It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new article about the supposed ET fossil diatom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hello there ATSers. A page on Facebook shared this article on the ET fossil diatom not being real. I'd like to get all your opinions on the article.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I said it in the other thread, even if it is real, it's most likely the result of an asteroid hitting the Earth millions of years ago and launching a tiny piece of earth into space that had diatoms on it. and it finally made it's way back, because it didn't have the velocity to leave the solar system.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I said it in the other thread, even if it is real, it's most likely the result of an asteroid hitting the Earth millions of years ago and launching a tiny piece of earth into space that had diatoms on it. and it finally made it's way back, because it didn't have the velocity to leave the solar system.

According to the article(not saying it's true or not), the diatom is real. Just the origin seems to be from Earth. The author also claims that the "meteorite" isn't one at all. I don't know what all meteorites look like after hitting Earth, so I can't comment on that.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If I was you,I would give this thread Extraterrestrial (microbial) life found in meteorite an update and link your thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
Hello there ATSers. A page on Facebook shared this article on the ET fossil diatom not being real. I'd like to get all your opinions on the article.

www.slate.com...

Thanks very much for the latest update. As a number of said, I being one, we needed to question the credibility of The Journal of Cosmotology.

KDOG Makes a good suggestion: posted on 17-1-2013 @ 07:16 PM this post

If I was you,I would give this thread Extraterrestrial (microbial) life found in meteorite an update and link your thread.

Peace!! ID

edit on 17-1-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Please continue in the Existing Thread.

top topics

join