It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another shooting... Hazard County Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That's right, if you can believe it. Another shooting has taken place.

I don't have any videos on it, because I JUST watched it live on Local 8.

It took place on a college campus, and two people were killed, with a third person injured and in the hospital.

The anchorman said "With all these tragic shootings happening all over the country... we can't help but feel... alert. Overwhelmed, and alert."

I wonder how the powers will react to this.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
That's right, if you can believe it. Another shooting has taken place.

I don't have any videos on it, because I JUST watched it live on Local 8.

It took place on a college campus, and two people were killed, with a third person injured and in the hospital.

The anchorman said "With all these tragic shootings happening all over the country... we can't help but feel... alert. Overwhelmed, and alert."

I wonder how the powers will react to this.

I like how people keep saying things like "all of these shootings"....when they reality is the shootings have always happened, they are just all being reported like they are national headlines.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
They just keep happening (or should I say the media reports non stop about a trending topic?) and all we do is keep our eyes glued to the tube while they replay these stories nonstop on every channel.

I don't see how we live in such a beautiful world and such an age that we result to such primitive acts. :/

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Wtf is it with school shootings?!

m.wdrb.com...

HAZARD, Ky. (WDRB/AP) -- State officials confirm one man and one woman were killed, and another woman was injured and is now hospitalized after a shooting at Hazard Community and Technical College.

We're told the suspected shooter is male.

According to the school's president, the shooting took place in the parking lot of the First Federal Center building, which is locate on campus.

He says the school's emergency plan worked.

Hazard City Police are investigating the matter, while Kentucky State Police are assisting.

Governor Steve Beshear's office is aware of the shooting and is monitoring the situation, Kerri Richardson, the Governor's spokeswoman told WDRB News' Bennett Haeberle.

Conor Duff, the college's evening coordinator, said the shootings happened about 4:30 p.m. at the campus 90 miles southeast of Lexington.

Duff said police then went through the school's two buildings to ensure no one else was at risk and said the school was put on lockdown.

Two people showed up at the Kentucky State Police post in Hazard and said they were involved in the shooting, police spokesman Tony Watts said, but he said he did not know whether they were alleged perpetrators or witnesses. State police held the two until Hazard police came and took them into custody, he said.

This is a developing story. Check back here and watch WDRB in the Morning for the latest information.

More links,
www.huntingtonnews.net...
m.gawker.com...

edit on 15-1-2013 by Swills because:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The other day a student at my school was robbed at gunpoint. Anywhere you go there is going to be a shooting somewhere. And that was at 2PM.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

From your link

Two people showed up at the Kentucky State Police post in Hazard and said they were involved in the shooting

Does that seem strange to anyone else, who strolls into a police station and says they are involved in a shooting seems "made up".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

I like how people keep saying things like "all of these shootings"....when they reality is the shootings have always happened, they are just all being reported like they are national headlines.

Exactly.
We have become all of a sudden hypersensitive to gun violence .
It's always been here,and it isn't going away.

spotcrime.com...

Pick and chose a spot anywhere,you'll see.
I hear of at least a shooting or two in my city almost everyday.
Mostly poor,under-educated and unemployed.
But that is a generalization much like what the media
portrays.
Much like what I hear everyday.
Alot of bar shootings lately in the wee hours of the morning.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Here is the problem. While it may affect you, it really doesn't affect me in my state. I know, that's cold but it is a fact.

Most people don't care until it actually affects their lives.

I see more MSM media PSYOP here. It fits their agenda.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by Swills

From your link

Two people showed up at the Kentucky State Police post in Hazard and said they were involved in the shooting

Does that seem strange to anyone else, who strolls into a police station and says they are involved in a shooting seems "made up".

Yeah, that made me think twice too.

top topics

join