It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 children killed as African Union peacekeepers mistakenly open fire on school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Source: rt.com...

Five children and two adults were killed when African Union (AU) troops mistakenly shot into a religious school while pursuing militants, according to media reports.

­All five of the children killed were under five years of age, Somali legislator Dahir Amin Jesow told the AP.

The attack took place in a village about 120 kilometers west of Somali capital Mogadishu early morning Tuesday, when many students of Islamic schools in Somalia attend class.

According to witnesses there was no gun battle going on and that the AU "opened fire indiscriminately on our homes" So what is going on here? Were these solders not aware of the fact that the building they were shooting into was a school? or because it was an Islamic school and they were chasing suspected members of al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda-linked group of Islamist militants it didn't matter? Was it carelessness or disregard?

Major General Salvatore Harushimana, AMISOM’s(African Union Mission in Somalia) acting force commander is "looking into this tragic event".

edit on 17-1-2013 by Agarta because: Added Link

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am not trying to deride the direction of this thread, but words are small magic spells. Words like "peacekeepers", "defense" and "terrorists" are words used to guide the masses....

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358

For sure, no argument there.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The blue helmets strike again! At least they didn't add insult to injury by raping the survivors or looting the school. Enough of that happening in Africa under the blue helmet of the UN Trooper as well.

Those pretty blue helmets probably make nice targets against almost any background you could imagine seeing them in though. It's nice of them to paint all their vehicles a bright white too. You can't miss 'em. Literally. So when are we gonna have a squad or two coming to a street near us? I can hardly wait.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yes. The government propaganda machine is running all out right now. They are using all of their sources media, Internet, newspapers to push their dark "magic" right now. I see this as indicator of something bigger coming soon...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer112358
reply to post by Agarta

Yes. The government propaganda machine is running all out right now. They are using all of their sources media, Internet, newspapers to push their dark "magic" right now. I see this as indicator of something bigger coming soon...

You think? I have seen it coming for years, where the hell have you been hiding lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I know that I am stating the obvious to many here, but look around you, how many around you understand this? Or even care?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer112358
reply to post by DarknStormy

I know that I am stating the obvious to many here, but look around you, how many around you understand this? Or even care?

Don't get me wrong, I understand what your saying. But you need to worry about you and your family especially in a SHTF scenario. Be prepared for what you will face, your community, they are the most important and in a worst case scenario, you can communicate with them, not someone 400km away who doesn't understand what the hell just happened.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another example of the "highly trained" "only ones" in action.

I feel so much better knowing they are out there.

top topics

join