It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What should scare the piss out of you is this!

Say Obama or whoever after him takes away the peoples right to have guns.

Then say that person now treats the USA like a dictatorship and turns it into a War Country out to spread it's ideologies on every other country. Just like Hitler.

Let me put it to you this way. Germany was small and turned into a giant in a few years.

The USA is already the Giant of the Giants. They want that giant to roll just like Hitler. Only this time, no one is going to stop it once it's in full War mode. THAT SHOULD SCARE THE # OUT OF YOU! I know it does for me. I'm scared that giant is gonna come and impose it's ideologies (which is war) on me and mine!

Just think.....You people in the USA could put a stop to this # right now, and march to the hill en mass! But you won't. Cause your not hungry and scared enough yet!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
holy assumptions batman

he will not order confiscations

I hope you see the irony in your post.
Assumptions indeed.

just saw a news report

tougher background checks.....yup
limitations to magazine size......yup
assault weapons ban....yup
confiscations....nope

I guess I should have been more clear

"holy paranoia batman"

better ?

I don't think he'll get the AW ban, I think that is a throw away he is putting in so he can give it back and look like he's compromising

or

he's going to come into your house in the middle of the night and confiscate your weapons !!!!! OMGerd !!!!!!
edit on 14-1-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

The rich and the poor have to live together. I keep getting this feeling though they enjoy hurting us
because we're not as smart as them.

Please stop thinking this way.
The rich are NOT smarter than those who are poor. Some are smart, but the majority of those with money were either born into it or got it by stepping on people and backstabbing.
I would bet my last dollar that the rich are much more socio/psychopathic than the poor. THIS is why they enjoy hurting us. It has nothing to do with intelligence. If anything, they're just demented and fearful. I know plenty of people the rich would consider poor, but there's a huge difference between living comfortably with only that which you need and wanting to live with much more than you could ever need.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Some news:

dailycaller.com...

Finally someone who is standing up publicly.

“Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible,” he added. “Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person — much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.” He concluded by claiming that an executive order would be not just “not just an attack on the Constitution,” but also an “attack on Americans.” “If the president is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist,” he said.

edit on 14-1-2013 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

well you were right about new york and there new law seems INSANE newyork.cbslocal.com...

“We are going to ban assault weapons. We are going to eliminate all of the loopholes that existed previously,” Silver said. The new state legislation will: * Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10 * Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years * Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime * Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property * New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers “They will be basically not permitted to be transferred. They will be grandfathered in but not in terms of a transfer. There will be a registry,” Silver said.
so a registry,NO sale of grandfathered weapons (basically a ban in sheeps clothing) and renewal of licenses not to mention a 7 round limit?!?! that seems to rid new york of almost every type of weapon but revolvers(could not find anything to say if they were exempting 22's or tube fed) but if you live in newyork you better hope some ruling over rules this or tosses this new proposed bill aside.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All guns around the world should be banned by principal...even the governments guns. Equally destroyed.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Why?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

That would be probably the best case .. however it's far of being realistic... even all guns are eliminated, you still have other weapons and you always will have people thinking about killing someone or hurting themselves, etc...

So if you wanna get rid of all weapons, you also need to get rid of that thinking .. which is basically changing humanity .. never will happen! It's like a Star Trek Episode where Kirk&Gang land on a absolute peaceful planet where no one even things about protection/etc and the whole society is shocked when suddenly a murder is committed .. (or was that in Stargate?).

Let's go back to the "real" world :-)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
All guns around the world should be banned by principal...even the governments guns. Equally destroyed.

Everyone should always be generous, caring and good to their neighbors. All negative thinking and actions should be banned. Anger should be banned. Jealousy should be banned. Greed should be banned. Ugly dogs should be banned.

We live in the real world, human nature is what it is, wishing it wasn't changes nothing. I hate this utopian nonsense.

Grow up.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
GOVERNOR CUOMO OF NY APPEARS TO HAVE "EXECUTIVE POWERS" AS WELL reply to post by flyandi

GOVERNOR CUOMO OF NY APPEARS TO HAVE "EXECUTIVE POWERS" AS WELL

New York State is about to have the Country's first GUN BAN emplaced within days.

EVERYTHING was done behind closed doors and he has enacted "Emergency Powers" to eliminate "Public Review" and "Public Hearings".

This WILL become law unless something is done NOW.

Is the NRA planning on doing anything?

