It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Experiences.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have had my own which i will write in this opening post but i was just wondering if anyone else has had there own personal experiences with what they believe to be UFOs ?

Introduction

The following passages are tales from history and my personal experiences with what i believe to be unidentified flying objects. The subject of these UFOs is something i have had a very strong interest in since as long as i can remember, the thought of people coming from deep within the universe always fancinated me and captivted my mind to the extent i would sit and think about where these crafts could have came from for hours. This being said i cannot pinpoint what started this fascination, it was not a movie that triggered my thoughts of this or a book i read it was just something that always seemed to be inside me.

Personally i hold a firm view on UFOs. I do not like to believe vague stories with little or no evidence of the foretold events, due to my firm stance i have been able to investigate some of my believed sightings and explain the as natural phenomena or man made events.
I will start with my first fully explainable experience.

The Strange Lights

It was a pretty cold autumn night and i was out with two of my close friends at the time. I was eleven or twelve years old, around the age where my interest in the paranormal and UFOs really intensified. On the night in question though it was a strange affair, we had been out and about messing around playing juvenile games such as chap door run and Grande (which involves running through gardens jumping hedges in a row, like the famous horse race the Grand National, hence the name) because in Falkirk there really is nothing to do apart from mess around or walk around. Anyway after our childish games we began to walk home along Carmuirs Avenue which is a long row of what can only be described a Council houses or low income housing for anyone outwith the United Kingdom.
As we walked along this corridor of dull un-interesting housing my friend noticed what could only be described at the time as UFOs. It was a formation of circular lights in the night sky visible underneath the cloud cover. They were in a sort of circular formation with one light in the center and five lights of equal size circling the internal light. We were absoloutley captivated by these lights as we walked we could barely break our gaze from them. At the time it was incredible we were seeing something we could not explain and it felt sort of scary but the fear was over run by adrenaline and what can only be described as excitement of the highest order, but that excitement was crushed by shattering disappointment.
The explanation of it all was disappointing. It turns out the lights we saw were a light show at the Falkirk Wheel which is a popular tourist attraction near where we live. But even knowing the soul destroying result of what we saw i was still intrigued as to if anything of real substance was out there. I will never forget the feelings i felt on that day the excitement and the adrenaline of thinking we had stumbled upon something truly out of this world was imense. It was at this point my fascination truly had taken a hold of me, I wanted to know the answer of that all important question. Is there really intelligent life out there.
So this brings me to my next UFO encounter which was unexplainable but rather uneventful but in my experience through events ive read and things ive experienced some of the most uneventful instances are the most believable and hold the most truth, as they are not an over exaggerated sci-fi tale but some-one explaining something that shocked them and that they could not explain through common logic.
Which brings me onto experience number two.

The disappearing star

It was a clear night and there was not a cloud in the sky. I must have been fourteen and was sat on the wall out the front of my friends house, we were looking up at the sky as we did many nights hoping to see something and on this night we were not disapointed. We had been scanning the sky for roughly an hour when we saw a star that was slowly moving across the night sky, much slower than a plane would move, infact it looked like it was barely moving atall, but believe me it was.
We watched this small star pass across the night sky for ten minutes when all of a sudden it seemed to stop and get bigger, it must have tripled in size maybe more. It sat still for what seemed like an eternity, a still glow in the night sky. It sat still for atleast ten minutes when all of a sudden it glowed alot brighter, it was infact alot brighter than ever other star in the sky at this point. It was at this point it seemed to get a bit bigger and continued to gain intensity. When in an instant it had a final bright flash and looked like it disapeared into the distance like it was travelling away from us and disapeared.
To this day i cannot explain what i saw, apart from saying it was an Unidentified Flying Object. I have posted this story on some message boards and spoke to some other people who share a deep interest in UFOs about it and the only explanation that seemed remotely explainable was that it was a star that was dying, but in my opinion i do not think it was that as this thing moved across the sky before it sat still and gained intensity. Another explanation was that it was a Chinease lantern, now i have witnessed many chinease lanterns in the sky and they glow red not white like this light does. I cannot explain the sighting, but i can explain how it made me feel. It filled me with the magic that my first sighting filled me with the excitement of the great unknown.
Shortly after this sighting was when i really started to get involved and started to research UFOs and the solar system. I spent many days at the library looking at books and studying images of UFOs on the libraries free internet as i currently did not have it at home.
That all changed when i was sixteen and got internet at home. This was the real turning point for me.
When i got the internet at home it changed everything for me. Instead of spending a few hours at the library studying images and stories i could now spend countless hours browsing the vast web finding new stories and new pictures.
I can remember the first time i went on YouTube to look at UFO videos. I was in awe of how many there were, all be it the majority of them were fake. I used to sit for hours watching them until i found a good channel that took videos and debunked them, they broke down the video and used different light filters and techniques to expose the fakes. It was a good channel i used to love the excitement i felt when they couldn't debunk one, even if it wasn't a spaceship or a flying saucer atleast it was something truely unexplainable.
After i became more at home on the web and knew how to find stuff better i expanded away from YouTube and into the world of internet forums. Just some small independant websites for people like me with an interest, but i was young when i browsed the sites alot of the users were older so i never signed up for any as i didn't want to be discredited just because of my age, so i lurked in the proverbial corner just reading posts and looking at images people had uploaded to these sights. I found it fascinating that there was so many people out there that had the same interest as me and that found everything as captivating as i did because until this point i had thought that being interested in UFOs and other unexplained phenomena was looked upon as strange and unscoiable, not something you really want to bring up in conversation. When i found people like me though that were interested in the same things as i was it filled me with hope that one day the existance of UFOs would be widely accepted.
Now i spent the next few years living my normal life whilst going online to have a browse when i could, but i never saw anything unexplainable until i was twenty. This experience changed me because until this point all i had saw was unexplainable lights in the sky, but this was different. This truely was something else.

