It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasts at Syrian university kill more than 80

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Blasts at Syrian university kill more than 80

www.chron.com

BEIRUT (AP) — Twin blasts inside a university campus in Syria's largest city on Tuesday set cars ablaze, blew the walls off dormitory rooms and left more than 80 people dead, anti-regime activists said
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
sry if this has been posted
wow 80 dead so far still updating fast

What caused the blasts remained unclear.. Why would Assad do this? Will Russia still want to back him if hes bombing schools? This is gonna be ugly

Anti-regime activists trying to topple President Bashar Assad's regime said his forces carried out two airstrikes. Syrian state media, for its part, blamed rebels fighting the Syrian government, saying they fired rockets that struck the campus

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-

extra DIV

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here:

Assad did not fire rockets onto a campus and kill 80+ people. Call me crazy, or ignorant, or whatever, but I just don't see Assad doing this.

Of course anti-regime individuals are going to place the blame on Assad, Duh!

We'll find out soon enough, and I may just eat my words.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yup, just like in Chili and South America in the past, whenever they elected a good to the people government the black ops moved in and universities are always targets, can't have anyone educated in their serfdom dictatorships.

And of course the terrorists, are freedom fighters, and the UN/PTB support the sharia terrorists in this case,

Lovely world!

What we need is a way, where we're not only waking up seeing things, but where, without taking too much time out of our busy days, we can actually voice strong strident NO's and then never elect such cretons again.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here:

Assad did not fire rockets onto a campus and kill 80+ people. Call me crazy, or ignorant, or whatever, but I just don't see Assad doing this.

Of course anti-regime individuals are going to place the blame on Assad, Duh!

We'll find out soon enough, and I may just eat my words.

Yup, I'm with you one this one. This wasn't Assad, this probably with the rebels, but who knows at this point.

-TheGhoster
edit on 15-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
No matter who did it or why, it sure doesn't look like a gas leak explosion. So, will the media continue to speculate or will some group of terrorists come forward and claim it, even if they didn't do it. Or will some smoking gun evidence be found to place the blame accurately.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
On a side note, I want to just say that I don't think the MSM does enough reporting on why these conflicts over in the ME occur as regularly as they do. The MSM just mindlessly divides widely disperant groups into good guys and bad guys and simplifies everything. For one thing, you never here the MSM attempt to analyze the social, historical, ethical, economic or demogprahic causes for why these Civil War start. They don't tell you how difficult it must be to administrate a nation with a history of bitter ethnic conflict and poor economic status. They don't interview citizens who might actually want Assad to stay in power. They don't intereview the rebels to make sure they are actually desirable for Syria as a whole. They don't analyze why Assad is guilt of war crimes, that I'm sure he did probably commit, but we should at least try to investigate. We don't try to understand whether this really about freedom of speech or leack of jobs or anything. We don't take the time to learn anything from the conflicts in the region. The MSM just simplifies the issue, picks sides, acts as the nation's propaganda wing and mindlessly goes from there. Look, I'm not saying Assad shouldn't go--hell he probably should, but if were going to simply gawk at this international tragedy over here in the Western world, we should have the respect for the people who died in this conflict to report intelligently and impartially on the matter. *End rant*

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
more pics

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Our observations of the situation in Syria are problematic at best.

We can;t really trust anyone to tell us the truth...

The government has been opposed to the West in principle for ages, and thus has never trusted us with direct involvement with their people. Through the examples of other, more or less 'controlled' national examples provided by other anti-"West" regimes, they have continually bombarded their people with propaganda made to make us outsiders seem horrible and brutal.

The West's "media" has aligned itself with governing powers or insurgent factions (as usual to gain access) but, in doing so, sold out the truth, in exchange for the opportunity to be their mouthpiece. As a result the media claims are often just as suspect as any government announcement.

Even my own government has determined that it's "OK" to lie to the citizens of my country... if it serves their concept of a "greater national interest." Propaganda has been the name of the game ever since the latter half of the 20th century.... and even before that; although it was riskier in the early days when there were still some journalists dedicated to the spirit of the vocation.

As such this could have been either the rebels... who win "Western" support no matter what happens ... or the government ... who can parley this into a story of the brutish and criminal terrorist elements within the rebel contingent.

I pray for those lost souls, and their loved ones... because their destiny is to be 'used' by talking heads.... any way they can.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This was done by the 'freedom fighters'.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

From the pictures i see no craters.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

From that debris the man is holding, I'm assuming it was a mortar, or some sort of launcher. And they want to ban guns in america. This killed 80+ people. Not to rub anyone the wrong way, but I might. The shootings we have had over the past 5-10 years are equal to just one crazy dude in Syria.

new topics

top topics

join