It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free-loading welfare queens/kings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
we are one step from Communism. Why work, when the government can provide? My only issue is what will happen with this people when there is a crisis, and no money will be distributed by the government? What skills do they posses?, Must probably they resort to stealing because they did not prepare themselves. ways to stop this... Simple

1- Mandatory random drug test every year if you receive welfare.
2- Government will only offer benefits for 2 kids, unless you had them before getting welfare. (If you are on welfare and decided to have a third kid, he/she will be put for adoption, since clearly you are not responsible enough, or have the means to take care of a third kid)
3- Food stamps will only be accepted in supermarkets (You spend all day at home, no need for fast foods... learn how to cook, the least you could do)
4- Fine any establishment except supermarkets if they take food stamps.
5-- We should treat parents that have multiple child that they can't afford a form of child abuse

Link:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You sound like an angry person.

What about all those people who can't work but want to, or those who already have loads of kids, or any number of other scenarios your draconian suggestions ignore?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Here is a simple one:
You need assistance, fine, get at least a part time job, or, get Red Cross training, to take care of other peoples children on assistance, so they can get a job. And be prepared to be monitored.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Would it not be better to give those on welfare some free contraception? better a few bucks a month for some pills/condoms etc than having to pay for the next 18 years of housing/education/medical expenses etc? but i suppose worse case scenario you could use them as live target practice for those rich enough to afford it so run little piggy run......

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Here is a simple one:
You need assistance, fine, get at least a part time job, or, get Red Cross training, to take care of other peoples children on assistance, so they can get a job. And be prepared to be monitored.

Not unless you wish to be subjected to the same monitoring..

Reason: what everyone forgets is even in the worst of situations, these people still have the SAME RIGHTS you do as accorded by the Constitution, that means they cannot violate Article 4 (illegal search/seizure) of which a drug test is, unless they do it for all people in the country, even those getting SSI, Social Security Retirement and SSDI..

Think before you speak..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the op, has a similar set of demands for those who received corporate welfare or do they get a free pass. Just focus on the poor right? Always like to have someone to look down upon.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The OP has a valid point. I'm seeing some people who I know as I speak sell their foodstamps for marijuana and money.

A county worker at the welfare tells people. If you want to receive any assistance from the county, you need to get pregnant, have children and make the sperm donor pay child support.

Some women are getting pregnant recklessly so they can take advantage of the system and people who really need, get turn down with a blind eye. Especially here in Kern County, Ca. And us working Americans wonder why these groups are driving nice cars, affordable housing and dining at fine fast foods but, me and some of us working class....struggling.

I have no love for this system. America better wake the heck up because I am tired of getting drag along with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
That's all getting a bit extreme for a segment of the population who ISN'T the problem right now, isn't it?

There is no question about the fact welfare queens existed before the recession/depression we're in right now. Clinton was one who tried to solve that problem and even Daddy Bush gave it a college try. I personally detest the people who CAN work and choose not to while living off the money coming from the state .... out of the working people's paystubs and taxes.

Having said that? Hmm... It's not quite how it was before the crashes, IMO.

Unemployment is up...and in some local areas, it's over 25% or more before the U4-U6 numbers are even considered.

Sheer numbers involved..are scarier and these are by thousands for number graduation.

While at the same time, those who DO have work...are being paid less than they have in a long time.

Source
(The above charts from that screen are - Civilian Unemployment / Unemployment Rate / ECI Private Wage and Salaries, respectively.

This might be a disastrously bad time to start suggesting crack downs on those who literally have nothing else to get by with right now This comes during a period where it's exceptionally hard to find work in many regions of the country. Just my thoughts....but this is a group already disaffected, generally depressed and pissed. Adding true physical hunger is where we see actual fighting in the street, IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I mean the monitoring of the person watching other kids. Which is done already for people not on assistance.

So I was thinking, thanks!
edit on 18-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Here is a simple one:

Reason: what everyone forgets is even in the worst of situations, these people still have the SAME RIGHTS you do as accorded by the Constitution, that means they cannot violate Article 4 (illegal search/seizure) of which a drug test is, unless they do it for all people in the country, even those getting SSI, Social Security Retirement and SSDI..

Think before you speak..

Who gives a dang about a Article 4. Why should some people take advantage of the system and get free ride because some of the people are to lazy to even do anything to help themselves.

Have a open mind to understand what some of these are doing. I work the streets everyday and smh because this welfare system is not helping them. It helps you to pay for it.

If you need emergency assistance great!!! Use it productivity to help you get back on your feet but don't sit there and.say....oh well at least I don't have to work for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

Here is a simple one:

Think before you speak..

Who gives a dang about a Article 4. Why should some people take advantage of the system and get free ride because some of the people are to lazy to even do anything to help themselves.

Have a open mind to understand what some of these are doing. I work the streets everyday and smh because this welfare system is not helping them. It helps you to pay for it.

If you need emergency assistance great!!! Use it productivity to help you get back on your feet but don't sit there and.say....oh well at least I don't have to work for it.

Your point? I've spent the better part of my adult life protecting people from abuses of power and challenges to their rights. I've seen the people on the street, i've seen people barely making enough to get by and need a little extra hand. You can weed out the bad without infringing upon their rights..

What's next drug tests to register to vote? Once one segment is under control, they move on to the next.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Here is a simple one:

Think before you speak..

Your point? I've spent the better part of my adult life protecting people from abuses of power and challenges to their rights. I've seen the people on the street, i've seen people barely making enough to get by and need a little extra hand. You can weed out the bad without infringing upon their rights..