The silhouette

I had been out along the main street to get my dinner from the take away shop and it was that time of night just after dusk when its just getting dark but isn't quite there yet. Now I always scanned the sky as i walked, from an early age it was just something i done due to my fascination. Almost home passing the front of Rossvail School something caught my eye in the distance above the roof of Rossvail, now it wasn't above the roof i was some way away in the distance.
It was a bright red light, I mean very bright. At first i thought it was a Chinease lantern. I watched it anyway because it mystified me, but soon i would see what it truely was. As i watched it coast across the sky in a south easterly direction (I know this was the direction because the Ochill Hills were behind me and they are to the north of falkirk where i live).It moved silently and smoothly, it looked truely effortless. I was still under the impression it was a Chinease lantern, little did i know how wrong i was.
As i watched it move seemlessly across the ever darkening sky the red light turned off and i could see a silhouette of something that by no means was a Chinease lantern. It was a craft like none i had ever seen before. It was a long craft in a sort of prism shape, from the front it would look like a diamond and from below it would look like a kite traveling long side to the front if you know what i mean. Anyway i could see this silhouette of a craft, it was not a plane as it had no wings and was certainaly not a helicopter.It then proceeded to fly south east until it flew far enough away that i could no longer see the craft. It was something strange that i truely could not explain and still to this day cannot explain.
This experience filled me with fear though and not the excitement the others have, as the others were mearly unexplained lights in the sky, where as this was not just an unexplained light this was a solid object which i could see with my own eyes. It was however truely amazing and i could not believe what i had just saw. I phoned my girlfiend in a frenzy of emotions and told her what i saw, she just thought i had been drinking and was making it up as some sort of joke as she knew i was interested in this sort of thing. After being shunned by her thinking i was crazy i phoned my mother which may seem a little pathetic but i had to tell someone what i had saw. She was at work, she worked in a local shop and when i told her she said that one of her cutomers had came in and said he saw a strange light. It was at this point i knew i was not the only person who saw this thing.
A couple of days later i checked the internet and there was a few reports of people from around the central scotland area who saw what i saw at the same time. This felt good that i was not seeing things. Not as many people saw it as i had hoped though.
This is where the story gets weird though. A year later, Give or take a few days i got home from football and signed on to Facebook for a bit of a chat and saw that alot of people had seen an unexplained red light in central Scotland where i saw the red light almost a year earlier. I know this because the new Facebook timeline at the time showed your comments from a year ago and it was a couple of days after this influx of red light posts that i saw on the timeline my post about the UFO from a year earlier. It was so freaky and weird. It was like the craft that i had saw was revisiting the same area a year after. Although i cannot be sure of this because i did not see the red light the second time it appeared, but i do think it is very strange that a year earlier i had saw my red light.
The experience of the silhouette changed my view on UFOs. It is the only time i have saw something that was not a ghostly light but a solid craft. I am now a fully fledged believer and since that day i have studied alot of UFO incidents and studied the theory of Ancient Aliens really exstensively.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Snoopie because: Adding more content

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Thanks for sharing your experiences of UFO's.

