It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Asks CIA Nominee When Drones Can Kill Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I follow wired on twitter, and I would have told him; NEVER!
Then proceeded to explain why I as DCI, would rather use them on those ordering such.

In addition to, that a simple SAD team doing a parakeet op would suffice.

If this is the direction our government thinks it is going in, then its going the wrong way on a one way street...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This makes me think of the drone attack from Bourne Legacy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yet we are conspiracy theorists?

This is all becoming surreal. Cooper last night was all but saying "asking questions" - I guess the wrong kinds of questions is dangerous and people should lose their right to keep and bear arms and be sent to a mental institution. How long before they just skip the mental institution and kill you for not agreeing with them?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am amazed by the number of people who are ignoring the guys responce to the question.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am amazed by the number of people who are ignoring the guys responce to the question.....

I'm amazed that people don't realize that the questions are questions that WILL be asked, and haven't even been answered yet. People seem to be filling in the answers on their own, and hearing whatever they want to hear.

So I'm very curious as to what response you read....because there aren't any responses to the questions in those links at all.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No..no they didn't sorry go research that a bit more. It was wrong and secretive how they did it but they weren't citizens anymore. One of them actually received a letter from embassy.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
I won't believe it until the first American is actually killed by drone.As for Pakistan,afghan the terrorists hide among the population as their human shields.

Talk about a moot point
The population IS the Terrorists!
These are people who are being oppressed by the USA.......or dont you get it?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Also OP, the list of what could potentially make one a terrorist you have provided in one of your posts is just nonsense it is conspiracy theorist hyperbole not the United States definition of “terrorism”.

Before i begin, I have to honestly ask, Do you forget that you are typing on a CONSPIRACY THEORY WEBSITE? (caps only for emphasis)

Also, The MIAC report and Homeland Security's OWN report prove that opinion to be just that, your own opinion.

Reality says Hi.

Swear that half these people who post on this site lately seem to ignore the facts when building their opinion or really just like to sound smart but really aren't.

We have a government that has been ignoring us since the 60s, killed a Sitting President, admitted that the incident that put ground troops in Vietnam was a lie, Killed an entire complex full of people in Waco (including their own officers to justify their force), and kills civilians in foreign countries like its going out of style

And you wonder why we want to keep our guns.

Would you give up your house insurance if you saw a hurricane coming your way? You know things are still going to get broken and you can't stop the hurricane by yourself, but you aren't just going to let everything happen anyways.

Bad comparison i know but it gets the point across.

On Topic tho, I really would like to just take comfort in the guys reasonable response but the fact that drones are being contemplated for use on americans is just cowardly. But it's going to happen tho. As i posted before, I've been seeing them all around Oklahoma.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Lynexon because: grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I look forward to the first reported accidental targeting. "Oh, we killed your entire family reunion? Sorry, we'll do better next time. We were sure you were thought terrorists. Move along now, and rest assured we protect the homeland."

I can't believe that so many Americans see the train coming and are frozen by fear. Get off the tracks or derail the train.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

There's a big difference between bombing americans here in the US, versus bombing americans who leave the country and join a terrorist organization that wants to destroy the US.

And AFAIK, the former has never happened, and they don't have the authority to do that. I've never seen anyone official say they have that power....just a ton of CTs saying it.
The proposed use of drones in the US has been said to be for surveillance purposes only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, with sources.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Terrorist organization? Please link it to me. How do you know he was in a terrorist organization? Because your TV told you so? I'm not trying to be an ass, but they could have easily framed this guy.

First, look at NDAA, you can be arrested under suspection. That's it! No evidence at all, just suspection! So tell me, do you think the CIA needs evidence to kill Americans?

Of course they don't. They can do whatever they want.

And 2nd, would our intelligence on Anwar al-Awlaki and his son be credible? Hows our intelligence program going on in Iraq and Afghanistan? Well, not the greatest, over hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians were killed in the past 10 years. And that's not even including the 500,000 that were killed in Iraq in the 90's under sanctions.

This country is turning into 1984 right in front of us and people care more about reality TV shows. Boy, are those people going to get a wake up call my god.

Well anyway, 30,000 drones over us skies by 2015, NDAA, NDRP, and the extension of the patriot act.

These bills are here to protect us from the huge domestic terrorist threat in the US. Man these domestic terrorists are everywhere! We need 30,000 armed drones to patrol the skies for these suckers!

