It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Newspaper Says.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The U.S. has forces specific to this region that would be capable of handling any Chinese threat. Those forces are stationed in this region anyways.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The UK, Israel and Japan are joining forces to fight China in order to grow their crumbling economies. They see pushing China away from there ever growing expansion as the only means for them to get a piece of the pie. The threat of US money being pulled back scares them into a war with China as there only hope. And they know the US is already pushing China in the Philippines.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikun
Another Gulf of Tonkin incident waiting to occur? I will not rule out a false flag from the Chinese this time around, for a full scale military grab for the islands. U.S. will join Japan, where Russia will back China. A world war in the making.

Could this be like 1938 all over? One of the first moves by the Nazis was the anexation of Czechoslovakia.Just like after WW1 are parts of the world burying their heads in the sand?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

China tends to flex it's muscle for the sake of Headlines as well to keep the idea that the Chinese Communist Party is capable of confronting the United States.

In reality...it is not.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
China traded more with Japan then the US in 2012. All though 45 years worth of oil under those Islands are a good enough reason to battle.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

France and Norway were Germany's largest trading partners prior to WW2.I agree that Oil and gas look's go to them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

They are only flexing there muscles now because they see three countries who are teaming up and another the US who is always poking its nose into things. The US they know how to deal with. The other three are stirring trouble as far as they see it. And if there is a war it will be over who controls the nation building in Africa. And a huge list of countries want that contract.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Bone75
Wow... what a time to take away our assault rifles huh? If I can't trust my government to pay their debts with my money to keep our economy going, why should I trust them to protect my family if an international coalition invades us.

We're not exactly "popular" right now if ya know what I mean. That's why I'm keeping my weapons.

What international coalition has the naval power to invade mainland America? Please tell me the strength of their navies vs the strength of the US Navy. I can save you the trouble if you'd like. Every nation in the world does not have the naval power to do so. The only countries which could invade us would be Canada and Mexico.

Do you really think we're the only people smart enough to pull something like this off?

What do you think a few of those could do to our Navy?

You just invalidated your entire argument. If that weapon can incapacitate a navy, and we have it, that means NO NAVY can EVER reach US shores. Thanks for proving me right.

Of course, your argument holds no water anyway. It is not as simple as you make it seem, army hardware is shielded against EMP strikes. US Carrier fleets also have the most advanced missile defense system in the world protecting them. You are beyond clueless. I do not say that in a way to demean you, I hope you do some research. Wait until we have nuclear powered FEL systems on carriers.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The U.S. has forces specific to this region that would be capable of handling any Chinese threat.

Famous last words.

Edit: Whoops, this is a argue war thread... my bad

I'm out.

edit on 13-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Kashai

First China floats boats and then a jet and the west is up in arms. Elements of US reserves then routed to region and arms sales spiral to Asian "allies".

If China and Russia had a pact to spread Americas defenses thinner around the world, that would be one way to accomplish it. And all they had to do was a "flyby".

Pretty smart. The result is less resources available for any upcoming Middle East push. They guarding some "islands" off Japan.

The change in the Pacific has been in the works for a long time and was going to happen either way. China did not alter anything. The two fleets in the Pacific can ragdoll both China and Russia together.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The U.S. has forces specific to this region that would be capable of handling any Chinese threat.

Famous last words.

I'm out.

Compare US forces in the Pacific with the Chinese naval forces. Then let me know what you think.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I see great minds do think alike.I gave that post a star.

But on great minds, I and humbled by your presence.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Before or after airstrikes on them? Do you think there is no plan to counter them?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

First China floats boats and then a jet and the west is up in arms. Elements of US reserves then routed to region and arms sales spiral to Asian "allies".

If China and Russia had a pact to spread Americas defenses thinner around the world, that would be one way to accomplish it. And all they had to do was a "flyby".

Pretty smart. The result is less resources available for any upcoming Middle East push. They guarding some "islands" off Japan.

Effectively today there no more powerfull Navy than, that of the United States...

Deployable Battle Force Ships: 283
Ships Underway (away from homeport): 124 ships (44% of total)
On deployment: 104 ships (37% of total)
Attack submarines underway (away from homeport): 30 submarines (55%)
On deployment: 20 submarines (37%)

wiki.answers.com...

And that is officially

Under the circumstances no real way to "thin" them out...

Any thoughts?

edit on 13-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The thing is China does not have any real ability to wage war unless it would be on their own soil. If China would be so stupid as to challenge the enormously powerful U.S. Military presence in the Pacific it would loose badly.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Awww...shucks.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Famous last words.

I'm out.

Compare US forces in the Pacific with the Chinese naval forces. Then let me know what you think.

Already been done. Not by me either. You're depending on carriers and they are obsolete as far as new sub technology and smart mines, missiles, both land and sea based. Carrirers are LSTs (Large Slow Targets). They can be overwhelmed the way bush men used to overwhelm elephants. They shoot a 1000 arrows into them. The elephant stomps and trumpets but eventually is overcome.

Here... read it for yourself.

Generally Speaking

Now I'm out.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

They would not start a war with the US. But the other three Israel, UK and Japan they are pushing back on. India has been sucking all the jobs up as China keeps raising there minimum wage. China would be hurt very badly if Israel,UK and Japan manage to push China around and take contracts and supplies China has or our in line for. The US just wants to play in the Philippines and stop China from rigging elections and using them as a puppet. Bad thing is the US will use them the same way if they get control. India is Chinas biggest economic foe the last few years. India has been taking all the contracts from China. But China can't let three more countries do it or they will be in trouble.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Famous last words.

I'm out.

Already been done. Not by me either. You're depending on carriers and they are obsolete as far as new sub technology and smart mines, missiles, both land and sea based. Carrirers are LSTs (Large Slow Targets). They can be overwhelmed the way bush men used to overwhelm elephants. They shoot a 1000 arrows into them. The elephant stomps and trumpets but eventually is overcome.

Here... read it for yourself.

Generally Speaking

Now I'm out.

Is that why China is building a Carrier fleet? Because they are obsolete? The ignorance is astounding.

Great link you posted.

As the aircraft carrier battle groups advance, China draws out one of its "trump cards" by leaking to the world media that it is dumping its holdings of US Treasury bonds and shifting to gold and euros.

Actually what would happen is the US would simply cancel the debt. China would lose a trillion+ in an instant.

China's secret parasite satellites and space mines will render the entire US military worthless.

The assassin's mace: China's anti-satellite weapons
Glee and ecstasy soon turn to shock as monitor screens suddenly go blank. Then all communication via satellites goes dead. China has drawn its second "trump card" (the assassin's mace) by activating its maneuverable "parasite" micro-satellites that have unknowingly clung to vital (NORAD) radar and communication satellites and have either jammed, blinded or physically destroyed their hosts.

This is complemented by space mines that maneuver near adversary satellites and explode. Secret Chinese and Russian ground-based anti-satellite laser weapons also blind or bring down US and British satellites used for C4ISR (command, control, communication, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance). And to ensure redundancy and make sure that the adversary C4ISR system is completely "blinded" even temporarily, hundreds of select Chinese and Russian information warriors (hackers) specifically trained to attack their adversary's C4ISR systems simultaneously launch their cyber offensive.

Great work of fiction. Every response in the link YOU posted says it's complete crap, totally unrealistic. Thank you for adding more weight to my argument, and killing yours some more.
edit on 13-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

When you speak of an Air-craft Carrier it is perhaps important to refer to an air-craft carrier group...

usmilitary.about.com... .htm

Then of course there is something one the scale of the 6th fleet...

en.wikipedia.org...

Any thoughts?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join