It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Against Senseless Violence: “Join Us! Tell Everyone Your House Is Completely Unprotected!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Screwed

Theres nothing illogical about wanting strict gun controll laws and wanting to carrying a weapon.

Could you address that point please?

I don't get it. You want strict gun control and carry a gun at the same time? If yes then what type of strict control do you want?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I want exactly what obama is suggesting... i want exactly what new york has already passed.

There is nothing contradictory there.... Do you see anything wrong with that?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I want exactly what obama is suggesting... i want exactly what new york has already passed.

I disagree with starting a crazy people list, and I'm confused about what to do with my Beretta Px4 because it hold 14 bullets. Can I promise to only have 10 bullets in it or do I have to get rid of it now?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The only answer is to let people have their freedom and do what they will as long as they do not hurt anyone else in the process.

If they do, then there are laws to deal with that, and there is appropriate punishment.
Period.

You are NEVER going to stop crazy people from being crazy and you are NEVER going to CONTROL people the way you are wanting to control them.

What would you want done with all of the people inn NY right now who refuse to turn in their glocks which hold 17 rounds?

What do YOU want to do with these people?
These otherwise law abiding citizens who work and pay their taxes.
What should we now do with them according to you?????
edit on 18-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

There are regulations about how many shells you can keep in a pump shotgun when hunting...

Why would this differ? If an officer stops and asks to see how many bullets are in your mag... its the same as if your out duck hunting and a fish and game guys asks you to show how many shells you have in your shotgun.

This post is to address both of you who have no idea how these things work in states where there are regulations on the amout of rounds you can carry in a loaded weapon for hunting.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

There are regulations about how many shells you can keep in a pump shotgun when hunting...

Why would this differ? If an officer stops and asks to see how many bullets are in your mag... its the same as if your out duck hunting and a fish and game guys asks you to show how many shells you have in your shotgun.

What?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Asking for strict gun controll is not the same thing as asking for a gun free society. Its a pitty you cant understand something that simple. i blame your bible.

Isnt it interesting that at the drop of a hat these nutjobs will hunt people down and harass them for their opinions on gun controll. I wonder how they would react to the shoe being on the other foot.

PERSECUTION!!!!! THE END IS NIGH!!!!! IM BEING REPRESSED AND HUNTED BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

o yeah thats right. Simply asking for there to be someone appointed to the head the ATF is hitler killing the jews all over again.

Did you read the article? They weren't just going to any persons house that is for gun control. These are the reporters and editors that published a list of the names and addresses of gun owners. So, they were the ones being shown how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot.

Since these reporters and editors did not consider it a violation of the privacy and safety of others to reveal which homes have guns and which homes don't, we went to see which of them would be willing to put a sign up publicly declaring their homes to be gun-free zones.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Were some of them ON that list as gun owners themselves???

If so what is the point?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

If they were then that was their choice. The rest of the people whose addresses were published did not have a choice. No one bothered to ask them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

This post is to address both of you who have no idea how these things work in states where there are regulations on the amout of rounds you can carry in a loaded weapon for hunting.

You are dodging the question and for good reason, I know that is getting uncomfortable for you.

The question was,

What would YOU have done with these otherwise Law abiding, tax paying citizens who, up until recently were on the right side of the law, owning a 9mm Glock pistol which holds 17 rounds?

What do YOU think should be done with these people?

Now then, you are going to be tempted to say something like "whatever the law says should be done with them" or some other such nonsense cop out answer.

What I am asking from YOU is for YOU to answer me as to what YOU want done with these people.

Care to answer?
edit on 18-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I agree with the law... i am a force behind making these laws because i am a rational person who has the best intentions for everyone at heart.

Me agreeing with what laws are being passed isnt a cop out..... its an honest admission that i agree.

To answer your question i would suggest fines... just like if you were out hunting an a fish and game officer walks up to you and asks you to reveal how many rounds you have in your shotgun. If you are in violation you are fined.