Sadly I think the Orwellian nightmare is coming down on us within a few years. Hopefully not, but our civil liberties are getting pillaged while this young empire continues to grow more violent and Authoritarian. Seriously, history repeats itself, and if nothing happens then this is all a bad dream. I really do hope this is a bad dream. Because if it isn't history is yet going to repeat itself, over and over again until we learn from our mistakes like a 5 year old child lacking a consciousnesses.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
it seems to me in the game of murder anything can be done whether it be from drone, to poison, and everything in between.

That would make sense why US Army helicopters, were flying at treetop levels over the family farm (~ 200 AGL), were spraying a conical mist pattern from the rear of the helo.

Just another "zombie" exercise?

edit on 16-1-2013 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Oh I'm sure the list of names - the Americans who'll be killed - has already been written in stone with spaces left to fill. Now they're just fine tuning how they're going to do it.

Can you imagine we’ll not even be allowed to see our killers now? I know that sounds trivial when we’re talking about being taken out by drone - but not even knowing when it’s coming, who's doing it and the why? How it can even be allowed and condoned in the first place?

I've also no doubt they'll make sure after a Citizen is done-in-by-drone there'll be more than enough information found around their home, on their computer, in their emails proving they are in deed and in death terrorist...

And if you think this doesn't pertain to you? How about taking a look at WHO in the USA is a terrorist?

You Could be a Terrorist If...

01. You believe in the Constitution.
02. You believe in the "Rule of Law."
03. You believe in gold as real money.
04. You believe in silver as real money.
05. You believe in limited government.
06. You believe in a free market system.
07. You believe in abolishing the Federal Reserve System.
08. You believe in balanced budgets.
09. You believe in the right to possess property.
10. You believe the income tax is misapplied.
11. You believe in God.
12. You believe there is a 9/11 WTC conspiracy to suppress facts and evidence.
13. You believe in the Family Unit.
14. You believe welfare is unconstitutional.
15. You believe the financial markets are corrupt.
16. You believe the judiciary is corrupt.
17. You believe the body politic is corrupt.
18. You believe the Warren Commission findings were corrupted or covered up.
19. You believe the Educational System is failing. 20. You believe the U. S. Government is bankrupt.
21. You believe the "War On Terrorism" is a fraud perpetuated to enrich oil companies.
22. You believe the dollar is a fraud.
23. You believe that fractional banking is a swindle.
24. You believe that government officials possessed prior knowledge of '9/11'.
25. You believe that Social Security is bankrupt.

And more. I stopped at 25 - there’s over 50 descriptions at the link.

So yes - you could be caught in the cross hairs...

Right. Now.

peace
edit on 16-1-2013 by silo13 because: color

I might have missed this but where were these things listed by the government. I am not saying it is not true i just want to know the source

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
I should stay out of this as I know better but........I am Canadian but I have to say this.
I don't believe for one second that Obama nor Bush nor anyone else calls the shots in the USA.
As the thread title says (CIA) I think there is a Fox in the hen house and has been for years.

This post is my conjecture and thoughts only....
Interesting thread and a bit unnerving to say the least.

Regards, Iwinder

I agree, except for this. He is hired to do his job, and that means if there is a group of evil overlords behind, that is illegal, his job is to not obey them or follow bad orders, but to disclose all the stuff going on and to serve the people. Or quit.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
LOL, there's nothing the government can do to stop someone smarter than them, and if you don't know of them, your drones cant detect or kill them, nor anyone else

anyone they would ever kill in this country would be of no significance other than propaganda

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm not to familiar with how our government will use these drones but I can think of some good uses. I live 2 blocks from the city of Detroit. There is a crack dealer on every corner practically. Detroit is full of crime and it's almost a war zone. I think they should have 50 of these drones over the city.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What's frightening is that we know they have done it.
If we know they have done it to someone, there is a someone we don't know they've done it to.

Te scariest fine lines to concern ourselves with border lines.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

ohhh....i dont know...it seems the govt. is more threatening than terrorists lately.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm not justifying these things. I'm just stating the fact that it is indeed legal and constitutional.

Show me in the Constitution where the US government is allowed to kill without due process. Without a hearing in court. If you can find it - post it. Thanks!

peace

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The Federal Reserve Act (ch. 6, 38 Stat. 251, enacted December 23, 1913

date when we lost america.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join