It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear America: Your Higher Payroll Taxes Are Not The Result Of A Tax Increase!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Any presidential policies affect Canada, very directly I might add. They have every right to chime in and pay attention.

edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by macman

AND haters will keep on hatin.

You can try to spin it how you want, an increase is an increase, and not a tax.

Now, if it was taken to 8%, THAT would be an increase. A return to normality is not.

Funny how you all were not screaming how horrible Obama was when the temporary reduction was put into place.

Was there an increase to a tax, or not???

Shall I provide you the definition of "increase"?

Was there an increase from 2010 to 2013?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by macman

Any presidential policies affect Canada, very directly I might add. They have every right to chime in and pay attention.

edit on 15-1-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Backlash effecting other countries is of no concern.

Canadians should be taking care of Canadians. Not poking their nose in others businesses.
But, I suspect your one world BS mantra will come up again.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
actually, I have my doubts that it was a tax decrease to begin with..
I believe it went into the social security funds..which, well, if the govt would have kept their hands off of would have and impressive amount of money in it. but they couldn't, so, well, the gov't has to start paying back the money they owe. which means, that for some of those running the gov't, probably most of them, the cash cow has died, and it's time to close up social security and find another way to sucker the american taxpayer. the "tax cut" was just another nail they used to build it's coffin.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Kadmiel

It really doesn't matter... almost everyone this effects will get it all back in their annual wealth redistribution check, or more commonly called a tax "refund".

I doubt that. We have two children and hardly got a thing back last year and the amount that couples get back per child has actually decreased. Couples with children are getting hit hard, and it doesn't surprise me. The traditional family unit has been under attack for a long time now. It's hard to brainwash kids that have two attentive parents.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
it's double taxation.

Tax our payroll, and tax our income?

When does this theft stop? When are we going to stop putting up with it?

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Business License Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Estate Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Payroll Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax
edit on 15/1/13 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

You forgot one,

using the toilet tax

I`M SERIOUS!
where I live we receive an annual tax bill from the state( separate from our property tax bill) in the amount of $30 because we have a septic system. All septic systems in the state are assessed a $30 a year tax to fund environmental clean up projects.
They charge me $30 a year to take a crap so that big corporations don`t have to pay to clean up the damage they do to the environment in the state, at least that`s the way I see it.
On the check that I send to pay the tax i write in the bottom left corner, where there is a space to make a notation for what the check is for, I write "Poo Poo Tax"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes canada and the US are bothaffected by policies that the government makes

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

If you read the linked article you will notice it was not a increase in the tax per se. It is an increase back to previous regulated percentage. It only seems like an increase becuase people are ignorant when it comes to the definition and polices set forth in 2010

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

We also have a septic system and a seperate charge for the use of such facilities where i dwell too. thanks for reminding me

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kadmiel
reply to post by macman

If you read the linked article you will notice it was not a increase in the tax per se. It is an increase back to previous regulated percentage. It only seems like an increase becuase people are ignorant when it comes to the definition and polices set forth in 2010

I love that in your statement explaining that it is not an increase, you use the term "increase".

Yeah, very much too dumb to know it not increase. DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wipe drool off me mouth please.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I think perhaps you may not be seeing the bigger picture.

1. Why did they temporary decrease the tax?
edit on 15-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's just the ignorance of many Americans, including myself, who don't care until it affects my green. I wasn't complaining when they did this 2 years ago...in fact none of you were but I was prepared for it go back up. Sure it sucks but it's reality so we all have to deal with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

it's double taxation. Tax our payroll, and tax our income? When does this theft stop? When are we going to stop putting up with it?
reply to post by xstealth

With all of this double taxation, they still can't balance the budget.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

it's double taxation. Tax our payroll, and tax our income? When does this theft stop? When are we going to stop putting up with it?
reply to post by xstealth

With all of this double taxation, they still can't balance the budget.

In a debt based economy there is no such thing as a balanced budget.
edit on 15-1-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

so they can whine and complain now how they are gonna have to push granny off a cliff??

seriously, you hear way more griping about medicare and social security busting us (while they still divert funds from those for those social programs maybe if they'd quit robbing the seniors and the soon to be seniors just to give to the able bodied workers who don't want to work, or can't find work, or who are working but just making crap wages parts of the economy would straighten themselves out.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

No there was no "INCREASE" it was a aggrandizement

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes, we are paying more because of funds needed so it is a tax increase in a sense. You can fool yourself but most educated people saw this coming. But everyone voted the SAME people back in so what do you expect.

It was not relief . It is a change in rate. Like telling someone you can beat me up a little now and then really kick my #%# later. There is no such thing as relief. Relief is a solution. This was a bait and switch. We all knew it was coming back and here it is. I lose about 100 bucks a pay check. It hurts. A hundred dollars is making sure my kids are taken care of.

They could have extended it. They could have reduced it. Maybe Next year they will reduce it and look like heroes.

The gov't vampires will get 4000 dollar checks and stay on assistance and hard working, any class folks will get back maybe 10% of what they paid into. It is not a tax refund. It is YOUR money they are just collecting interest on it.

Bottom line though is that your OP is wrong. They are the result of the need to raise money to cover projects so yes, the relief was allowed to lapse which raised your taxes.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Too Funny. Are you just whipping out your thesaurus now.

aggrandize

to make great or greater : increase, enlarge
: to make appear great or greater : praise highly
: to enhance the power, wealth, position, or reputation of
— ag·gran·dize·ment noun
— ag·gran·diz·er noun

BTW
You never addressed my comment on the last page regarding Obama's 2010 extension of the then Expiring Bush Tax Cuts. He is cited as stating that he extended the cuts to avoid a tax Increase on the Middle Class....Those were temporary tax cuts just as this Tax Holiday was a temporary tax cut..

Was that just an "aggrandizement"
Good One!! You can play semantics ping pong all day long

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Nicely stated. My first 2013 paycheck was $150 lighter than my last 2012 check.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Which is more.
What was paid last 2 years.
Or, what is paid this year?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join