It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling messages?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Perhaps the messages were sent from ATS members that joined, but have never posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This isn't hard to check.

Put the Sim into a new phone and see if it still does it.

Otherwise, I'd say that it is most likely a war-dialer set to spam numbers and log replys.

The Phreaker/Cracker/Marketer will set a PC attached to a TX/RX unit(modified phone usually) and send messages to a list of phone numbers. Those that reply are people with credit on their phone and likely to have money.

They log those that reply for later scams/marketing/advertising.

Time, date and number can be spoofed (a little too easily) to conceal the dialer's identity.

edit on 17/1/2013 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I just thought I'd take a look at what the time traveler would have been living.... A few days from December, 1969.

I'm not sure which is more likely of interest. The closing of Blue Book and 'Swamp Gas' becoming the official alien of legend for so many (and joke reference to this day), Britain getting rid of the Death Penalty... or Diana Ross last appearing with the Supremes. Hard to say which would matter more at the time. We'd have to know more about the traveler I think.

Seriously though, nice catch and share for a glitch or diagnostic leak/echo or whatever is generating that. That is kinda different to see and different enough to be worth seeing the thread for too!

wow that was a busy time for nukes!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have nothing to add to your thread but i wanted to say its very bizarre sure makes one wonder whats going on...But i have to agree with some of the other posters its probably just a glitch but its still interesting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm not sure how much that would have to do with this... I was kinda being sarcastic.... err..

The U.S. and Soviets detonated an enormous number though and many above ground too. I've always thought that the most likely cause/effect to explain why UFO's suddenly made a big, semi-public and unmistakable arrival (To look at reports) almost immediately following the first atomic detonations on Earth ...in recorded history, anyway.

Probably a bit OT to what I think is a neat glitch though with the SMS.

edit on 17-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I just thought I'd take a look at what the time traveler would have been living.... A few days from December, 1969.

I'm not sure which is more likely of interest. The closing of Blue Book and 'Swamp Gas' becoming the official alien of legend for so many (and joke reference to this day), Britain getting rid of the Death Penalty... or Diana Ross last appearing with the Supremes. Hard to say which would matter more at the time. We'd have to know more about the traveler I think.

Seriously though, nice catch and share for a glitch or diagnostic leak/echo or whatever is generating that. That is kinda different to see and different enough to be worth seeing the thread for too!

Ah...beat me to it.

On a side note, once got a phone call from 865-867-5309...Had a great deal of laughter from everyone, including myself...The strangest thing I've received is a text from the "+"...lol, apparently addition wanted to have a word with me.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

It looks like you are not the only one receiving text messages from 1969. There are quite a few people out there with the same glitch on their phone.

Link

Link

It's actually a bit of computer trivia. The date that most computer clocks are set to is the beginning of the "VAX-Epoch" which was the first millisecond of Jan 1, 1970, which is stored as the number "1". And it is ticked off in a computer's clock in milleseconds from that time. For instance, as of me typing this sentence, it's been 1234918291 milliseconds since midnight, 12/31/1969. So.. basically your iPod is displaying the number "0" for the date.

edit on 17-1-2013 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am presuming that you are not in the US, due to the way that the date is set out on the display, otherwise the display would read 12/31/69, rather than 31/12/ 69, as here in the UK.....

As for the reason of where or why these messages came about, I do not know, but it seems as though somebody was texting you to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR going by the date on the display.....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
thats cool! but.. there were no towers in 1969, how is the time traveller getting signal back then?

hell i cant even get reliable signal in my 21st century city!

I am always amazed by people who always keep referring to there being no towers available at such times before towers were needed in order to be able to send messages by mobile/cell phones.....

If there are such things as time travellers, do you really think that they would need towers in order to send messages? If such technology has been developed in order to transport people back in time, do you really think that towers would be a necessity?

If people can time travel I am sure that they have developed a much better way of communicating in a far better sophisticated way that does not need towers of any nature....

I just wish people would try and think outside the box a little bit more....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

No, you can set your date to be displayed either way, in the military in the USA it's also displayed 31/12/2012 for example.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gltichy

I know theres a place here that is 813 867 5309 probably one of the most worldly known and most requested numbers out there. a lot of businesses got that number. So that's it. Jenny Jenny wasn't calling you/

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by davethebear

No, you can set your date to be displayed either way, in the military in the USA it's also displayed 31/12/2012 for example.

Oh okay, I didn't know that, I stand corrected.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join