I have experiences of these too, as have many others on ATS, I have written about mine on a thread and various posts on other threads, obviously you are welcome to read these though I won't detail them here as it takes too long and I don't like talking about it most of the time as it sort of affects me physically and I cannot be bothered listening to trolls and arguing those that refuse to believe. Mine are all true and I would like to say, however true, when people are reporting their experiences on here, there seems a major presence that are just there as detractors, I would ignore them if they appear and to not let it sway that which you know as true.

That aside, did you feel any connection to the diamond shaped UFO, you said it caused fear as it was solid and real and unknown but do you think it was aware of you, or containing any particular vibe attached to it?

Also the sightings a year after, did any say it was a similar shape or just a light?

Are there any newspaper reports you could do an internet search for that would confirm these sightings?.This would add credence to your report.

this thread is about a diamond shaped UFO in the same geographical area, is it the same incident?
www.abovetopsecret.com... and this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-1-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your observations. I've only had two very small "incidents" in my life related to objects in the sky that I can't explain.

The first was when I was very young, not sure the age, awake in the late evening after dark. I was in bed, scrunched up to peer out my window, looking up at the stars that were high overhead. It was summer and we had no air conditioning, so I had the window open to catch any hope of a breeze (two-story house--very hot and sticky upstairs at night!).

I watched the stars for maybe 10 minutes, and realized one star moved. It couldn't be, I thought to myself. But it was moving. Not like any airplane, not across the sky. No blinking lights of a commercial aircraft. This "star" just started to move around, in slow, lazy non-sensical patterns in a very tight area of the sky, high in the sky. Meaning, not a circle, not a square or diamond, not a back and forth sweep--just any which way, in a tiny area of the night sky. All the other stars stayed in the same spots. No cloud cover. This wasn't "twinkling"--this was moving.

I was a kid, maybe eight years old or so, and I knew something wasn't right about what I was seeing. I wanted to tell my brother, but he was younger than me, so I figured he wouldn't get it. I couldn't wake my parents up, as they'd have a fit and yell at me. So, I finally got creeped out and curled up to go to sleep.

Always, always looked up--all my life--but never saw anything weird again. Until this past summer, on a day off of work, in the middle of a blue-sky, chem-trail-free day. I was in my yard, reading and sipping ice tea, enjoying my day and the lovely weather. Something made me look up--and nearly overhead (I was sitting, facing west), way up in the empty blue sky was this white thing. No, not a bug, not a high up seagull or bird, not a balloon, not an airplane or helicopter. Just this oval-ish white thing (oval shape was horizontal, not vertical like a balloon), Didn't look silver or metallic. No lights that I could see.

I watched it move silently towards the northeast, still wondering what the heck it was. And then it got weird. It just stopped. I jumped up from my lawn chair, a little alarmed, and took a few steps into the middle of the yard, just watching it. It stood still, then it moved "backwards" -- and the moved slowly around in odd configurations in a small patch of the sky. It did not seem to me to be going up or down, as it didn't appear to get larger or smaller in any way. It seemed so high, so far, but bigger or closer than a high-flying transcontinental airliner would be (besides, those appear to be little specks, with tiny chem or contrails behind them, and the plane's body usually glints in the sun)--and of course, an airliner wouldn't stop in the middle of the sky and pause, then turn in odd angles. It paused again--and I'm not kidding, for a moment I thought, "does it see me seeing it?" And I felt a weird rush of twilight zone music in my brain
And then it started moving again, but all my large trees were in the way and I lost sight of it. I ran to the front yard, in the direction it had appeared to be travelling, but saw nothing. I went in the back--nothing.

I know there could be logical explanations for both, but I personally can't explain them. Maybe someone else can.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

You might find this interesting, a post by Have you seen them in the thread titled "Interdimensional Being ?". At the top of page 2 there is a picture, then at the top of page 3 an explanation of the picture. It might be what you saw although you might not guess it from the picture until you read the explanation. I hope this helps.
Link

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have had one notable sighting, I think in 1989.... May or June. I was with a group of friends walking along the beach , on a paved bike path in Hamilton, Ont. There was this red platform some distance into Lake Ontario, and I had just looked in that direction and saw a silver ball like thing hovering above it and to the left. It seemed relatively small, and Just as I saw it, it took off at an indescribable speed, toward the Burlington direction, but shooting out of sight - It disappeared in the distance, and I turned to a buddy of mine, and judging by the dropped jaw look on his face, I could tell he observed the same. I asked him, and everyone else, "Did you see that?!", and sure enough he admitted he did. No one else in the group had, so that was pretty much the end of it.

