later, we moved to CO. We have been in WY several times after that, down that same stretch of highway. Almost 5 years after moving here and being in WY numerous times, we discovered this:

When talking about that trip last February, we realized that the time did not add up. Something happened after Casper. There is no way it should have taken almost 8 hours to go from Casper to Cheyenne. I looked at Mapquest and sure enough, it should only take just about 4 1/2 hours. Now, we did stop at that truck stop for about 20 minutes. We stopped at that rest area for about 30 minutes. We stopped in maybe 5 or 6 other towns for about 2-5 minutes each. At most, it should have taken us 6 hours, if you add in the time it takes, plus a liberal amount of time from our other stops. Where did that two hours go?

I investigated further and found there were more inconsistencies with our memory of the event and mapquest. We recall stopping 5-6 other times between Casper and Cheyenne, not including the truck stop and rest area. I checked on a map and sure enough, the truck stop is still there and the rest area is right where we remembered it being. However, there were not 5 or 6 other places for us to have stopped at these hotels. There is nothing there. One of those stops came off of a frontage road and went underneath the interstate to a little motel. However, that motel was boarded up. I saw that motel on google earth, it does exist. However, when discussing this part with my husband, he had no idea what I was talking about. He does not remember just sitting in that motel's parking lot. I also remember pulling over onto the shoulder before we got to that motel. I vividly remember this, because it was pitch black, no lights anywhere, no trucks even, remember thinking that it was a steep drop. He does not remember this.

Our memory of that night was so intact, yet we never questioned the ridiculousness of the amount of time it took to get where we were going. My point? We never questioned our memories of that night, just ran with the story for years. How many times do we, as humans, do this? Why did this happen, where did that time go?

cont'd...

edit on 20-1-2013 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Continued from above...

So, while some of the places actually exist, some don't. The memories are very real, but not for both of us. Why did we remember stopping so much?

I picked up a copy of Whitley Streiber's book, Communion, right after the time we discovered something was wrong with the story. I read it in a few days. At the end of the book, he was discussing driving down a road and remembering things after he turned down the road. However, for whatever reason, he realized that the memory couldn't possibly be right because stuff didn't really exist (I forget how it goes). Anyway, it was just like our experience of the time & unreal locations. Did something happen to us while we were driving? We remember just driving. There isn't a moment that isn't fluid with the rest of the story. However, there was a point after a stop, the motel stop, where we were just suddenly very drowsy, vision blurry. We attributed it to being tired from driving and that may well be, but that's the only indicator that something was different during the drive.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
....However, there was a point after a stop, the motel stop, where we were just suddenly very drowsy, vision blurry. We attributed it to being tired from driving and that may well be, but that's the only indicator that something was different during the drive.

This paragraph caught my attention. Like I said, I drive the same stretch of highway 5 nights a week. When I leave work, I'm wide awake, but several times a month, I experience the drowsy, blurry vision you mentioned, then once I'm home, I'm wide awake again. I may need to pay more attention to what's going on during those nights.

I always wrote it off as it being a dark stretch but I have heard others talk about thinks like this. I've been thinking about installing a camera in my vehicle for a while to record the trips back and forth. Might be time to look into it.

One thing I did want to ask and this is a long shot, but is it possible that during that missing time, you guys may have been driving slower due to being tired? Of course I don't know how much slower you'd have to drive to extend your trip by those two hours. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Hi, paraclete1
Thanks for the question. I don't think so, only because I was very nervous about my husband going the speed limit, which is either 75 or 80 through there. I know here in CO it's 75 on most of the stretch of interstate, and coming from Illinois where it's 65, I remembered thinking that he needed to slow down because of how windy and hilly some of the stretches are through there. It was so hilly through there and so dark that at one point I screamed, thinking a semi was coming at us in our lane. However, it was a semi on the other side of the interstate and at the top of a hill and we were on top of a hill, so it was a weird optical illusion that the truck was going to hit us. That was right before we started getting suddenly exhausted.

The blurry vision/sudden exhaustion came on like a brick wall. We'd been tired but pumped up just to get somewhere and at our last gas station stop, had picked up a couple cans each of red bull. We had music going and were getting down, trying to make it more fun. After we left that parking lot of that motel, it was like being comatose, eyes couldn't focus. I remember looking at a planet or star twinkle in the direct southern part of the sky and my eyes were so focused on it, it looked jumpy, but it's because my eyes were so buggy. We were in such a drowsy state just outside of Cheyenne that I was worried that my husband was going to go off the side of the interstate and down the embankment. I kept asking him if he was okay to drive, could he make it (we could see the lights of Cheyenne in the distance) and he just said he wasn't sure. I've driven with him from Denver to Portland and Chicago to Portland, Oregon quite a few times and he never had such a problem before.

One thing I will mention is that one other odd thing happened on that trip, on the way back. We were in Iowa, not too far out of Des Moines but in the middle of nowhere, and the car's headlights began to die out and come back on, the stereo started going in and out, quiet loud, I thought our alternator was going out. As this was happening, we almost hit a deer that was just standing right smack dab in the middle of the road, not moving. We swerved to avoid it and decided to pull off the interstate to an exit that had a hotel, just in case the car did die in the middle of the night. That night I called my mother and told her what happened with the car and she said my stepdad would be willing to come and pick us up in Iowa, should the car break down the next morning. However, when we left, the car was fine. My husband turned the headlights on, stereo, all of the power accessories, and nothing died out.

It was definitely a weird trip! Might be a good idea to film stuff if you can, at least it'll give you a clue as to what's going on

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Sounds like a typical abduction. Do you or your Husband have any unexplained marks? I have the common 'scoop' mark on my left leg that's been there for as long as I can remember. I attended a UFO convention where a Guest Speaker showed his mark and told us what happened on the day he got it. His description was more of a visitation, not an abduction. Afterwards, I spoke with him, we compared marks and they were identical. So he told me while I may not remember what happened, he's convinced that I've been visited.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

It's funny because that event preceded stranger events in my life by about 1 1/2 years. Nothing that I recall directly after that, but strange things did indeed occur later
We have identical scars on our very upper inner thigh, almost near the groin area. These were discovered in 2007, but I have no idea when they got there. It isn't a scar where it has scar tissue that sticks up, but it is more of a perfect indentation that looks like it has purple scar tissue beneath it, if that makes sense. It is triangle-shaped, somewhere between the size of a pencil eraser and a dime. The spot never hurt, just noticed it one day. The edges of it are perfect, not jagged or anything, and more like an isosceles triangle. You and I could probably talk for hours! lol Feel free to u2u me anytime, I like talking to and meeting people with similar "events" in their backgrounds

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join