It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Shop Owner Banning Obama Supporters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by DaveWheelerWODZ

"The sign on the door reads ‘If you voted for President Obama or Governor Cuomo, you are not welcome in this store. Your actions have had a negative impact on the country and this business.’"

Sounds like a childish thing to do , the customer is always right even if they voted for the opposition plus he's having a negative effect on his own business by excluding certain customers .

I'd take his license to sell firearms away as to me he sounds unstable

Which is probably exactly what will happen in the end. It has been my experience, that when people commit to foolish proclamations such as this one, they usually tend to bring about the opposite of their intended results. Instead of this business owner denying people to do business in his store, it will probably end up that he is denied doing business in Obama supporting states.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Remove you from the store and have you trespassed.

Yeah, you really got him alright.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

You can ask me to leave all you want, but I don't have to unless I'm breaking a law.

Which you are the moment I ask you to leave. It becomes trespassing. Didnt I just say that?

As a previous shop owner let me tell you exactly what happens.

I say "I'm going to have ask you to leave."

You, for whatever reason, do not leave.

I say "I've asked you to leave. I'm calling the police."

You, for whatever reason do not leave.

Police arrive.

They ask me who it is that's giving me a problem. I say "that guy over there."

They ask me if I have asked you to leave.

I answer "twice now."

They walk over to you, have a chat and depending on how that chat goes they drive away with or without you in the backseat but you definitely leave.

link   
How very un-American of him.

Seems like pro-gun advocates love the Constitution until people with opposite beliefs use it to elect people that support their own views.

It's hypocrisy, plain and simple.

link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by DaTroof

He can't.

I'm not breaking any laws by entering his store. Discriminating against a group of people is, however, reportable to the BBB, and can cost him his license.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by DaTroof

You do realize that a store is not public property, right? He can just have you arrested for trespassing if you don't leave. Grow Up.

You know the police wouldn't show up just for that. I would have to actually be breaking a law. It's not trespassing to walk into a store.

When yo are asked to leave, and refuse. Yes, yes it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

You do realize that a store is not public property, right? He can just have you arrested for trespassing if you don't leave. Grow Up.

You know the police wouldn't show up just for that. I would have to actually be breaking a law. It's not trespassing to walk into a store.

When yo are asked to leave, and refuse. Yes, yes it is.

Why am I being asked to leave?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

He can't.

I'm not breaking any laws by entering his store. Discriminating against a group of people is, however, reportable to the BBB, and can cost him his license.

You really are clueless. Maybe go back to your playstation???

The store is private property.
When you are asked to leave, and refuse, you, in most states can be forcibly removed and in all are arrested for trespassing.

A store has the right to refuse service.

And the BBB does not control business licenses.

Please, get a clue before you spout any more BS nonsense.

edit on 16-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Doesn't matter.

Being another business owner, and former LEO, just like in a home, if you are asked to leave, you must leave.
If you don't, you are arrested.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Why am I being asked to leave?

It doesnt matter why you have been asked to leave. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I ask you to leave and you dont you're trespassing.

I can ask you to leave if I dont like your haircut.

At which point your more than welcome to start picketing and protesting my bigotry against mullets but the fact remains if I ask you to leave and you do not you are trespassing. Period.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually, on private property in MY state anyway...I can ask you to leave and am required to at least try that way once ..if no confrontation exists yet. If you refuse, I can then apply force, as necessary, to assist your departure from MY PRIVATE PROPERTY. If you resist or fight back? Well..it depends on how hard you fight, frankly. "Reasonable belief of great bodily harm or injury" is the legal standard to shoot you as an immediate threat to myself or my customers.

I wouldn't push that too hard in these days for testing. Some people don't know the law as well and don't know quite where that line IS precisely. They may figure you crossed it well before you really did. It'll be a consolation prize to your surviving family anyway.

Look, talk of fighting people or resisting the order to LEAVE private property is petty and foolish. There is NO legal basis on your side for it. NONE. There is 100% legal support to the one ejecting you..bodily if necessary...from their shop. The fact anyone in this nation wouldn't know that makes me wonder.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWheelerWODZ
I wouldn't waste the 3 dollars for that shirt!

I would. 3 dollars is meaningless to me. Sucks to be you if 3 dollars can bust your budget.

$3 is meaningless to me as well but I'd rather give the $3 to a homeless person on the street than waste it on an Obama shirt.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You really have absolutely no clue about actual laws, do you? Please go try out your theory that you can't be removed from a private business.

Then after that, go whine to the BBB and see if that gets you the results you believe it will.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

A gun shop in Norwich, New York, isn’t a fan of President Obama and he’s not afraid to show it. Two signs have been posted at the shop, one of the door, one of the sidewalk, criticizing anyone who voted for Obama or Governor Cuomo.

"The sign on the door reads ‘If you voted for President Obama or Governor Cuomo, you are not welcome in this store. Your actions have had a negative impact on the country and this business.’"

Do you think that this shop is taking the new gun laws a little to far?

Check out the full story and full scoop from WFRG:

bigfrog104.com...

Freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I would. 3 dollars is meaningless to me. Sucks to be you if 3 dollars can bust your budget.

Would you spend 3 bucks on a few squares of toilet paper?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon the gun stores, and the gun manufactures are making record profits. this is the best thing that could of happened for their businesses

This is true, I went in the gun shop last week and there was only one parking space open and the store was absolutely packed with customers.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

reply to post by DaTroof

It is the moment you are asked to leave. I've had plenty of nuts and vagrants hauled off by the cops because they didnt leave when I asked them to.

You can go stand outside on the sidewalk if you want but you cant block the door and you cant stay inside.
edit on 16-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

You can ask me to leave all you want, but I don't have to unless I'm breaking a law.

That's absolutely false. The second a store owner tells you to leave and you refuse you're trespassing and will be charged and arrested for such. Stores are private property.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yes, it sucks to be poor. But even if I had three bucks to spare, I would rather give it to a charity than to spend it on a shirt that glorifies clueless, millionaire politicians.

I can see this man's business increasing because of his courageous stand. I think the election was rigged anyway as I knew from the start that there was no way Romney was going to beat Obama and I cannot figure out why the Republicants thought he could.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Seems like pro-gun advocates love the Constitution until people with opposite beliefs use it to elect people that support their own views.

It doesn't get any more "American" than a person exercising their freedom of speech and right to protest.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

No! It is just good business not to support folks who try to ruin your business. I am still trying to figure out why anyone who supports a gun grab would even buy a gun in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join