E.T.A - It was just about dusk when this happened.
edit on 1/13/2013 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I had a sighting of a huge bright white light, it was just across the road and just above the rooftops. This happened while they had Hadians Wall lit up with coloured lights inside weather balloons last year, so I had to consider the possibility that what I was looking at was a balloon.

There was nothing to make me think it was a balloon and it was travelling towards the wall not away from it. It was shaped like a ship but not like a ship, it's hard to explain. It was a cigar shape with housing on top like the bridge of a ship. I couldn't find any reports of anyone else seeing this light but it was huge, how could I be the only one to see it?

About 3 months later in December I saw a light flash on and off, this happened twice in just a few seconds, I can't help wondering if that was "them" just letting me know "yes it was us".
I didn't report what I saw but I did do a thread about it including my crazy thoughts and mistakes at the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

I did a google search just now and looked at a ton of daytime white orb ufo clips--this one seems to look the most like what I saw. Except what I saw last summer was in a cloudless sky, just one (not multiple) and a tad less "bright." It hung around for about 5 minutes, just slowly moving about in a small area of the sky, nearly overhead. At some points, it just stopped moving and remained motionless, which was eerie.

I am a newbie and don't know how to include, attach or embed videos. But wanted to respond to you to show you what it did resemble.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

To ember a youtube video, C&P the URL code after the = in the youtube address bar and enter into ''VID:YOUTUBE'' when posting. Here is the video you posted.

edit on 13-1-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

You sound legit of your sightings, sir, thanks for the info. If I move to Great Britain, I would know to look around, especially since you have had quite of sightings in the UK.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi all, I have been holding this experience with me for a long time, and this is just the thread to post it in! I was in Adelaide, South Australia when I had 2 unrelated wierd experiences. First one i was renting a room in a house with a family who told me about a time when they were followed in their car by a bright white light on the great ocean road from Melbourne for an hour at about fence height. They said they just kept praying and eventually it went away. Well my room at their home had a single bed which was right under a big window and out the window was the back yard completely fenced in with high walls where they had a dog. I was sleeping and it was around 5 am pitch black, and I heard this screeching sound that to me sounded half animal and half human, and I was so scared I was paralyzed in the dark not moving for fear. I heard the dog barking, and I got the courage to look out the window cause the outside light went on like an automatic detector light, and I saw the dog with all its hair standing up lunging at the fence. Whatever it was went away, but to this day I have no idea what it was, it was loud, sounded half human like it was dying or something, and there are no animals that I know if in an Adelaide suburb that could make that noise. The second experience, I was working as a personal care support worker for a man with cancer while I was studying at uni, and every afternoon we would throw bread or seeds out on the lawn to feed the rosella's and magpies,, anyway, we both happened to sit down at the same time in these deep chairs, and you know wheb you look up after sitting back, well we both did that, and as we looked up, there was a big, all I can describe it as was a "shiplike" huge craft of some sort partially in the clouds hovering silent and it had a big white light that was shining through the cloud, and then the light turned upwards as I am watching, just like a massive spotlight turning around and pointing up, and this craft silent disapeared in a second straight up. it was dark grey, and massive but as i say it was partially in the cloud like it was hiding. I turned and looked at the man beside me and asked him did you see that? He was speechless, and saw exactly the same thing that I did. To this day I have no explanation. So there is my story, and I have always wondered if anyone else has seen or heard anything like that before but I must say Australia has crazy ufo's and or beings.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I saw a very large trianglar on over downtown richmond virginia in broad daylight a few years back around 8 am or so. I was in traffic and could see details on the surface of the craft a few other moterists saw it as well. It hovered a few hundred feet above the buildings in the area and I can attest that nothing man made had these kind of capabilities. Havent seen one before or since but it was enough to make me belive there is something much smarter than us out there in the cosmos and it has some interest in us for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My Two Experiencesreply to post by Snoopie

A link to a thread I created a couple of weeks ago, describing my two sightings.

My Two Experiences

edit on 13-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I only joined 2 months before you and I just learned how to do links, I'm not ready to try videos yet.

I see, it was like in the video but not like that, I do know what you mean. I wonder what you would have seen if it had come closer because my sighting just looked like an orb when it flew off into the distance.

I remember reading a thread where a member claimed they took her/him in an egg shaped pod and there have been other reports of egg/oval shaped UFOs so you're not alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Great story OP. It's a frightening experience for sure. Thank you for sharing yours.
A S&F for you.

