It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mossiest Forest on the planet/my home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I've seen more than one area with very mossy maple trees in the general area where this video footage was taken(some are more mossy then others). Some of the areas are in parks, some are in areas that could be logged.To our local natives these areas are sacred/traditional hunting/gathering grounds.But losing some/any of these areas would be a loss for everyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yeah I dont think I could put up with that place...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Do Not attempt to travel to this area. This area is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.But it is also a very dangerous place to venture. The wildlife in the area is a minor concern; The WIND is what you need to watch(trust me on this one). But then nothing makes you feel quite as alive as running for your life when the forest is crashing to the ground around you. I would recommend "Gordon Bay Provincial Park" to anyone who wants to potentially see Fangorn Forest(It is very close); The "Honeymoon Bay Ecological Reserve" is also very close to this forest. Please come and enjoy these natural wonders. As long as you understand that the tranquility has a price; As dangerous as this forest is-you won't want to leave.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

What you see in the video is only what you will see 50 feet from the road. There is no trail(this is not a park). The deeper into this forest you travel-the mossier it gets.Also:this area is somewhat like the Bermuda triangle(the forest will not let you go if you get lost)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The roads are being punched in as I type this.It now seems that most of this forest will be GONE in a few short months.It is a shame that a forest as unique as Fangorn will be clear-cut.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWetCoast
The roads are being punched in as I type this.It now seems that most of this forest will be GONE in a few short months.It is a shame that a forest as unique as Fangorn will be clear-cut.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but according to the article this place has already been cut before or you wouldn't have second growth trees. It could just be that the first cutting is what allowed the place to develop the way that it did in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Having spent more time in this forest than anyone else alive today I am WELL aware that the trees are second growth.The roads being developed are following the old railroad grades.It will all grow back given enough time(60-80 years)and I hope this is the last time that it is logged.But the logging is not what made this forest what it is and it will not do one bit of good for the surrounding salmon/trout habitat.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join