What's next drug tests to register to vote? Once one segment is under control, they move on to the next.

Um hmm and I spending my time enforcing these laws and try to prevent the wrong people misusing the system.

Its not fair for you and me so I do understand where you're coming from but some of these people are defrauding the system and laughing in our faces.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
You sound like an angry person.

What about all those people who can't work but want to, or those who already have loads of kids, or any number of other scenarios your draconian suggestions ignore?

----------------

If you really want to, unless you are handicap, you can get a job, the problem is that they don't want a job that pays $7.50, because they are making more money getting money from government.

the draconian scenario is just a start...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I wonder if the op, has a similar set of demands for those who received corporate welfare or do they get a free pass. Just focus on the poor right? Always like to have someone to look down upon.

I do not agree, with government bailing out any business. is your responsibility to make your business profitable, not the government.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Here is a simple one:

Think before you speak..

I guess you didn't see the part where I said, able to work, and deciding not to work...
SSDI are not able to work, and Retirement you deserve to do with the money what ever you want, you earn it...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Here is a simple one:

Think before you speak..

SO is ok for them to infringe in my right of not wanting to give them money, but having to do it... so their are infringing in my free will.

Drug test for voters will not be such a bad Idea, maybe we can get politicians that can do their jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yuniorsan

Problem is the right to not have the public welfare fund not used for them is not a right, you don't get to decide what your tax dollars pay for, however, as citizens, they enjoy the same rights to privacy that you do, do you understand now? I can't arrest someone without Miranda, and I certainly cannot search their person or property without a warrant, same applies to drug tests, no court order, no drug test Government agencies have to obey the laws too, or they get to deal with my unit, plain simple and to the point. Got it now? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can break the laws. There are ways of cutting down on Welfare Fraud without violating basic civil rights. Westchester County has done it, a few others in NY have started to do it, everywhere else can as well.

Catch 22, but unfortunately from the comfort of my position, a person on welfare, is no different than you or I in their standing as citizens..

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Its not fair for you and me so I do understand where you're coming from but some of these people are defrauding the system and laughing in our faces.

I've been wondering what kind of assistance there would be if ONLY those who needed help applied for it? If only a thousand people needed assistance, would any city, state, or federal branch even bother helping? But if, along with the truly needy, ten thousand lazy bums applied, wouldn't this actually be helping the ones that really need it?

I have no idea; I'm just asking.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Well see it this way for all intend and purposes they are getting a salary, so, you can't get a job with governmental unless you get a drug screen, so why are they exempt?

Why I have to get a drug screen to make money, but they don't need one to receive it... that to me is double standard.

And activists are quick to jump the fence for the poor and lazy, but the people that work 80 hours a week and barely making it, those poor souls don't get benefits...

NOW, if you have better idea of how to stop the free loaders, I'm all ears, if you don't then you are part of the problem...

Because the FACT is, THERE ARE FREE LOADERS USING WELFARE!!!
1- They Can work, but choose not too.
2- Have 10 kids, because government pays form them, and they get a nice sum of money.
3- They teach the kids, that work is unnecessary, government will provided.

Instead of criticizing, why don't come up with a solution for those issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuniorsan
reply to post by vkey08

Well see it this way for all intend and purposes they are getting a salary, so, you can't get a job with governmental unless you get a drug screen, so why are they exempt?

Why I have to get a drug screen to make money, but they don't need one to receive it... that to me is double standard.

And activists are quick to jump the fence for the poor and lazy, but the people that work 80 hours a week and barely making it, those poor souls don't get benefits...

NOW, if you have better idea of how to stop the free loaders, I'm all ears, if you don't then you are part of the problem...

Because the FACT is, THERE ARE FREE LOADERS USING WELFARE!!!
1- They Can work, but choose not too.
2- Have 10 kids, because government pays form them, and they get a nice sum of money.
3- They teach the kids, that work is unnecessary, government will provided.

Instead of criticizing, why don't come up with a solution for those issues.

Ahh apples and oranges argument... Because to get a job, you have to prove you aren't impaired, then somehow that equates to Food Stamps being a salary. EEEEEEEPPPPPP wrong answer. It's a safety net program, you're angry because they are abusing the program? There's no easy fix but..

There are many other solutions to this problem, the first and foremost is the Welfare to Work program, Westchester County NY put a time limit on benefits (2 years) , after which time, you can receive no cash, and Food Stamps are contingent on working twords or finding gainful employment. They are inelegible for cash assistance for 6 years after that.. That's only one of the solutions, over time I've seen about 500 proposals to help cut fraud, I've also seen fraud nipped at the people giving the benefits, where they are arrested for not doing sue dilligence in checking the people they are approving.. None of them involve the removal of the right to privacy or the right against illegal search and seizure. Just because you are an addict, does not mean you are ineligible for benefits, it's that simple.

Seems to me you're the one without a solution, and you're begging everyone else to fix this issue, and only sitting there armchair angry over something you have zero clue about.

Foodstamps, in their normal form can only be used for food items. Granted there are some people that use them for things other than intended, and when caught they face fierce fines, jail time, etc, and can NEVER get them again... Bet you didn't know that eh?

Try attending some of the brainstorming sessions they have all over the country for dealing with welfare fraud, see how far you get with your attitude, it's based upon conjecture and anger based upon conjecture.. There are some that abuse the system, yes, but there are many more who don't, wanna punish them too?

Also, no offense, learn how to write in English.. Your grammar is more borked than most of the people you claim don't deserve help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join