It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have executive powers over guns..." - It's starting...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

no problem all gotta learn somewhere, if you interested in learning about regulated weapons/firearms/components research NFA(national fire arm act) fire arms as it will tell you what Americans can or cant own with a tax stamp could prove educational and perhaps even interesting to you

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by muse7
All of these threads are just massive paranoia. People have been saying that Obama will confiscate everyone's guns since he was elected in 2008.

The major difference here is that this isn't 'people' talking, this is the chief executive talking... and unless you are privy to his personal intentions, you're guessing like the rest of us.

Okay? Even if he issues an executive order do you think state governments will enforce it?

I don't think so.

Executive orders can be overturned by congress too.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

the founding fathers were rebels, but those that they rebelled against labeled them as terrorists, hell there even calling the founding fathers terrorists now also in the new school curriculum. i dont think people are as guided as you may think by the media and i believe once the feds started dropping any bombs people would know who is at fault.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Maybe. Maybe I just don't have as much faith in people as you do. After all, didn't the US government open up public donations to the FSA? Even though it was proven that Al-Qeda was in their ranks. Isn't the US government fighting Al-Queda and blamed them for the worst terrorist attack on US soil? Why would Joe Public give them money? Short answer: Because TV told them. Why were people giving money to Kony2012 campaign? Propaganda. Not everyone, but a big majority of people don't even realize what they are doing and just do it because they believe they are doing good.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Executive orders superceede Congressional oversight, that's the whole point of them.
I really don't see the State Legislatures arguing or standing against armed federal troops or agencies. Yes they can, yes they would, and yes they have before. New Orleans Police found that out in live fire fights on the blown levies with the Feds during Katrina.
Will they do it again, that's the big question, and the answer to that is apparently right around the corner. But naivety and complacency never stopped them before, ever in recorded history.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

no problem all gotta learn somewhere, if you interested in learning about regulated weapons/firearms/components research NFA(national fire arm act) fire arms as it will tell you what Americans can or cant own with a tax stamp could prove educational and perhaps even interesting to you

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Your guns cannot stop the weapons the military has now.

You could have all the guns you want and not a a single one can stop a hellfire missle fired from a mile away. To think that a hand gun or a rifle is gonna protect you from a jet flying several miles above you is idiotic.

If Obama starts talking about how much he loves god and says that the unbelievers must be placed in camps or murdered for jesus then we have a problem. Hitler was a catholic and his reasons for killing the jews were religious. Have you seen his painting of Mary and baby jesus... its quite good for a psychopath.

Come on! The Afghanis have frustrated the United States military with sub-par weapons and training. If there was a civil war in the US, many of the participants would be better armed, better trained, and better equipped than the people of Afghanistan and Vietnam. Add that to the fact that the main problem with fighting a war on your own turf is logistics.
Think about it. Those jets are fuel-hungry critters, and they can't get off the ground if someone with a rifle shoots up the supply caravan. Whether or not there should be a civil war is a different question altogether, but the idea that people armed with small arms cannot defend themselves against a technologically superior adversary has already been disproved.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by flyandi

well Hitler did the same thing in 1938 and we all know how that ended.

While I don't believe anyone can tell you what you should be allowed to do, especially if you are responsible, you might want to brush up on your history. If you are referring to the Feinstein Bill and are comparing it to Hitler's gun control policy, although they are similar, Hitler's policy was an extension of post-World War I gun control measures set on Germany by the Allies to keep Germany from militarizing itself.

Ok so Feinstein bill is trying to lay a foundation then.

With our constitution and the 2nd amendment any move away from the wording is a move in Hitlers direction.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
holy assumptions batman

he will not order confiscations

he may oder a ban on high capacity magazines

he will probably mandate federal changes to the background check to include mental illness on anyone living in your house

here's what happened. the country was shocked and outraged at the sandy hook shooting, and looked to him for help. as a politician, he has to appear that he is doing what he can

so he will talk the talk

then he will sign a piece of paper that looks tough, but in reality isn't very tough

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Sure he did .. he enacted the 1938 Gun Control Law Act .. and in 1939 stripped the rights from every Jew to have guns ... actually he stripped the right from everyone .. read the history and you will learn.

The parallels between Nazi Germany and today are too close for my taste!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
holy assumptions batman

he will not order confiscations

I hope you see the irony in your post.
Assumptions indeed.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.infowars.com... ecutive-action-to-restrict-second-amendment/

They are really pushing it

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so he will talk the talk

then he will sign a piece of paper that looks tough, but in reality isn't very tough

Well .. the issue is how he talks and represents his position.

Threats, Attacks and Playing blame games are the wrong way to argue with the American Public.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
All I know is that this is the breaking point for this nation. If we do not stand up for our rights they will be gone.

Don't bother standing up, just learn to bend over...

From around 12/30/12

thehill.com...

“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” said Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Bend over America, assume the position... You're gonna get screwed, like it or not.

You can't say he didn't provide graphic warning.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Bend over America, assume the position... You're gonna get screwed, like it or not.

You can't say he didn't provide graphic warning.

Get ready for re-education camps .... also known as FEMA camps..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
NO president has the power to issue executive orders to remove constitutional rights. Just because Obama claims he can doesnt make it so. Who the hell does he think he is? How much more does he have to prove his anti-constitutional and anti-american extremism before people open their eyes?

Let us just say the the bill passes.

How is it then that a citizen can go from constitutionaly protected one day to outlaw the next? Well its not possible unless you are dealing with anti constitution fanatics. There is no way something so fundemental to the rights of the people, by the law of the bill of rights itself, can can be reversed to make him or her a criminal in one day.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

For who? His SS?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Hitler comparison may not actually be that far off.

Many of the events that have happened and new laws that have passed in the USA since 9/11 can be directly correllated to the events and new laws of 1933 - 1939 in Nazi Germany. This is just the latest similarity.

Fortunately for Hitler, there were far less guns in Germany than in the United States today.

I don't think Obama's really proposing what Hitler did though - Hitler confiscated existing guns as well as preventing sales of new ones, of all types. Obama is just proposing limiting NEW sales of huge capacity magazines and semi automatic weapons, and not going door to door asking for people's guns, as Hitler's brown shirts did in the 1930's.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

All of these threads are just massive paranoia. People have been saying that Obama will confiscate everyone's guns since he was elected in 2008.

The major difference here is that this isn't 'people' talking, this is the chief executive talking... and unless you are privy to his personal intentions, you're guessing like the rest of us.

Okay? Even if he issues an executive order do you think state governments will enforce it?

I don't think so.

Executive orders can be overturned by congress too.

I'd be willing to bet my useless state of NY will.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman

For who? His SS?

Close. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join