It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

And off corporations. Make the US the world's greatest tax haven for business and commerce.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You know...the U.S. Military has developed many Ultra-High Tech. advancements in Clean Energy Generation and especially Solar.

It has been said that the U.S. Military has developed a Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactor which it may use on the new Ford Class Carriers in addition to the two new A1B Fission Reactors that will be installed in the Ford Class.

The reason they might also install the Fusion Reactor is for the use and power requirements of the Free Electron Laser Syatem which will be installed first of the Ford Class then on all Nimitz Class Carriers as well as all Aegis Cruisers.

Even this is not certain as the Military is reluctant for the knowledge that Fusion Reactors of low temp. have become reality. But if these Fusion Reactors could be made available for public energy generation...it could easily supply all of the U.S. energy needs cleanly.

I believe if I was President I would force them to release such tech.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Absolute Truth. Disclosure of all things. Venus Project and abundance for all. Land and homes/food for everyone. Really wonderful education, where everyone who was not busy with young preschool children and who was healthy would have a lot of part time volunteering programs to choose from, and they could move around lots, and be very creative. Bring out the tech and robotics, and ensure people have a lot of family time, and creative time.

Abundance for everyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'd push the agenda that kept my brains in my head. Instead of being blown all over the back of Lincoln on national TV in front of God and everybody. In a country where people believe that my brains could explode back in the same direction the bullet was supposed to be coming from according to a half assed gov.( Warren commission ) report.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well, you'd potentially lose a strategic advantage over an enemy state that didn't have the same tech.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Abundance for everyone.

I, for one, welcome our new widespread entertainment business.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'd push the agenda that kept my brains in my head. Instead of being blown all over the back of Lincoln on national TV in front of God and everybody. In a country where people believe that my brains could explode back in the same direction the bullet was supposed to be coming from according to a half assed gov.( Warren commission ) report.

/rant

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You know...it is a FACT that a large Corp. will simply move it's headquarters to an off shore Nation that does not charge taxes or very little rather than stay in a state with a high tax rate.

It is also a fact that Small Businesses provide over 80% of all Jobs in the United States yet neither political party has done ANYTHING to help them with either programs or tax breaks.

How is it possible that the largest employer by FAR in the U.S. is treated without reguard?

If we want to create jobs literally OVERNIGHT all that is needed is large tax breaks for Small Businesses. Plus the fact that the people who own Small Businesses are not a drain on the system in any way and are the cornerstone of the U.S. Economy.

My Family started with a Small Business that is now several large businesses. We all worked hard and knew what it takes to use very little resourses to create something that works. When I see how large Corps are run as well as their whole concept of Business it makes me sick.

They are only interested in the Quick Buck and have little to no reguard for either employees or customers. They put on a propaganda company planned policy face that by design baits the customer to buy from them by preditory pricing which will force every small business to go under as the Corp. will loose money to sell lower than anyone else for a year or two until they are all that remain.

THEN...when every other small business has gone under and these Super Stores are all that remain...they RAISE PRICES. But people baited by cheap lead items go in to save 3 dollars only to come out spending $200 on crap they don't need.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah...Theoretical Physics can be used to prove anything can do anything. LOL!

Kennedy's father stuffed balot boxes using the Mob. This is a fact. The Mob then was paid back with Bobby being agressive and tough on Organized Crime.

This did not go over well.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I was really in to that one huh ? You can totally see I just wanted to keep going ! That's to funny Typ..

Split

ennedy's father stuffed balot boxes using the Mob. This is a fact. The Mob then was paid back with Bobby being agressive and tough on Organized Crime.

Oh I believe a lot more than that went on for sure. If you're the POTUS and people still put a contract out on you ?
I'd say you definitely know how to make enemies.

edit on 16-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just off the top of my head, in a general sense:

1: I would first and foremost adopt an isolationist policy and recall 100% of deployed military personnel unless there was an exceptional reason to keep some of them away from home. All foreign based torture facilities would be immediately shut down as well.

1.1: Military spending would be at least halved.

1.2: All traitors, criminals, war criminals, corrupted servants of the people, etc, would be tried for treason. Punishment would vary, along I imagine it would get quite creative for some of the worst traitors.

2: The national debt would be reset. Yep, reset. If foreign banks do not accept the decision, the response would be "then come and try to collect...." The federal reserve would be dissolved immediately. All banks would be nationalized and the vast majority of debts forgiven, especially all debts associated with education or medical care. Corporations based in the US that have gone overseas reducing jobs in America yet still selling their products here, will be majorly taxed on all revenue.

3: Multiple agencies would be severely downsized.

4: The public education system would undergo a massive overhaul.

4.1: For profit educational institutions, such as colleges and universities would be nationalized. Knowledge is NOT just for those who are rich, or who are foolishly willing to go hundreds of thousands into debt on a gamble that theyll get a job in their chosen profession.

5: The prices of healthcare would be drastically reduced by some method, so that all would be able to benefit from the advances of technology and technique, NOT just the rich.

6: This would probably come right after #2: With the massive freed funds from no longer existing wars of conquest and occupation of foreign lands, a massive effort could then be supported to removed all illegal immigrants, who would be deported immediately, forcefully if necessary, from the country. The southern boarder would fortified in some fashion.

7: A flat consumption tax would be put in the stead of the income tax for REAL people.

8: All tyrannical laws/EOs/acts would be immediately repealed, such as Patriot act, NDAA 2012, etc.

9: America is crumbling. There is enough work and jobs to be done to put millions to work for years. Repairing/rebuilding the infrastructure of America would begin, ending the depression .

