It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Flash Of Light Takes Off The Power

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I live in Toronto west end (Etobicoke) and this morning I witnessed something weird that I cannot explain. I hope there are more torontonians in this site or someone who can give me a rational explanation. To keep it short, this morning, barely after 7 am EST I saw a very bright flash of light, no noise and smell whatsoever and the power went off for a second then came back on. Went outside in the balcony and strangely for that hour of the morning, a scary silence was reigning everywhere. Checked the news but nothing. Spoke to some of my friends and few of them who live around the area, maybe scattered few minutes away by car, witnessed the same phenomena. Maybe is nothing but I can't keep shaking the feeling of weirdness. If it was a transformer, the power would have been off for a while and I don't think the light would have been so powerful to be seen in such a large radius at that time of the morning. Any input of what might have been? Anyone out there have had the same or similar experience?

Thanks in advance

p.s. I want to specify that the light was to a brightness that I've never seen before. Very powerful and strong and very whitish.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'd still be inclined toward a transformer. There may have been a temporary disruption as alternate routes were activated to compensate, but this is all done by computer now, so there shouldn't have been too much of a bump...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I've seen transformers explode, you can see it for miles and if you are close it's actually quite blinding. As well, living in a city like Toronto, your power grid has redundancies built in, if say a single transform blows in one section, the power grid allows for continued service for most customers because of the redundancies, that's why you say your power blip for a second, then come back on.

Next time I'm on FB I'll ask my sister she lives in TO.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We had a transformer practically in our backyard. when it exploded there was a huge bright light it lit up almost the entire house but i highly doubt people further away would have seen it the way we do. I wouldn't shake that as a transformer.

Did it engulf the sky? Did it shine straight?
edit on 15-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

My security caught something in the sky on 1/11/2013, as a strange purple smoke seems to bellow out of it several times, for a few quick frames a short flash of light is seen, all this is was off IR. Here is the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by misse2miss
We had a transformer practically in our backyard. when it exploded there was a huge bright light it lit up almost the entire house but i highly doubt people further away would have seen it the way we do. I wouldn't shake that as a transformer.

Did it engulf the sky? Did it shine straight?

I've seen transformers explode and I know also the sound it's accompanied with. I also know how the light is but believe me, this one was totally different. Never seen such a bright and whitish light before in my life. No, it didn't shine straight. It seamed like was allover the place like the Sun all of a sudden shone, just with a different light this time.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

That was definitely not a transformer! Do you have any power companies in the area?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Not that I'm aware off.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Ex Electrician here, if a transformer blows this is something you will know, it does sound off loudly, and sparks go everywhere with usually a fire to follow.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight
reply to post by Telos

Ex Electrician here, if a transformer blows this is something you will know, it does sound off loudly, and sparks go everywhere with usually a fire to follow.

I know candlelight. I've seen it and heard it before. That's why the today's "phenomena" is so weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Did you watch the videos???? Maybe slight residue of an EMP
edit on 15-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

But just a theory of course.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight
reply to post by Telos

Did you watch the videos???? Maybe slight residue of an EMP
edit on 15-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

Yes I did but I'm not able to give a more rational explanation. At this point speculation is my best friend. Lol

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

As with us all my friend.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Point an IR type Camera at aprox. 20 Degrees WSW In the afternoon sky and you might even see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

Have you considered the Sun?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Already answered that one, this cannot be seen with the naked eye, and the sun is higher in the sky then the roof of the house, and this is shot below the poarch level. Our sun is off to the left, or beside of the camera and to high to be picked up by it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

For 6 days straight I visually checked this out to be sure before posting anything. I wanted to be sure what I was seeing was for sure not the sun.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

General location and time?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Plus, if you watch it closely the sun does not speed up and slow down, or put off purple smoke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join