It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth-Sized Alien Worlds Orbit One in Six Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Loved this thought i would let the ATS'er know.

cooolll :-)

discovery.com

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
17 billion planets orbiting stars in our little galaxy, yep, those aliens are out there, just wish they'd hurry up and come down and whisk me away from this lunatic asylum

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
theres a one-in-one chance, that all these odds of finding interesting planets...amount to zero
untill we actually find one!!

call me then

peace
edit on 13-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
17 billion planets orbiting stars in our little galaxy, yep, those aliens are out there, just wish they'd hurry up and come down and whisk me away from this lunatic asylum

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Careful what you wish for.

So long as they dont want to - probe me!!! or eat me, then it wouldnt be any worse than being stuck on this crazy planet.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Unless you're into anal probing

For real though.... if you give any credence to the alien visitation testimonies, it seems the ones close by are real jerks.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ravon300

It seems the space and earthbound telescopes searching for these planets has paid off, and paid off well. I mentioned this before here, but I was at the press conference where the first other-sun solar system was announced, mid-'90s sometime, in Madison, Wisconsin during a Astronomical Society conference. That was a fun event, and I still have the press kit from it.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Wow that sounds cool to be at...I do think it not gonna take long now for us to find somthing intresting out there just hope its in my life time..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ravon300

Programs for up coming missions to find out "what is going on" at some of these planets were looking at (solar systems discovered out there) in our neiborhood.

Soon NASA will tell us if theres earth - like atmosphere in some.

The list below includes all the institutions, instruments, missions, and technology programs that are a part of the Exoplanet Exploration Program. Click on each picture for more information about that specific element.

exep.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

top topics

join