10: Finally, with everything very pressing complete or underway, I would reallocate the huge amount of surplus money from the lack of multiple ongoing wars of conquest into research and technology. The space program would be ignited in earnest, heavy R&D into sustainable sources of energy such as geothermal, solar, wind, and tidal, and drastically improving existing sources such as fission plants would be done, diseases and cancers that were not in the interest of big pharma to cure would see major research and development, and cured, etc.

11: Make damned sure that America becomes once again the envy of the world and that it goes above and beyond all prior standards.

---------

No clue on the specifics of HOW all that would all be accomplished, but thats kinda what my "agenda" would look like
Not a complete list, of course.

Id probably be shot very early on in my administration.
edit on 1/16/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm giving you a star & flag, because everyone wants to use this thread as a platform for their thoughts, but no one wants to star or flag you for starting the topic that will get everyone's egos on the soap boxes.

It's good to hear what the commoners think will help. Knowing only part of the issues going on, it's refreshing to see what people come up with.

The 1st President who says on camera.... "My 1st agenda, is establishing a War on Hunger & Poverty!"
...man or woman, who says that in that office, will gain my attention.... God bless Ron Paul for trying.

edit on 16-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think that it may be possible that Joe Kennedy did not tell his sons exactly what went on to get them Elected.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thats OK because I pay little attention to such things as Stars and Flags and I have NEVER given anyone a flag...EVER.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would set stopping the growing debt as my main priority. For a debt this size it could take 15 - 50 years to pay of and get the country back in the black, but first is to halt it growing expansion. If I could achieve this by the end of my term I would be very happy and it will restore a lot of faith into the US economy globally and show that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

To achieve this a lot of cutting back has to be made. I would reinstate whistle blower protections, this will help clean out some of the corruption and waste going on. I would also setup an office of the economic razor blade, a team that will go through all of the government accounts and cut off any fat, backed up by special ops, computer hackers and rubber gloves to cut through the crap and get to the point when faced with any run arounds.

Otherwise I would learn how to play the violin.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The U.S. debt is a major problem but if the Massive U.S. Economy could be stimulated by the influx of new tech and especially New Energy Generation Tech. then a rapid rate of growth fueled by Clean Energy Products and Autos and other methods of transport as well as a total change in how we heat our homes and light our homes.

This level of world changing tech. in U.S. hands would rapidy reduce our debt simply from the vast increase in Tax revenues.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You do raise a lot of complex issues. Firstly the auto and airline industry do have long history of government support, so trying to further expand technology and industry on the heavily debited public purse is raising some problems.

Then there are the copyright, patient and national security issues associated with some of this new technology. Unless there is some clear guidance and organization in how the next generation of energy demands is to be meet there will be a wild and haphazard distribution with many compatibility and technology issues. A lot of this new tech is also little understood increasing the risks and unknown dangers as a growing demand is placed into a new energy source. Also as more powerful energy sources are found, more powerful problems result when things can and do go wrong. Lets say all of these problems are solved, but in a multinational business environment why would some company pay $20 an hour for labor when they can get it for 50 cents? After all the hard part in new technology is building the first one, after that the rest are easy especially as automation technology grows which can bring the labor costs down even further. So where are the jobs and economic stimulation?

As business and technology becomes more powerful, efficient and capable, the demand for human labor will decrease, take farming as a classic example with increasing automation still ongoing. Sure there will be jobs in building and maintaining this technology, but only a few are skilled enough to do it. What happens to the rest? Do they get paid to watch tv adds, play computer games or take part in some social service? Will the need for money just fall away as machines end up doing all the work? To get to such a point responsibly all the debt does need to be paid off, then with our debt based structure of money it will just fade away.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I have found in my business experiences that if change is offered as a possible plan of action...that plan will NEVER be implemented.

Change of this radical nature must be a penetrating action...both swiftly and deeply.

The implement of such a plan is like pulling off a bandaid...it must be done quickly and all at once...especially if they forgot to shave the hair before putting on the adhesive. LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

@If you were the U.S. President what agenda would you push to make things better?

SplitInfinity, this is a serious question and would require a serious answer.

If 1 was in the position of the POTUS what would 1 do.. This may sound strange but:

1 - would request a meeting with those of a more Majestic type and ask is there any way new plans can go forth to advance other then existing plans?

2-wait for response

3-if ok to SHARE contact ALL Super Powers starting with China Russia all the way down to the smaller proxies GLOBALLY and inform them the OK to ADVANCE is upon... But there must be certain guidelines met first... not the ORIGINALs... These guidelines have with them this time disclosure. This process then will WAKE the WHOLE planet up hence connections all the way down to proxies to share DATA..

Share with the world in so much time we will be Visited but if your credentials Global credentials are not met in relation to health and education you WILL be held back from the next step until you obtain your education and updated health records (not for evol) for genetic eval. There may be some unknown data that if genetics fully compiled a benefit / cures health education assistance may come from the global data. After this the whole world would have say 3 years to get their education/health together high tech meds shared ect.. The Govs would assist them in getting health data and education which leads to potential advancing educated workforce-(poverty lost?) ALL educated showing EA*RTH potential other then the ruff edged side more so.

I said this would sound strange for you OP may not acknowledge a MAj12 type energy. But it seems if the real problems are to be fixed those waaay up must approve. Until all 1 can do is HOPE the POTUS has the peoples hearts and futures in mind and does his best with what he knows...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I am assuming you are referring to the energy sector with your call for sudden and forceful change. Such things in governance or economy generally do not end well. The idea of having my own portable cold fusion reactor capable of producing any of the elements hooked up to a 3D printer will result in quite an altered reality. Do you think human nature is responsible enough for such or similar technology?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join