It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Point Ammo Political/Legal Issues and Hollow Victories!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by OmegaLogos

There is no point winning a war if you loose the moral high ground by breaking the laws of war ok!

War..? Moral high ground..? What a mess...

I just purchased a box of Winchester 40 cal 155 grain silver tipped hollow points at Walmart for $45...

Not only do I feel comfortable loading my magazine with them, I can take out a werewolf...

Haha, yes! I just purchased a box of the Winchester silver tipped hollow points for my .45 a couple days ago and my roommate and I had a good laugh talking about how this ammo is ideal for all situations, even werewolves.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I don't get it at all. Its like someone did a Google search on bullets and wanted to write a thread about a little tidbit they found.
Each type of bullet has a purpose. You would not use a hallow point if you were bear hunting because the energy of the bullet would be depleted before it got to the vital organs.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Actually a 30-06 180 grain Fusion brand expanding core bullet is my preferred Bear Killing round. It uses a pressure formed lead powder core with a molecular fused copper jacket. It is the only type of round I trust to drop a bear with a single body shot to the heart lungs area.

edit on 3-2-2013 by endats01 because: keyboard error

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

Are they really silver tipped and if so why? It is a joke and I am too dense to notice right? figures.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Forgive me, but your thesis is weak, I believe. I'm not debating the relevance or legality of the mandate, however, I believe the exemptions written into the mandate apply to most situations involving the discharge of a firearm by either LEO or civilian. Whether its a LEO shooting a dangerous criminal or a private homeowner engaging a dangerous criminal, rules of Deadly Force apply and are legitimate. No one can intelligently argue against the need to effectively mitigate a criminal to avoid the further loss of life. This may be best accomplished through the use of hollow point ammunition. All my pistols are loaded with hollow point ammunition. No exceptions. Ballistic studies demonstrate the most effective results occurred via the use of hollow point ammo.

During a severe, catacalismic event, such as a Civil War, or any other social situation resulting in marshal law, I do not believe the use of hollow point ammunition will be a priority issue. Seeing as hollow point ammunition is legal I'm willing to bet this is not an issue that many people think about often. I find the topic a bit esoteric, if you will. While I do support the 2nd Amendment, and exercise my right to the best of my abilities, I do support firearm legislation that makes sense, is effective, and does Not single out law-abiding citizens. In these times of late, that's a tall order.

Thanks, Logos, for the thought-provoking thread. I'm not sure I support your ideas, however, this is one of many issues that might warrant further research.

Be well!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join