It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someday we will be the Aliens visiting primitives on different planets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just think someday, we will be visiting planets with more primitive lifeforms and studying & watching them.

I was thinking if we came up with ideas on how we would behave & how we would go about it maybe we can get more ideas about what the ones watching us are doing.

Will we interfere with them or will we have some kind of prime directive like in the Startrek series etc?

[edit on 27-10-2004 by outsider]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
ya ive thought about this one myselft alot. in our current state i would feel sorry for the primitives we run across. we would exploit them quite heavily. i could see one of our astronauts setting himself up as a greek god if he crash landed on a planet like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
unless we sort ourselves out we will not be going anywhere! - god forbid we might land on another planet and declare war there to!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie
unless we sort ourselves out we will not be going anywhere! - god forbid we might land on another planet and declare war there to!

- "we are here to liberate you"

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Given the large variety of ET sighting reports, it seems to me that we must be really far behind a multitude of other intelligences in terms of development. It may mean we are one of the slowest or last groups in the universe to advance. Making our opportunities to observe a planet of creatures more primitive than us very rare or possibly not even something we could ever do.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Given the large variety of ET sighting reports, it seems to me that we must be really far behind a multitude of other intelligences in terms of development. It may mean we are one of the slowest or last groups in the universe to advance. Making our opportunities to observe a planet of creatures more primitive than us very rare or possibly not even something we could ever do.

You say this as if most, if not all, the ET Sightings are authentic. While I do beleive that we have been visited, I beleive that only a small percentage of actual ET/UFO sightings are authentic. With that in mind, I don't think that it's safe to assume that we are sooo far behind the rest of the universe in technology. I would imagine that the visiting alien nations are the exception as far as technologically advanced beings, and that the rest of the life in the universe are either on the same level as us or below. But that is ompletely speculative.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
mmmm....the last time I went through the Photon belt and met the natives, they just stared and then threw rocks at us - ruuude
Won't go back there in a hurry

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I cant wait for the day that everyone in this planet has the opportunity to travel into outerspace and explore. Im only 21 and I dought I ever get that chance in my lifetime. Im still waiting for a TV dish that doesnt go out on me when its rainy and windy. I dought I have the chance to actually see or be on another planet ever, but I hope atleast my kids or grandkids can. That would be something. Maybe we can be frozen and reanimated in a few hundred years. That would be the sh*t!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think that'd be really cool, personally. However, considering it's Earthlings we are talking about, I figure we will exploit them and destroy their environment too. Look what we, particuliarly the U.S. has done in the so called "Third World" nations here.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
You say this as if most, if not all, the ET Sightings are authentic. While I do beleive that we have been visited, I beleive that only a small percentage of actual ET/UFO sightings are authentic. With that in mind, I don't think that it's safe to assume that we are sooo far behind the rest of the universe in technology. I would imagine that the visiting alien nations are the exception as far as technologically advanced beings, and that the rest of the life in the universe are either on the same level as us or below. But that is ompletely speculative.

Thats pure speculation, as is this whole thread. I agree with you though, contact has been made by a handful of people (personal belief no proof to back that up).
I also wouldn't discredit the human race, im sure we have very powerful technology locked away in the hands of the elite. I wonder if we even bargained with an alien race for technology, perhaps piece by piece we are building ourselves up to rival an alien race. Maybe not, could be for peaceful purposes but who knows right?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Imagine though, if we came across another planet with terrestrial species that was not yet at the same point, and technology we (being an old and wise race) would know to not interupt the evolutionary process for intervening at an inappropriate time could be quite scaring to peoples no where near the mental capacity to both except and understand. We would only absurbb, study, learn, maybe even send one of our own down there if things got out of hand to give some wisdom and beliefs to get them on the right track

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well in my opinion, we would just explot them until they rbel and kick our ass like in most other colonies in the past. I doubt though that earth will have that right to colonise as they probalby will be more advanced lifeforms to police us arround.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wouldnt intervere with their evolution. Theres no point, they wouldnt understand anyway. Its like someone running into the zoo and trying to teach gorillas calculus, and telling about the wonders of the universe, they'd just slap you silly. I hate it when people claim to hold all this information, then claim "you arent ready", it just makes it seem more phony. But I mean, think about it. Are we really ready? I think I am. I cant speak for the rest of humanity though.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think if you contemplate for a few moments you would easily conclude that the rest of the world speaks for it's self... Not ready... Maybe if we didn't have self absorbed government, and more people willling to start demanding change (which is hard because society is set up to make it extra difficult to do so) we could take the next few steps needed to be in a better position to taste futurama.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think that ET of some form or shape will find us before we get the chance to find and greet them.
This may have happened already with the increasing amount of ET activity on our Planet, although many of us still require the hard evidence.
If we find ET first it will be a very primative lifeform of simple celluler structure.
I don't think the Grays and other more advanced ET's are going to lay the red carpet down and invite us into their World if by chance we happen to stumble across them.
Anyway how would we get there?
Stargate perhaps.....
Anyone got any ideas?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is idiotical, no one here has any idea about reality. We would never find a planet with INTELIGENT life, simply becouse of the distances. Curently it will take 70 years to travel to the closest system, and even if we visit million of them the mathematical chances of finding INTELIGENT life, are still close to 0% ( I am a profesor )

But if we do some day in the remote feature, they will be fuked up.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Pavel]

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Pavel]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pavel
This is idiotical, no one here has any idea about reality. We would never find a planet with INTELIGENT life, simply becouse of the distances. Curently it will take 70 years to travel to the closest system, and even if we visit million of them the mathematical chances of finding INTELIGENT life, are still close to 0% ( I am a profesor )

But if we some day in the remote feature, they will be #ed up.

For a professor, your statement is pretty ignorrant
How INTELIGENT were the scholars and professors through out history who said the world was flat, or the sun revolves around the earth, our solar system is the center of the universe, or the atom is the smallest particle in existence? All statements were considered facts and anyone who spoke against them were considered crazy, or worse. I'd think a professor in this day and age would have a much more open mind than our closed minded scholars of our past

[edit on 29-10-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Pavel
For a person of your wisdom (profesor) you sureley have no insight or belief of ET existence from your coments.
Try and grasp the evolution of man on this planet and the huge advances we have made.
Who's to say that within a few decades that new technologys now a dream become available to us to explore more remote areas of the Universe and the existence of life.
Mankind and technology has advanced at such rapid rates in the last part of the last century that we cannot discredit our search for ET.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I could see a few weaker nations exploiting these beings, just like the Western people exploited the blacks. I could also see a great abundance of resistance between the two societys, just like the natives did.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pavel

Im sorry to disagree with you, profesor or not, but I find it silly to think that in this whole universe, we and just a couple of other races are the only form of intelligent life. I just cant accept that. But thats just my opinion. Does anybody else agree with me???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join