A lot of people have read my experience already, but for those who haven't, here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back in the early 1970's I looked out the window one night and saw a huge white light in the sky, about the size of a dime if you held it up to the sky. It was really bright. You could tell it wasn't still; it was kind of hovering. As I stood watching it trying to figure out what it was there were 5 or 6 smaller objects that came out of the bottom of the large craft and took off into space! I just stood there with my mouth open. The large object stayed in the same location until I finally got tired of standing there, and went back to the living room. I grew up in the country, so there were no street lights blocking out the night sky. I continued to see UFOs in the sky after that. They would go in crazy directions, stop, zigzag, and take off from a dead stop to being gone from view in a split second! All these just appeared as a bright round light from a distance, but could have been a different shape up close. Some appeared to flash different colors. My close encounter was went I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me. Once I placed my order I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all! As it approached just above the tree tops across the road it stopped flipping, and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam that went right beside my car in the parking lot! I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking! No one answered, and actually, everyone seemed to be suspended in time, no one was moving at all! After the light beam passed my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've never had an expirence, but still waiting to see one or see a Grey

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Ive had a disappearing star sighting as well, when I was on a walk during the fall and saw an incredibly bright star. over the duration of about 5 seconds I watched dim until it was gone. The other one I saw was with my brother we both saw what looked like a moving star, which also disapeared

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thanks for your post! It was fascinating to read! I have had my own experiences too, and I will share them below;

It would've been about 8 months ago or more now, shortly before I joined this site (after lurking for a LONG time). My Mum asked me to take out the Bins to the sidewalk as we do every single Wednesday night. And for some strange reason I stopped in the middle of the Driveway and looked up at the sky. I can't remember why I did it, but all I know is my body 'needed' to do so. Upon looking up, I saw a star cruising across a region of sky. First forward, then back slowly.

My first reaction was to stare at it in wonder. I remember thinking "Wow!", but that turned to instantaneous bewilderment and indescribable excitement when the 'star' stopped, then seemed to shoot away leaving a streak of light behind it which faded out after about a second. There was nothing left in its spot but black interstellar space as viewable from Earth.

I quickly placed the Bin on the sidewalk and ran inside to tell my Mother that I'd just seen what I thought was some kind of phenomenon. Be it a real ETV or not, I was excited. All I could do was tremble.

This was after maybe a year and a half of my being really into Space-related Movies, TV Shows and Documentaries. Home alone one day I felt compelled to research famous UFO/ETV sightings and watch documentaries like Ancient Aliens and Through The Wormhole/THE UNIVERSE and others.

I've also experienced what I swear is a time slip. Wide awake after a can of energy drink (I'd just needed to finish an assignment at Uni) and I was on the train home. That is normally an hour long journey from the CBD of Melbourne to my suburb, but I simply felt the train accelerate, I turned my head and suddenly we were slowing down pulling up at my station. Sure enough, an hour had passed. But I certainly did not sleep, blink or anything. It had been about ten seconds since I sat in my seat. Such a strange experience!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I do have experiences with both "alien" abduction and ufo sightings, with time slips, paranormal, God, prayer..if they won't believe others who have shared their experiences, then they won't believe me either. What I did was pray to Jesus, asking him to show me the truth about whether "aliens" were real. Prayer answered, told some people, some responded with ridicule, others shared their own experiences. Some people, like myself need to have things spelled out for them, I just did as I was taught in the bible, to go to the source of truth, ask Jesus.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thank you for every ones replies i really enjoyed reading all your experiences.

I look forward to reading even more

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I posted already about a missing time event that happened to my identical twin brother and I when we were in school 30 years ago. Now I'm reading about Grays and their cloning and I'm wondering.
But here was a dream I had about two weeks ago. I was in my kitchen and some men were there. They were supposedly government agents, feds of some kind. I didn't like them or trust them and we were being detained until someone arrived. They seemed smug and shifty. Outside I heard a noise in the backyard in the darkness. I was at the sink and tapped on the window trying to scare away whatever it was. Immediately I heard a hiss or a groan in my mind that was a warning. I was not to do anything aggressive to "THEM." I then saw what was out there... the Grays. They looked about man sized and were somewhat human looking, bipedal with a large head but not the rounded head like in some pictures. They had a flatter wider head with more slanted huge eyes like in some drawings or pictures/photos.
I screamed with dread " Oh, No, the Grays are back for us." like I had encountered them years before but had forgotten them until just then. Then I woke up.
I don't think I like the Grays and have a bad feeling that something is going to happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join