It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling messages?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I do a lot of communicating via text message, because of my daily schedule. I can't be on the telephone chatting all day, and I don't have time to be browsing the internet. So, I fit the odd short text into my day, and keep abreast of the events and lives of my friends that way on a day-to-day basis.

Anyway, I have recently received a text message from 1969.

That's right 1969.

The message is blank, but it states it was sent at 23:59, on 31st December 1969. (Image below) I received the message a few days ago (12th January). I've added another photo showing when it was received and the messages that came in before and after it.

This isn't the first instance of a text message from decades ago. I've had at least a four others, all showing that they were sent in the 1960's.

There isn't a number to return a message to, to ask who it is sending these messages. They come at random. I have had them come in whilst I'm on holiday, in bed asleep, at work, etc.

Anyone got any ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If anyone can embed the images, I'd very much appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
thats cool! but.. there were no towers in 1969, how is the time traveller getting signal back then?

hell i cant even get reliable signal in my 21st century city!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
I do a lot of communicating via text message, because of my daily schedule. I can't be on the telephone chatting all day, and I don't have time to be browsing the internet. So, I fit the odd short text into my day, and keep abreast of the events and lives of my friends that way on a day-to-day basis.

Anyway, I have recently received a text message from 1969.

That's right 1969.

The message is blank, but it states it was sent at 23:59, on 31st December 1969. (Image below) I received the message a few days ago (12th January). I've added another photo showing when it was received and the messages that came in before and after it.

This isn't the first instance of a text message from decades ago. I've had at least a four others, all showing that they were sent in the 1960's.

There isn't a number to return a message to, to ask who it is sending these messages. They come at random. I have had them come in whilst I'm on holiday, in bed asleep, at work, etc.

Anyone got any ideas.

Very strange, but I'm sure there is a logical answer. First thing I would do is call my carrier, Verizon, AT&T or whoever you are with and tell them the situation, and ask them to explain it or at least its origin, they should be able to do this very quickly.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Interesting... Are you OL$? I says that it was sent from OL$ and that's the "name"at the top of bar above the said messages is why I am asking. Or is there a folder in your phone that separates by name? Computers are known to have done this stating email times for the exact date listed in your phone. I have been told it's a glitch in some operating systems.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sounds like very important messages, what do they say? Oh you said they were blank, thanks idiot time travalers how are we suppose to stop dem aliens now?

Joking

Sounds like a problem with the phone

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How could it show up like ol$, wouldn't you have to save the number like that, or else wouldn't it show as an actual number, unknown or blocked?
edit on 17-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Cell phone with a glitch.

I have a 10 month old Samsung Galaxy with a mind of its own.

I am going to shoot it with my .30-06 just like I did with my misbehaving LG phone.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

It's an old phone. I've been getting these messages about a year after I got the phone. When they first arrived I spoke to my service provider, and they couldn't give me any explanation, other than to suggest a software upgrade. I did this, and I still get the messages.

This message was sent from OL$. I am not OL$. The messages are stored as they come in under the name of the person that sent them to me. Which is why they might look a little odd, compared to some modern phones and how texts are displayed.

My phone has never let me down, and never done anything strange, other than getting these messages.

On one occasion, I did leave it near a speaker system, and it picked up the "buzz" from the phone as it was receiving the message, so I know it's coming in from the outside, and not something with the phone. This was about two years ago.

I'm at a loss myself.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Receiving them often is odd... People have sent emails to others showing that exact time and date when they had sent them... but I know that is an operating system glitch. Yeah I am not sure what this is. It's a little strange. Do you know an OL$ by chance or no?
edit on 17-1-2013 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can take photos with a digital camera today that have an old timestamp on them.

If your messages are posted on your phone with your phone's timestamp rather than a network service one then you are either hoaxer, have someone messing with your phone, have a problem with it's clock or the sender has similar.

Freaky though.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Since you asked so politely...

I'd like to contribute more to this, but posting the pics for you is all I got! I'm at a loss. I did a search for OL$ but nothing interesting came up.

Have you ever replied to these messages or tried phoning them? Also, are the day and month correct and just the year is wrong? Or is the whole date incorrect??

*Edit*

Actually, now that I think about it, I once got a txt from Jesus.. Really! The senders name was Jesus Christ! Same deal, there was no message. Just a blank screen.... That was a long time ago though...
edit on 17-1-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The best link I could find on this searching on the web. You are not the only one having this happen. It is stating by some users it is in fact a computer operating system glitch.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow time traveller and Jesus Christ. That's one cool phone!

Have you tried to reply?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Wow time traveller and Jesus Christ. That's one cool phone!

Have you tried to reply?

OP got the time traveler, I got Jesus! hehe

Oddly enough, I was rocking a Motorola at the time... My BB used to give me all kinds of weird hassles, so I ran it over with my car. Ever since I got my iphone, I've had no trouble!

That would be my advice OP, get an Iphone!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
UNIX timestamps are integers that count the number of seconds since midnight on 12-31-1969.

Someone, somewhere, wrote buggy code. The date is 'uninitialized', meaning it uses the default, empty value.

Sorry to disappoint.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I had forgotten about this till this thread but the Jesus reply made me remember I got a text message once that the name said God (NO S***) and it was blank, I put it off to someone being a prankster through some software program. I still think that is it. As for this it's been my theory that Darpa was working on this tech at least since 1969 (just wondering I know the computer tech internet etc was around that time at darpa) So maybe these texts were sent from similar tech without the towers then the messages didn't get through, but what if somehow the phones they were working on perfecting are still running somewhere in DARPA and they are being sent due to like how my phone does it will retry every so often until finally the text goes through (just a theory and probably farfetched but I had speculated this in another similar thread)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I just thought I'd take a look at what the time traveler would have been living.... A few days from December, 1969.

I'm not sure which is more likely of interest. The closing of Blue Book and 'Swamp Gas' becoming the official alien of legend for so many (and joke reference to this day), Britain getting rid of the Death Penalty... or Diana Ross last appearing with the Supremes. Hard to say which would matter more at the time. We'd have to know more about the traveler I think.

Seriously though, nice catch and share for a glitch or diagnostic leak/echo or whatever is generating that. That is kinda different to see and different enough to be worth seeing the thread for too!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skarr
UNIX timestamps are integers that count the number of seconds since midnight on 12-31-1969.

Someone, somewhere, wrote buggy code. The date is 'uninitialized', meaning it uses the default, empty value.

Sorry to disappoint.

Yes, bad date. The value used for the date was probably '-1'.

Unix time, or POSIX time, is a system for describing instances in time, defined as the number of seconds that have elapsed since midnight Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), 1 January 1970

edit on 1/17/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is also very disconcerting the USA did the nevada nuclear tests?

Another theory isn't it theorized that nuclear and radiation explosions that big may cause time rips? I think I read this on a thread here, didn't the US send soldiers straight into the radiation? maybe they were using regular radio telecommunications and the band of the cellphone was on the same wavelength/radio frequency as the old 1969 two ways used by the military. It'd be interesting to know if the OP is near Nevada? Also would explain the reason that it would be blank, because the frequency is the same but the person using the two way would be talking which the text sms would not be able to pick up. So like an echo from the past that occurs because of the nuclear radiation?

edit on 17-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: clarify

top topics

<<   2 >>

join