It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Newspaper Says.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

www.businessinsider.com

After repeatedly flying surveillance aircraft into disputed airspace with Japan, which made Tokyo scramble F-15s in response, China sent fighters of its own on Thursday into the East China Sea.

A Friday press release out of China confirms the incident began when Beijing was flying a Shaanxi Y-8 on a "routine Thursday patrol" over the "oil and gas fields in the East China Sea."

The fact that the aircraft was a Shaanxi Y-8 is interesting in that the Y-8 isn't necessarily any one particular aircraft.

The Diplomat calls the Y-8 a transport plane, and it can be, but the aircraft h
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.f orbes.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.rappler.com
www.smh.com.au
edit on 13-1-2013 by Kashai because: atempt to edit

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All things considered China is threating global war, in relation to trying to control these islands. Again the cause of war is a matter of recourses. This could very well explain why the United States has begun moving its naval recourses into the pacific The current real threat to world peace is China. In its effort to expand in a world where all recourses have been indented and defined as belonging to a valid sovereign nation.

In this case Japan.

Any thoughts?

www.businessinsider.com
edit on 13-1-2013 by Kashai because: modfed content

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Another Gulf of Tonkin incident waiting to occur? I will not rule out a false flag from the Chinese this time around, for a full scale military grab for the islands. U.S. will join Japan, where Russia will back China. A world war in the making.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A better thread title will attract more viewers. And more viewers should like to see this story as it has information regarding rising tensions between China and Japan.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Ok tried to change the title.

The fact of the matter is China by this action is threatening world peace.

Any thoughts?

edit on 13-1-2013 by Kashai because: added thoughts

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

China is beyond outclassed militarily in this region by the U.S. Navy. Add to this the ability of the USAF to strike anytime anywhere and it makes China appear to be just Bitching about Energy.

China is well aware that should it take any military action agaist Japan the U.S. is obligated to defend Japan. China is also aware that it could not even come close to winning such a battle.

It makes one wonder just exactly what they are up to.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
China traded more with Japan then the US in 2012. All though 45 years worth of oil under those Islands are a good enough reason to battle.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikun
Another Gulf of Tonkin incident waiting to occur? I will not rule out a false flag from the Chinese this time around, for a full scale military grab for the islands. U.S. will join Japan, where Russia will back China. A world war in the making.

I dont believe that Russia will "back" China. Theyre shrewd.. they wont even "back" their buds in Syria.. yet they will arm them and help in that way. If youre talking about Russian mil and our mil? I do not believe that is an issue that is even a thought in this matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow... what a time to take away our assault rifles huh? If I can't trust my government to pay their debts with my money to keep our economy going, why should I trust them to protect my family if an international coalition invades us.

We're not exactly "popular" right now if ya know what I mean. That's why I'm keeping my weapons.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

www.businessinsider.com

After repeatedly flying surveillance aircraft into disputed airspace with Japan, which made Tokyo scramble F-15s in response, China sent fighters of its own on Thursday into the East China Sea.

A Friday press release out of China confirms the incident began when Beijing was flying a Shaanxi Y-8 on a "routine Thursday patrol" over the "oil and gas fields in the East China Sea."

The fact that the aircraft was a Shaanxi Y-8 is interesting in that the Y-8 isn't necessarily any one particular aircraft.

The Diplomat calls the Y-8 a transport plane, and it can be, but the aircraft h

Related News Links:
www.f orbes.com
www.guardian.co.uk
www.rappler.com
www.smh.com.au
edit on 13-1-2013 by Kashai because: atempt to edit

freebeacon.com...

According to Chinese civil defense officials quoted Dec. 5 in the Global Times, a newspaper published by the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee, the subway can “withstand a nuclear or poison gas attack.”

A U.S. official said the disclosure of the subway’s capabilities to withstand attack is unusual since it highlights Beijing’s strategic nuclear modernization program, something normally kept secret from state-controlled media. The strategic nuclear buildup includes the expansion of offensive nuclear forces, missile defenses, and anti-satellite arms.

China is building new long-range mobile missiles, including the DF-41, and plans to deploy up to eight new ballistic missile submarines. Reports from Asia indicate the Chinese military is also planning to build new long-range strategic nuclear bombers.

A wise leader hopes for the best while preparing for the worse.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taikun

China would not start a war any time soon. My belief is that they are trying to intimidate the other Pacific nations. The US would back Japan with the full might of our military, and China would be in ruins within weeks. Russia would never back China, and if they did they too would be annihilated, it would take most likely a few months for both nations to surrender, with almost no US casualties. Both countries combined could not dent the US Navy, they would be blockaded, bombed, and become withering hulks. They would be forced to repay huge reparations, and would be a huge coup for the US and the US economy.

Never happen.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Kashai

It makes one wonder just exactly what they are up to.

Split Infinity

Following the teachings of their Art of War, you want to make your enemy look where you do not plan to strike. I believe this is being done to draw attention to Japan, and off the other Pacific nations which are China's real targets. They are in disputes with literally every nation in the region, and are attempting to bully them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Wow... what a time to take away our assault rifles huh? If I can't trust my government to pay their debts with my money to keep our economy going, why should I trust them to protect my family if an international coalition invades us.

We're not exactly "popular" right now if ya know what I mean. That's why I'm keeping my weapons.

What international coalition has the naval power to invade mainland America? Please tell me the strength of their navies vs the strength of the US Navy. I can save you the trouble if you'd like. Every nation in the world does not have the naval power to do so. The only countries which could invade us would be Canada and Mexico.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You very well could be right.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What makes this even more insane in relation to China threating a US interest like Japan is in relation to how much food China receives from the US...

PDF file

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You very well could be right.

Split Infinity

Time will tell, part of me hopes China is stupid enough to start a war. Best to destroy them now, in 20 or 30 years they may become an actual threat. The best scenario is no war, and their leadership changes and good relations established. I highly doubt this though, China has believes itself to be the center of the Universe for thousands of years, and all others are barbarians beneath them. Rome believed that as well, but for the most part the West no longer thinks that way (for the most part I said!).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If Russia and china did goto war with the US, there would be no winners. The world would be screwed. Anyway, I think it would be wise for Russia to not join in. They would benefit if the US and china goto war. China would be beaten and the US would be pretty sore as well. Also Russia could see what the US really has under its belt.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Bone75

What international coalition has the naval power to invade mainland America? Please tell me the strength of their navies vs the strength of the US Navy. I can save you the trouble if you'd like. Every nation in the world does not have the naval power to do so. The only countries which could invade us would be Canada and Mexico.

Do you really think we're the only people smart enough to pull something like this off?

What do you think a few of those could do to our Navy?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Unfortunately the Chinese Communist Party is well known to believe that it's Military is far more capable than it really is.

The vast majority of Chinese People long for a Democracy but the Communist System is just so large and so ingrained with everyday life...it will take time.

A U.S. Chinese War would be a tradjedy but the only way this would ever happen if China was stupid.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

First China floats boats and then a jet and the west is up in arms. Elements of US reserves then routed to region and arms sales spiral to Asian "allies".

If China and Russia had a pact to spread Americas defenses thinner around the world, that would be one way to accomplish it. And all they had to do was a "flyby".

Pretty smart. The result is less resources available for any upcoming Middle East push. They guarding some "islands" off Japan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join