It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Privacy is History with Obama's 23 Executive Actions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

They have the ability to discuss you with the GOV but you will not be privy to those documents to save the medical institutions, Drs and private practitioners.

Doctors will soon be required to take the "Hypocritic Oath" and they will be forgiven from following the old one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There is no proof that they will ban ANYTHING from ANYONE at this point. It is all speculation.

Anxiety and depression are both involved in an overwhelming amount of these mas shootings, as well as murder-suicides. It stands to reason, then, that they will more than likely be something that doctors will ask about.

Action number 16: “Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.”

Does it specify which patients doctors will be asking? Nope. Heck, it doesnt even specify 'mental health'.

And, if you want to talk about ignorance, start at home. By "every day mental health issues" i was obviously speaking of common, functional mental health issues. I work with children with everything from anxiety to autism-dont lecture me on the seriousness of them.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this subject as well as the very recent new "Search" features unfurled on Facebook:

abcnews.go.com...

I am feeling like the scenarios in "1984" HAVE arrived: it will only be a matter of time before money or other "perks" will be offered to those "solid citizens" who "turn in" their neighbors and or people THEY feel are a "threat to society..."Any of us who are unique individuals or who color outside the lines when it comes to hobbies or abilities will be "suspect" by the sheep among us! They will search and spy and become "upstanding" in their quest to take a higher moral ground that will be clearly defined by these thugs in office.

Personal information be it real, created, or destroyed will be a valuable commodity in their plans.

It's just ironic to me that all of a sudden, "privacy settings" of many types and in many places are freshly-defined as "progressive thinking" (I feel it's cyber-stalking at it's finest,LOL!)

The fact that sensitive personal history could be shared via the medical community/insurance companies (and yes,I firmly believe much of this relates to the insanity that will be "Obamacare") at random and potentially could be used against a "patient" and not in the name of "medical care" by private individuals is truly scary to me.

Please...many doctors already already get "kickbacks" from drug companies and the government...what a can of worms this would open!!! Corruption simply breeding MORE of the same..ie,."What's it worth to you for me clean up your medical history of antidepressants, painkillers,etc?"

I am suddenly being FORCED to think and consider my options and actions tyically even small ones like a bloody paranoid idiot because of this "new reality?" I realize privacy no longer exists but I'll be dammed if some moron will be lurking over my shoulder at a GYN appointment trying to "assess my mental state" and believe they hold the fate of my future as an individual with free will in the stroke of their pen on a chart!!!

I truly hope some genuinely caring medical pros will set up a new style of system for care OUTSIDE of these insane parameters...I predict they will

This is all escalating very quickly...there is an underlying reason and it's bigger than gun control.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join