It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowcrash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hello everyone! I'm new here at ATS sort of, I have not been on ATS since the 90s

Anyways look forward to some good reads!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hello!!!!

Your name has piqued my interest! Fellow Neal Stephenson fan???

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Of course, and what's with this 4000 characters left ? LOL
Do i need to write an auto biography on my self before i'm able to make an actual thread - post on this website these days ? They must have huge issues with spam etc.
What books have you read bye the author ? Snow Crash was Neal Stephenson's third novel, published in 1992. Like many of Stephenson's other novels it covers history, linguistics, anthropology, archaeology, religion, computer science, politics, cryptography, memetics, and philosophy What is there not to love about this!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Welcome Snowcrash To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Right on, thanks for the information john! Look forward to being a contributing member of this community!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snowcr4sh

lol lifted from wikipedia eh?

I've read: Snow Crash, Diamond Age, Cryptonomicon (I am actually going to reread it again shortly), I got about 1/3 of the way through Anathem (brain hurt), AND I am currently reading Reamde, 3/4 of the way through.

I read about half of Quicksilver but got sidetracked with a whole heap of other books and studying lol. And I have the other two books in the Baroque Cycle on my shelf.

What about you?

What other authors are you into??

EDIT TO ADD: You need to post I think 20 replies or something before you can post a topic.
edit on 15-1-2013 by auroraaus because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Welcome,

What made you come back?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Snowcrash and the Diamond Age are epic novels i've kept and re-read countless times since they were released in the 90's.

Btw, Ever get the feeling were headed for the Snowcrash version of America's future? It's almost prophetic.

Long live Hiroaki Protagonist.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nice to see you join up and by your interests listed above I am looking forward to any and all of your thread/posts.
so long as they are under 4000 characters

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Welcome.
You need to read Zodiac and The Big U.
A Stephenson fan will have the brains to cope in this neighborhood.
Double ply your tinfoil and don't feed the trolls.
Have fun.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowcr4sh

I'm hesitant to reply in case you're here to call be back to the beta team. I did my 10-12 years.

But, just in case it's coincidence, welcome to ATS!

top topics

join