It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Discovered In Old Apollo 14 Photos Of Moon, NASA Deleted Them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
An UFO is discovered In Old Apollo 14 Photos Of Moon but sadly , NASA quickly deleted those files. The Apollo image photos only cover photos AS14-64-9046 up to AS14-78-10399, but these photos are AS14-80-10468 and AS14-80-10511.

NASA archive with these numbers missing : LINK

Here are those deleted photographs :

IMAGE 1 [ AS14-80-10468 ]

IMAGE 2 [ AS14-80-10511 ]

Read the source for full story :
SOURCE
keithlaney.net

One Question : Whats the motive behind deleting those photographs ?

edit on 14-1-2013 by Equiinox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox
An UFO is discovered In Old Apollo 14 Photos Of Moon but sadly , NASA quickly deleted those files. The Apollo image photos only cover photos AS14-64-9046 up to AS14-78-10399, but these photos are AS14-80-10468 and AS14-80-10511.

NASA archive with these numbers missing : LINK

Hey, OP, do you have any real opinion on what this could be? Just posting links to pics and a one-liner is against the TOS of ATS as far as I know (and I'm a newbie here that read the TOS and other requirements of being a good ATS citizen).

I would like to hear your opinion too...then we can all discuss this thing on a logical level...right?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I would like to hear your opinion too...then we can all discuss this thing on a logical level...right?

Am thinking why NASA deleted so many photographs !! Why would they want to hide the fact that we aren't alone !!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Am thinking why NASA deleted so many photographs !! Why would they want to hide the fact that we aren't alone !!

YOU are jumping to a conclusion that they were deleted because of that reason. You do not know that, unless you have proof of that. I could just as easily say they were deleted because the photos were not processed properly, and would give viewers the wrong impression.....leading them to jump to a conclusion that it was an alien space ship in the frame.....when it was a stray lens flare or shmutz on the negative when processed.

I wish it were aliens....I do. I am waiting myself for that actual evidence, but, alas, this is not it IMO.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Odd that they spend so much money searching for life on other worlds, huh?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I just don't understand their motive .

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by draknoir2

I just don't understand their motive .

Perhaps, you could ask them? Send an email to the NASA dudes, explaining you discovered these images were deleted, and ask them why they were deleted? Just a thought, and the basic Research 101 question....hmmm?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Even if the two pictures in question here are removed from the NASA site, there are probably yonks of enthusiasts sites that still have have the pictures, so there's no point!
If those are the orbital pictures, (it was supposed to be four orbits) some of the others may be in a different category, LM, surface etc;

Here's an index of the orbital pictures from one collector,

keithlaney.net...

One of the other missing hundreds,

www.lpi.usra.edu...
edit on 14-1-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It might go back to 1939 and the radio broadcast of 'war of the worlds' that caused mass panic, 'they' don't want anymore mass panics, bad for business!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Obviously, someone had a reason for deleting them. And, if nobody asks, then all we have are opinions, and we will never know the truth. So, if the OP tries to contact them to ask, I think that is a good first step, after all, the OP is the one that discovered they were deleted.

Seek the truth from the original source is all I'm saying. Seems that is the first thing before determining any ulterior motive....or starting a conspiracy.
(disclaimer - I did this boo boo recently in a thread I started, and regret it).

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
reply to post by smurfy

Obviously, someone had a reason for deleting them. And, if nobody asks, then all we have are opinions, and we will never know the truth. So, if the OP tries to contact them to ask, I think that is a good first step, after all, the OP is the one that discovered they were deleted.

Seek the truth from the original source is all I'm saying. Seems that is the first thing before determining any ulterior motive....or starting a conspiracy.
(disclaimer - I did this boo boo recently in a thread I started, and regret it).

NASA has a list of all those numbers, The two 'missing ones' are freely available and I've just added another above found by just googling the asa number. It's not a matter of pooh hooing, it's go and look. As for the video, I think the guy has fell out of his tree, as for two 'missing' pics, they aren't missing.

www.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 14-1-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

NASA has a list of all those numbers, The two 'missing ones' are freely available and I've just added another above found by just googling the asa number. It's not a matter of pooh hooing, it's go and look. As for the video, I think the guy has fell out of his tree, as for two 'missing' pics, they aren't missing.

Thanks Smurfy...looks like the "deletion" was not really any issue at all then.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I mean to say a door opened on the moons surface revealing blackness within and a circular fan like object of massive proportions. The second photo shows the same but taken few seconds after the first…and has a UFO coming out of the black doorway in the moon.

www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

A few seconds after the first? What? Look at the frame numbers: 10468 and 10511, that's 43 frames apart. Look at the terrain, the images are from entirely different locations.

OP...you need to learn to be a bit more discerning in what you post.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I mean to say a door opened on the moons surface revealing blackness within

I feel sorry for anyone buying into that based on that photo. Maybe the moon hoaxers will add that to their list of evidence.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I guess its, absence of evidence is evidence of aliens.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It says here that the photos in that range were used for stereo strip photography along the CSM ground track.

Magazine 80/W (B & W) Frames 10436-10642

This magazine was used for stereo strip photography along the CSM ground track.

Apollo 14 image library

I have no idea how they did the stereo strips, but I wonder if the thingy in the upper left corner was part of the process.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here's a link to a place that describes the cameras used during Apollo 11. It does mention them having stereoscopic equipment with them for the mission.

Apollo 14 Mission Photography

35-millimeter Lunar Surface Closeup Stereoscopic Camera. This camera, which was carried on the LM Modular Equipment Storage Assembly (MESA), was designed for the highest possible resolution for a stereo pair area with a flash illumination and fixed distance. Photography was accomplished by holding the camera on a walking stick against the object to be photographed. The camera was powered by four nickel-cadmium batteries that operated the motor-drive mechanism and an electronic flash strobe light.

And there's even a photo of one of the astronauts using that camera.

I wonder if there is more on the actual camera, and examples of the film used....these artifacts in the photos could be registration marks, used for proper alignment too....but that's just a guess on my part.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Magazine 80/W was in the Hycon Lunar Topographic Camera. I believe the section in the upper left of the image is where the timestamp would be.

Hycon Lunar Topographic Camera. This electrically operated
camera, which was carried aboard the Command Module, was a modified
KA-7A Aerial Reconnaissance Camera, which, when used, was mounted in
the crew access hatch window. A remote control box and interconnecting
cable provided automatic mode for strip photography or manual
mode for single frames. Variable Forward Motion Compensation (FMC)
allowed for the spacecraft orbital motion. For each frame exposed, a
small clock showing the day and time was simultaneously exposed to the
side of the frame. This photography was intended to support the objective
of obtaining high-resolution photography of future landing
sites and areas of scientific interest.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

edit on 1/14/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was just about to post the same thing

That's what they appear to be

EDIT to add:

Or is it an exposure of the stellar camera?

Each exposure of the terrain camera was accompanied by a stellar camera exposure of the star field to provide a means of determining the orientation of the spacecraft in space.

Source

edit on 14-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: Provided a better source link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join