Once the "Gun Ban" takes root in one state, it's only a SHORT time before it will be in YOUR STATE.

This is being shoved down our throats... Is ANYONE ABLE TO HELP US ????
edit on 1/14/2013 by Vascopolis because: Learning colors and sizing

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think I smell mass protests and worse in the air ....

I have been telling people for years this is where things were going and all I heard is "oh that's never gonna happen."

Hell its happening and I'm still hearing people say oh that's never gonna happen.

People suck ... when are they going to learn?

Tyranny is bearing down on us NOW!
edit on 14-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vascopolis

Hey man calm down... The 2008 ruling and 2010 ruling by the supreme court identifies the 2nd in the terms that we've always understood it and furthermore goes on to protect those rights from state restrictions. They can't ban guns by virtue of this ruling.

If however they somehow do ban guns entirely, relax, take a moment. Say nothing to anyone that you have them and keep them hidden. If push comes to shove and you have to give them up, then that's fine. Lay down your arms, we can always get more. It's the people that matter and those who have conviction are even harder to find.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

he will probably mandate federal changes to the background check to include mental illness on anyone living in your house

Which, with the rates of medication for various mental illnesses, most notably depression, that would be a gun ban for the vast majority of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Everything is so upside right now in this country. It's almost as if everyone except the good few are completely oblivious as if they were under control. It really is crazy how fast this is happening. I can't wait to see what this bastard Barry has to say, he ain't getting nothing from me that's for sure. I guess we will wait and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
One of the talk radio guys observed, once the left gets an idea in their head, it never, never goes away. the left in the US had been pushing for gummint medicine since the 1930s before finally getting it. they want to ban all guns and they will certainly be willing to do this bit by bit. 10-round clips? well that sounds reasonable. 5 round clips, well ok. assult-type? well why not, we don't hunt with them...and on and on and bit by bit until all rifles are banned, then shotguns then pistols.
if the pres issues an exec order and Holder starts enforcement, what will anyone do? will state police refuse to enforce? when the ATF starts enforcing county by county, who will stop them?
two things really irritate me about this. first, just about all of the left leadership lives in safe neighborhoods and gated communites (many of them, like that paper in NY, with armed guards). they're safe; they care nothing about our safety.
second; if we're going to enforce gun laws, how about going into the inner cities and tracking down and grabbing all those weapons, some of which are actually being used against human beings?
you have a much greater chance of being shot by a gang member in Chicago, than a deer hunter in West Virginia, or a target shooter in Texas. if the ATF/gummint wants to do something about gun violence, let's start there.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Thanks my friend at least I congratulate you for understanding and knowing how much powers the president have over the Constitution of the US.

No, he can not change the Constitution. he can pass law concerning gun control but changing the constitution and the second amendment he can not.

And executive orders when it comes to constitutional rights are always bound to be challenged in the supreme court.

Seems that many have no clue what really a president can and not do, and how far he can push.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, I guess Obama is going to do it. This has squat to do with guns themselves. Guns aren't the only or even MAIN area he needs this established precedent to accomplish.

However his EO power MAY legally be capable of shoehorning legislation through which isn't legislation at all anymore ...hence..violates the spirit of the process if not else, he can't do it if Congress won't ALLOW it. The Court is the last refuge...but like Obamacare has slashed/burned everything of the old system BEFORE the bad of the new system is even widely known, so too he'll do it with guns before the Court gets the change.

If he's effectively run gun manufacturers out of business and made store keepers too liable in taxes, fines or ACTUAL product liability? Who will be left to revive an industry after the court says it was all wrong after all and doesn't count?

I'm not sure where it goes from here...but if he EO's this without EVEN TRYING Congress as OUR SYSTEM DEMANDS THIS BE DONE? Well, We have King Obama the 1st and there just won't be doubt. Monarchies use parliamentary systems as tools...they aren't kept in check by them. Congress is SUPPOSED to keep the Executive branch in check with balance of oversight and investigation when needed.

This guy murders an ambassador in Libya and barely has hearings against peripheral players over the basic outline of what happened. Oh, we're doomed.... I hope we all make it out the other end of whats coming.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't underestimate him, watch how he uses the powers he has now, to influence, coerce, and ultimatly develop new broader powers in the near future.

Obama didn't actually run on the promise of change, HE IS CHANGE!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Agreed, I generally think the United States is screwedddddddd

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join