It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Java releases Security Patch, Update 11 (takes care of Governments concerns)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Fix is out.. Java finally releases an Security Patch. Very small patch of 854kb.

Platform(s): Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 Server
Browser(s): Firefox
Java version(s): 6.0, 7.0

Download and Install
It is recommended, before you proceed with online installation you may want to disable your Internet firewall. In some cases the default firewall settings are set to reject all automatic or online installations such as the Java online installation. If the firewall is not configured appropriately it may stall the download/install operation of Java under certain conditions. Refer to your specific Internet firewall manual for instructions on how to disable your Internet Firewall.

Java releases Security Update 11

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Awe, homeland security was all over that one too lol

We'll that's to bad in any case here is a copy of the exploit for educational purposes of course

Mod Edit - coding example removed

16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on 15/1/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by snowcr4sh

I was kinda wondering... would TPTB slip some new code into this version that we IT pros might miss? Im hoping some trustworthy fellows are looking this new code-set over with a fine tooth comb to see if there are any other vulerabilities. My conspiratorial mind is just hung on the idea of, "Well, everyone is going to be downloading the 'fix' now so we should be sure to slip a Trojan horse into this to make sure we reach all the 'concerned' people."

But then again, realisticly, shouldn't we all realize by now that NOTHING connected to the internet slips past Big Brother? They've had their methods of tracking and exploiting us for a long time...

edit on 15-1-2013 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I uninstalled java completely from my machine and TBH i don't really miss it. Ive found most of the things that use Java are time wasting apps and so far i haven't found anything that uses java that i couldn't live without. Maybe next week things will change but for now i think i'll leave it uninstalled

edit on 15-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused, what exactly is wrong with the update? I never think about these updates I just install them when they come.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Something strange here in NW Kansas though. Day before the Java info came out my computer started to run slower then before.

Next came the phone system, rings once, lags or like speaker phone, even when you talk there is like some other hollow time lag. Sat was the worst! Most of the day the phone system was down, internet was so slow might as well used my 386x2 system!

Would say it would be strange if it was just my house, not really! But the whole town and a few other around town? # days have passed and the phones seem to work better now, still the ring or two though. Today the computer is very slow, yesterday it was just fine.

Did uninstall Java 7 days ago so any ideas? Phones I mean land lines and cells! Just thought my phone company might have Java as its top program and it shut Java down for the time being.

No black SUV's, no UFO's; hell nothing happens here........Opps forgot about the 3 uhauls at 4:30am who go by every 3 day like clock work though! Passing the town I mean. Could it be the mail man?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

*face-palm* And here I just installed said update about 5 minutes before reading this post.
And a Trojan you say? This better not be true, I don't want someone snooping thro my computer.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Excuse me if im being paranoid, but why is DHS alerting us to this flaw, and not security software like Norton, AVG, or... 'cough cough' Mcafee?

Second, I thought about it... Java.. Java is ORACLE.

ORACLE. thats a pretty significant word with much meaning.

Short story shorter... I got a funny feeling that the Chinese have been using Java as a means to get to the western worlds technology! and the DHS warning me to turn it off says to me this is more than just a ram bam thankyou mam spam!

top topics

join