Futher lack of compliance will result in your carry permit/hunting license being taken away. Potential permenantly.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

That is all well and good but that is NOT what is going to happen to people who are found to be in posession of an illegal firearm.

It will be a class A felony punishable by imprisonment.

Now then, tell me if that is what YOU want.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Can I put one of those "forget the dog, beware of the gun" signs on the house even if I don't have a gun or a dog?

How about a fake Protected by ADT Security Sign?

I think it's all a legal. The idea is to try not to get broken into.

Where I lived before this people couldn't keep guns in their house. Thieves drugged the dogs that were guarding the guns. If you bragged about your home having guns you may as well say you have a big safe too. That's a reason to hit it. You say you'll use your guns but you won't even be home when they come. You can't stay home 24-7.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I do not think it should be a felony at this moment.

But when one side is being unresonable saying they will murder anyone that trys to limit how many rounds they can chamber...

It does make me wonder if maybe they do need jail time. I can say that i am slowly being convinced.....

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I do not think it should be a felony at this moment.

But when one side is being unresonable saying they will murder anyone that trys to limit how many rounds they can chamber...

It does make me wonder if maybe they do need jail time. I can say that i am slowly being convinced.....

Take back control of your mind.

One side is NOT saying ANYTHING!!!

Some douche bag A-hole spouted off at the mouth and probably needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. Don't punish ME because of that tool.

Do YOU want to see people who refuse to comply with this new law in NY go to PRISON?!?!?

Yes?
NO?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I want him to answer my question. Why was it wrong for these people to ask the reporters to put signs on their lawns?

These reporters that published names and addresses of gun owning and non gun owning citizens. You know, among the published names and addresses there were abuse victims that were relocated for their safety? They put a sign on the lawn of every person on that list with out their permission. So how was this harassment to ask them to do the same?
edit on 19-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

No not in this decade, but maybe they are planning for the next... for the next era of weapons.

Someday jail will be the punishment for every broken law that cant be simply fines.

Jail isnt what i want it to be currently and if i had my way as you suggest then i would change its structure and meaning. For now we have a hard time finding out whats wrong with those who willingly refuse to comply with democraticly elected law.

Some day confinement and therapy will be the same. So i guess MY vision of what prison will be shortly is a place fit for these people. A future like that isnt quite a reality yet but it soon will be.. maybe then jail time wont have the same negative connotations it has now.. and rehabilitation will be a reality.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Who asked me when they put my address in the phonebook?

I think im gonna go harrass the people that make the yellow pages.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So because they didn't put up a pointless sign they are hypocrites?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

No not in this decade, but maybe they are planning for the next... for the next era of weapons.

Someday jail will be the punishment for every broken law that cant be simply fines.

Jail isnt what i want it to be currently and if i had my way as you suggest then i would change its structure and meaning. For now we have a hard time finding out whats wrong with those who willingly refuse to comply with democraticly elected law.

Some day confinement and therapy will be the same. So i guess MY vision of what prison will be shortly is a place fit for these people. A future like that isnt quite a reality yet but it soon will be.. maybe then jail time wont have the same negative connotations it has now.. and rehabilitation will be a reality.

If we had what YOU describe then guns wouldn't be an issue in the first place.
The idea that EVERYTHING that challenges establised authority is potentially punishable by imprisonment is INSANE!!!!!

Example:

I get a ticket for drving a little too fast.
I am normally a law abiding employed tax paying citizen with a wife and 6 kids.
I REFUSE to pay the fine which is DIRECTLY challenging the imagined authority of the state.

They WILL NOT HESITATE to throw my ass in jail for a YEAR or until I give them the green paper with the numbers printed on it in the amount that they requested.

THis is INSANE!!!!!
In every level.

So then,
what we are facing is the FACT that there are plently of people who WILL NOT comply with this law and will therefore be???????

CRIMINALS!!!

And we all know what we do with criminals in the country with the highest percentage of its population in the corrections system IN THE WORLD don't we?
edit on 19-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join