It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algeria Attack May Have Link to Libya Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Algeria attack may have link to Libya camps

edition.cnn.com

The terrorists who attacked the In Amenas gas complex in eastern Algeria appear to have been of several nationalities, and may have trained in jihadist camps across the border in southern Libya, according to sources familiar with the situation there.

Algerian security sources told Reuters late Thursday that the militants whose bodies had been recovered from the complex so far included three Egyptians, two Tunisians, two Libyans, a Malian and a French citizen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So according to CNN it now appears that there is a possibility that those responsible for the attack on the Algerian BP facility may have come from Libya.

The article states that a U.S official has told CCN that the terrorists crossed in the Algiers form Libya only some 30 miles possibly form a Al-Qa’ida camp located inside Libya.

Raises some interesting new questions don’t you think?

I mean a French Citizen?

edition.cnn.com

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And if Gaddafi was still in power this wouldn't had happen how wonderful, another blow back.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The same is being said of the Islamists in Mali.

www.independent.co.uk...

Just goes to show that these modern wars aren't really solving much, hatred of the west is only spreading to other nations which before were otherwise stable.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Botched rescue attempt killed 32 hostages!
No wonder Obama & Hillary are keeping quiet. This is a mess.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
And if Gaddafi was still in power this wouldn't had happen how wonderful, another blow back.

Na probably would have, but he would have gotten the blame for allowing it, or maybe even accused of funding them!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So according to CNN it now appears that there is a possibility that those responsible for the attack on the Algerian BP facility may have come from Libya.

The article states that a U.S official has told CCN that the terrorists crossed in the Algiers form Libya only some 30 miles possibly form a Al-Qa’ida camp located inside Libya.

Raises some interesting new questions don’t you think?

I mean a French Citizen?

edition.cnn.com

Hi Other,

Actually when they say French citizen i think that they are probably talking about an Algerian with French nationality. France actually is the home to a very high number of Algerian immigrants that were granted French nationality after the first wave of immigration in 1962 and the second wave in-between 1980 to 1990, this is probably a 2nd or 3rd generation person from the original wave of immigration who has been indoctrinated over here by fundemental extremists.

Kindest regards

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hmm...

So what have we learned here?

1. Pay people decent wages to guard oil fields (duh?) while having no other job other than range time. The same could be said for our schools.

2. Islamic extremists brainwash people of all skin colors and nationalities (once again...duh?).

3. I still don't trust Islam.
edit on 18-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oil makes money so better protect it.
However it you know something about technology, oil energy can be done
away with and weapons can be disabled.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Oil makes money so better protect it.
However it you know something about technology, oil energy can be done
away with and weapons can be disabled.

Hmmm I am not so sure. Africa will be the next place for our energy needs. Why I hear you cry? Well the Sun of course. As we move away from oil we will look at other means of getting energy and that includes Solar Power. Who is to say that in say another 20 years time it was a solar plant that was under siege and not an oil plant! I dont think the fact that it was an oil plant that was siezed was relevant. It could have been anything really. Terrorists will spread terror and death wherever and whenever possible unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This doesn't really surprise me
just the excuse we need to go "help" the people in libya on their way to becoming a democracy. Aren't there some rare earth metals or minerals used in most modern technology that are mined in or around these parts?? immmmmm must do some digging

ETA: Coltan is what I was thinking of, it looks like it's mined in Australia and Canada. But also throughout Africa, and why would they tear up wonderful 1st world countries when they can go ravage these??Coltan
edit on 20-1-2013 by RN311 because: added link and stuff

new topics

top topics

join