It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Overreacts to Cold Temperatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This clip from the Jimmy Kimmel show made me laugh. I live in Chicago where it's not strange to see weather in the single digits, if not colder when including wind chill. So when I see news clips from Southern California freaking out over their "Artic Blast" it makes me laugh. What's great is that we had a 55-60 degree day here in Chicago last Saturday (during the day) and when night time came around temperature dropped 30 or so degrees but during the day people were out and about without coats on, having windows down while driving, but in southern cali, you're bundled up tight...

If you're from an area that has real cold temperatures I believe you appreciate this clip that much more..

Enjoy!
edit on 15-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Lmao. Yah, it's super cold here but I like it. A nice hot cup of coffee and ATS.

cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
reply to post by jhn7537

Lmao. Yah, it's super cold here but I like it. A nice hot cup of coffee and ATS.

cheers.

Yea I figured the clip would be a nice change from all the 2nd amendment, Piers Morgan, Alex Jones, Sandy Hook, etc.stuff we've seen on here recently...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
reply to post by jhn7537

cheers.

Yea I figured the clip would be a nice change from all the 2nd amendment, Piers Morgan, Alex Jones, Sandy Hook, etc.stuff we've seen on here recently...

Yah, I'm personally tired of it that's why you will never see me debating guns or even commenting on a gun thread. We can't avoid the inevitable, whatever it may be.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thank you for the laugh, OP.

Yesterday, I was on BART and there was a woman standing next to me in a full-length coat and wool scarf bundled around her neck. When I looked down, I noticed she was wearing flip flops.
Only in Cali.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I live in Ohio, in a snowbelt area, where it is currently only mid 20's at night.
When we get a "warm front" this time of year, which to us is the 50's we act like its spring.....lol.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I live in Ohio, in a snowbelt area, where it is currently only mid 20's at night.
When we get a "warm front" this time of year, which to us is the 50's we act like its spring.....lol.

PLPL

Exactly, I'm from Chicago, we had that this past saturday, it hit 55 during the day and then dropped to 25 at night... It was GREAT!!!!

I question my sanity each year for living in Chicago... Weather, politics, taxes, etc... my head needs to be checked...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Central Canada here, on the prairies.

For most of us, when its 55F or 13C we wear t-shirts.

I remember a couple years back, we were moving an oil rig in northern Alberta. It was -54C or -65F and the wind was blowing about 40 mph. Not sure how to calculate wind chill but I will say it was effing cold even for me.

I will say that video was pretty funny for me, but I do understand that it all comes down to adaptation.
Cool temps for me would probably be cold for anyone from California, but on the flip side, a really hot day in California would probably make me want to die.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Central Canada here, on the prairies.

For most of us, when its 55F or 13C we wear t-shirts.

I remember a couple years back, we were moving an oil rig in northern Alberta. It was -54C or -65F and the wind was blowing about 40 mph. Not sure how to calculate wind chill but I will say it was effing cold even for me.

Yep. Once it gets down to those extreme temps, it's nice when it warms up to a balmy -15C.

I don't think I could handle the hot weather anymore. At least when it's cold, you can pile on the clothes.
When it's too hot, it's still too hot even when you're naked.

new topics

top topics

join