It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gun debate: Obama unveils gun control proposals

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm sorry but you're alone in reading Democrat or Republican into this now. I am referring to Legislative and Executive. This goes beyond party and then some. I wrote a thread on that this evening, in fact, so I'm not going to restate the whole thing here. However, the Congress is a split one right now with Republican and Democrat each holding a side of the legislative Branch.

If that doesn't make this above and beyond the parties when Congress as a whole seems happy to yell but do essentially nothing more? I'm not sure what ever could or can make the parties irrelevant for some. It started in 2001 for this immediate rush to power grab and centralize everything to one core....and change of power back and forth has happened several times for colors between both White House and the two houses of Congress.

This is NOT about party. Not after today. It's about separation and definition of power at the federal and down to state levels.

So you are trying to tell everyone that democrats and republicans do not have a monopoly everywhere?

What does everywhere mean? State, Federal, County, Town!

If the majority keep to the script, then what does that mean? You just said some yell, but overall nothing gets done. Why do you think this is happening?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
It's a major power grab, and like Seabag, I told you so.

Let's start the Impeachment proceedings now and just get on with it.

Impeachment for what?

Just cause you feel like it?

Impeach for Fast and Furious. In case you don't already know, fast and furious was where ATF agents under orders from the justice department let guns walk into the hands of the zeta drug cartel. apparently it was by design to get the cooperation of the Zeta cartel. Those guns have been traced to numerous crimes including the death of a border patrol agent. These gun sales were illegal.

Now illegal sale of firearms is already a felony, right?

We can go even further, Now follow me here, in some states, when you commit a felony and some one dies because of it, thats called felony capital murder and that sir is a high crime. If they want an impeachment, its right there

Obama the gun runner talking about gun control, what hypocrisy. Its as bad as Regan/bush the coc aine runners crying "just say no."

Its ridiculous. its criminal. and yes its impeachable.

and then there is the killing children with drones. And this guy is a nobel peace prize winner!!!???!!!

IMO I think there is special amusement park being built in the hot place for this guy. God burns child killers. And to think that I thought after his first election that he would clean things up but instead he just surrounded himself with guys from goldman sacs and just made things worse. If only the gop had run a real candidate instead of that loser romney. That presidential race was like a two headed coin for the banksters. But I digress.
edit on 16-1-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

more thoughts on a few EAs

read #3 again, only slower.
** have Holder (F&F) make sure the 'dangerous' ones (missed recruits) are NOT falling through the cracks ... ie. we need all we can get.
[F&F participants prohibited to own firearms, check]

#4 ... after you get burned jumping through flaming hoops, we can have our "doctors" declare you too traumatized to ever get a gun again.

#5 ... yeah sure, let's throw MORE money to media & advertisers ... that's the right plan
how much propaganda should we endure ?

#8 ... since when is "gun violence" a disease ??
CDC studies diseases, not "violence" or causes of it or they would have shut down the pharm industry long ago.

ok, i gotta stop ... this is just tooooo freakin much double speak from start to finish.
there is nothing more subversive than these 9 words ... i'm with the government and i'm here to help

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

because the decision makers (at all levels) take their orders from the CFR and Tri-Lats and have been for decades. this is nothing new.

it is as simple as the flip of a coin.
regardless which side lands face up - it is still the SAME coin.
[(heads or tails), in this case - Dem/Rep - doesn't really matter]

the coin doesn't change, unless you take it away and replace it.
need a source ? www.hiddenmysteries.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Utterly weak and ineffective nonsense! Start closing down gun shops! Ban internet sales!!! Regulate ammo purchases. Geeze so much that could be done and this list isn't even a good start!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by seabag

Well enjoy your Kool Aid and your neutered, dependent, helpless, cradle to grave, government controlled lifestyle that Obama intends to create for all of us.

You folks are proud of yourselves, aren't you? You should be ashamed!
Im not Ashamed, Im Actually a little ticked he didnt go Far Enough.
But the Precedent is there, so He can add more later I can Hope.
Have a Nice Day Bud.

Gloating about the demise of your rights!

I would expect nothing less from the Obama crowd!

I bet he will be singing a different tune when they take the right to free speech away....If we allow the current government to continue along the current path IT WILL HAPPEN.

As the wise bunny above said, "things are a' changin"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I thought I was fairly straight forward on the general point here...but where I really think there were two distinct parties with seriously opposed ideologies, it would seem just about impossible to ignore the fact that's not the case anymore and probably hasn't been for at least the decade or more. I think the parties were quite different in Carter's and on into Reagan's time but then passing into Clinton and absolutely across Bush into Obama I think it's simply morphed to be one big corrupt snake and the power consolidating at the Executive level has grown at an exponential rate.

Obama may well be the problem in Office as the guy pulling the strings right now ..but he's the last in a line making this all come about and couldn't take these steps without a chain before him...and as noted elsewhere, won't be the last one to be there with the powers being established now. None of this goes to good places for anyone. Dem, Repub... We're all the same American bunch if the Gov't goes postal on us.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
lol...

