It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic League's Bill Donohue Suggests Obama Should Swear In On Marx's 'Das Kapital'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, that sounds reasonable to me. His presidency has been defined by all kinds of "isms", and Marxism is one of them.

SOURCE

Catholic League president Bill Donohue on Friday published a news release, in which he suggested that President Barack Obama should swear in on "Das Kapital" -- Karl Marx's famous analysis of political economy -- rather than the Bible.

As the New Civil Rights Movement notes, Donohue's comments had been published as a response to recent remarks made by MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell about the controversy surrounding Pastor Louie Giglio.

The problem for O’Donnell is not Giglio, it’s the Bible. He says the practice of presidents putting their hand on the Bible is “one of our most absurdist [sic] traditions.” Furthermore, he says that because Obama embraces the gay agenda, he should not swear on the Bible. The point is not without merit. Given Obama’s ideology, perhaps it would make more sense for him to swear on "Das Kapital."

edit on Sun Jan 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Really? This guy is still in the news? Anyone who does accept Jesus as their savior above all else is a commie in his book. Guys like him have killed the catholic Church because their hate for the lower classes throws in the face of what Jesus taught. Nothing this guy says is worth hearing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Really? This guy is still in the news? Anyone who does accept Jesus as their savior above all else is a commie in his book. Guys like him have killed the catholic Church because their hate for the lower classes throws in the face of what Jesus taught. Nothing this guy says is worth hearing.

Like a broken clock that still has the right time twice a day, even this )(&(&*T could be right once in a while. But the rest of his views are, well I cannot really say what I think here without calling down the wrath of the mods on myself.

The Koran, Das Kapital, Mein Kampf and any number of other books would be more appropriate for him to swear into office on than the bible.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
By the way, this story is a perfect example of why a story should be vetted before posting. This is the headline for the story on the first site I saw it on; "Obama to Swear In On Marx’s ‘Das Kapital’". If I had posted that straight from my first source I would have been ridiculed, and rightly so.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The President should swear in on the Holy Bible because that has been tradition since long before anyone up his family tree heard of America as a place to check out. We need not destroy quite EVERY tradition all at once now just to see what chaos can come from that, IMO.

The Anti-God - All Ways - All the time by some in media is also what I'd call far far past old. It's starting to feel like a systematic attack in some ways.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The President should swear in on the Holy Bible because that has been tradition since long before anyone up his family tree heard of America as a place to check out. We need not destroy quite EVERY tradition all at once now just to see what chaos can come from that, IMO.

The Anti-God - All Ways - All the time by some in media is also what I'd call far far past old. It's starting to feel like a systematic attack in some ways.

A president should swear in on the book of their choice. Unless you are going to force a religion on someone. Because that is the basis for swearing on the bible so they wouldn't lie.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Maybe the biblethumper should actually read the bible because he doesn't seem to be too familiar with it. Since when did the bible or the Catholic religion start to worry about profit? Isn't the one of main point's of the bible is to care for one another?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

A president should swear in on the book of their choice. Unless you are going to force a religion on someone. Because that is the basis for swearing on the bible so they wouldn't lie.

Fortunately, it's a moot point and we won't have to know which he may have chosen in another time or place. He's already stated he'd be swearing in on the Holy Bible that was the choice of our former President, Abraham Lincoln.

I don't care for the symbolism of the choice, given that Lincoln rode the nation INTO as well as back out of it's darkest days for it's short history. He chose well on The Book already, so the topic was academic to start with. The seeming hunt for new traditions to go after is something I've come to marvel at though.

new topics

top topics

join