None of the orders are anything bad or overreaching of power. But gun nuts will whine for whatever reason.
edit on 16-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

actually, it's both ... bad and over-reaching.
any chance you'd care to explain why you believe differently or is this just another fly-by posting from you ?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetChild
Utterly weak and ineffective nonsense! Start closing down gun shops! Ban internet sales!!! Regulate ammo purchases. Geeze so much that could be done and this list isn't even a good start!

And this is why you're not in a position of power. Doing out in the open stuff like that would anger far to many people, and could be disastrous. Whether or not those in power are right in what they do, you have to commend them for trying to cause as little public outcry as possible. Doing the things you suggest would definitely be the wrong move for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Nothing on that list bothers me. There's nothing more to explain.

If they bother you, I don't really care. I'm not a right wing extremist. That's your guys' problem..*shrug*

With these new executive proposals maybe you all will get the mental health help you need.

edit on 17-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Congrats, you used "Imperial"...the new Right Wing buzzword.

Beware ATS...."Imperial" is coming.

And for real, the Heritage Foundation???

Yes I did. And I have caught people here using UN Agenda 21 buzzwords.
What's wrong with Heritage ? Oh yes, it's not left wing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

For instance Glocks are used by the military, does this mean a ban on hand guns something i do think would be a push too far

I will admit that I think something needs to be done about gun regulation but these changes don’t have me convinced.

Why not ban all handguns? With 10000 murders due to guns every year 8800 are handguns 800 are shotguns and less than 400 are rifles. Out of that 400 rifles that is not just ARs but all rifles, 22s, bolt action etc... I can't find numbers, but I would bet many are 22s.

So all this bull is over a few 100 due to ARs... Lower speed limits to 45 and you would save 100 times more people...

edit on 17-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

YAY!

Maybe he will be stopped now before engaging in a massacre.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

ah yes, the rantings of a yes-man minus any substance whatsoever.
carry on with your flyby self and please, concerning your personal attacks ... i'm rubber and you're glue

i stand firm on "bad and over-reaching".
it's a bummer to learn you stand for ... well, nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
as other members have posted, this is not just about gun control. it's a power grab that is one of the most blatant in your face moves to date. this man has been appointed by what i believe to be a faction in the government that are trying to take over control of this nation.
and if members of congress who are not party to this do not stand up. and file what ever motions that are needed to block his eo's and draw up articles of impeachment, this nation is lost.

others in this faction that are part of congress should be recalled by their respective districts if they stay on this treasonous path and don't change their views, of who they work for. we the people are still the one s who have the power, there are less than six hundred people who are elected and or appointed by elected representatives.
there are close to three hundred twelve million U.S. citizens, i think we could get rid of them if we wanted to.and in the way our founding fathers intend us to. and if not they left us another option that is open to us. they were very aware of what could and would happen if a few gained control.

i'm i the only one who sees the path that is being taken over the past twelve years, slowly but surely we are losing rights and having more and more government influence in our lives every day.more restrictive laws and more of our money taken from us. sad part is that most laws passed are written by lobbyist lawyers that represent the interests of those who would enslave us or try to take more money out of our pockets.

how soon we forget the lesson of the past, it has been less than a hundred years that we have seen the paths of two countries, that were scared by the actions of evil political parties who rose to power in a time span of 10 to 15 years. which resulted in the deaths and suffering of millions for years.

and if you don't think it could happen here and now, just stand back, do nothing and wait and see.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Notice the characteristically vague language that runs all through every bit of this. It's literally so vague it could mean almost anything. This is how Obama does pretty much everything. You'll never get a straight answer out of him about any of this. It's meant to be as nebulous and open to legal twisting and turning and slithering as humanly possible.

If you think Bush was slippery when he changed the definition of torture (for example) so he could get away with torture, this guy is about a hundred times slippier than Bush. And he has the fan club Bush never had (except for a short period after 9/11 when people were still too stunned to think).

If you've ever seen a nasty lawyer at work, really read this stuff and imagine what a bunch of lawyers and shrinks can do with this. It's mind boggling.
edit on 17-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
this is no good for the gun business

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Why not ban all handguns? With 10000 murders due to guns every year 8800 are handguns 800 are shotguns and less than 400 are rifles. Out of that 400 rifles that is not just ARs but all rifles, 22s, bolt action etc... I can't find numbers, but I would bet many are 22s.

So all this bull is over a few 100 due to ARs... Lower speed limits to 45 and you would save 100 times more people...

Indeed. And I want to know in these enlightened times when we don't need the means to defend ourselves anymore, why can civilians still buy cars that can go twice the posted speed limit just about anywhere in the country (or more)?

I had an aunt I never met because she was killed by a speeding drunk driver when she was 17.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
**ALERT** It is important that all of you read this thread to fully understand the implications.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is NOT ABOUT GUN CONTROL - it is more than that

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join