It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God murdered children. Where's the outrage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I didn't dog anyone, I stated my opinion as I feel. Dont like it, dont click it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Well IDK its usually the christians that come up with the best material on how Islam is BS so they do have their part to play.
Now there's a head-scratcher.

But to seriously answer your question yes I believe the world would be much better off without religion. It has divided us from one another for far too long

And by "without religion", are you saying that we shouldn't believe in a God?

edit on 13-1-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't know who your 'God' is but if you are talking about the Bible and Jesus,he is much better than Quran's God.

"Allah:"
"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who
disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads
and strike off every fingertip of them."
(Qur'an 8:12)

Muhammad:
"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and
kill those who disbelieve in Allah."
(Ibn Ishaq 992)

Jesus:
"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."
(Matthew 5:14)

JESUS vs Mohammad

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

So I just want to get this straight for further reference, your opinion applies to everyone but yourself? Others need to proof read but you are above it? Okay gotcha now I know how to deal with you in the future.

Sorry OP, I felt the need to address this.

On topic though,

There are many points in the Bible and other Religious literature that people tend to overlook and ignore. Those people that actually pay attention will either walk away, begin to doubt and ask questions, or simply attempt to justify the actions. Myself, I chose the second example and eventually walked away from organized Religion, but I have and will always will, continue to ask questions of the "True believers".

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Well IDK its usually the christians that come up with the best material on how Islam is BS so they do have their part to play.
Now there's a head-scratcher.

But to seriously answer your question yes I believe the world would be much better off without religion. It has divided us from one another for far too long

And by "without religion", are you saying that we shouldn't believe in a God?

edit on 13-1-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

The first was more of a joke. A lot of christians work hard at discrediting the Islamic faith.

Without religion as in drop the particular faith but keep the spiritual aspects. I believe that there is a creator in some form or another (Sentient or not doesnt matter really)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindflush
The great hypocrisy of religion, something I will never understand.

Religion is FAR more than just hypocrisy.

It isn't hard to understand once you realize WHO is behind it and WHAT the real agenda is.

Religion is one massive LIE.

The entire agenda and purpose behind false religion is to keep the truth HIDDEN.

What most believe about religion is so out of touch with reality that it boggles the mind.

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

The definition of the word religion is to (re)connect with God.

Religion is used to do the exact opposite of what it SHOULD do (see SIG...)

Religion is one HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by sylent6

So I just want to get this straight for further reference, your opinion applies to everyone but yourself? Others need to proof read but you are above it? Okay gotcha now I know how to deal with you in the future.

Sorry OP, I felt the need to address this.

On topic though,

There are many points in the Bible and other Religious literature that people tend to overlook and ignore. Those people that actually pay attention will either walk away, begin to doubt and ask questions, or simply attempt to justify the actions. Myself, I chose the second example and eventually walked away from organized Religion, but I have and will always will, continue to ask questions of the "True believers".

LOL thats too funny I was just going to walk away from that.

Yeah I walked away but I have a compulsion to point out these aspects. I sometimes consider walking around door to door and handing out flyers trying to convert people to agnosticism. Mainly that would be for humor though.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

“ This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.' ” — Exodus 11:4–6

So here we see that god up and killed thousands of young kids who had nothing to do with anything going on around them.

Why do you praise a child murderer?

I mean if someone were to do this in the US (please let us not bring any recent tragedies into this) they would be hated by all and rightly so.

So why does god get glorified for this? You could sit and blame the pharoah but how many of those children had anything to do with the events surrounding this story.

Why does god get a free pass to murder children?

oh and the cattle too. He even went and killed the firstborn cows to add insult to injury.
edit on 12-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

When God does it its bad but when we do it its justified? If we were really concerned about killing wouldn't we stop? Did you ever think that maybe god wanted to teach us a lesson? The reality we weren’t there, it's impossible for us to make a righteous judgment. It can also be assumed that if you believe in the bible you believe that those children were born for that purpose. Their could be angles in heaven who volunteers for that or any number of other possibilities. But you immediately accuse God.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My opinion:

Just like Tower of Babel, the story of Exodus is man-made. Written by 'the messenger of god' who was most likely just a person with tons of scientific knowledge.

Like Genesis, this story is most likely 'borrowed' from a copy of Ipuwer Papyrus from Egypt that was owned by a library in Babylon. Moses himself is very likely just a modified version of Sargon of Akkad or Thutmoses.

Again we can imagine that the writer of this book was 'the messenger of god', who was in charge as the spiritual leader of his tribe, Israel.

Now some of his countrymen or tribesmen probably asked him to 'ask god' about the their history or past in the last hundred years.

Then when 'waiting a reply from god', he found this Ipuwer Papyrus that recorded about natural disaster, the flood of nile, etc. in Egypt.

An idea appeared in his head:
Lets make Egyptians as the past Antagonist of my nation, that enslaved our ancestors for hundred years.
Because my nation is 'the chosen nation of god', 'god' was 'angry' with Egypt and 'god' 'punished' Egypt with 'the ten plagues'

Too bad for Israel, we know that Egyptians also passionately recorded their history. Otherwise, everyone around the world would live as blind people, believing that all these fantasy stories did happen.

Now some of you might ask: Then what happened to that copy of Ipuwer Papyrus? Easy, it was probably burned by 'the current messenger of god' or by Persian Empire.

I choose not to believe that the True God is evil. And I choose to believe that any story where god favouring Israel are man made.

I, myself, love writing fantasy stories, so I just want to share with you, my imagination on what I would do if I was the writer of OT.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Obviously you have no idea about the Christian Bible. So, in the logic of the Bible, what is so bad about going to heaven than living on this horrible ass planet where kids are shot in school or for that matter slavery for Egyptian times?

You are judging a belief that isn't even yours. I believe that is called being ignorant...

Oh and just to make you look even more not so smart....

Science has PROVED that what happened in Egypt really did.

Maybe do research before you blow it up for your own benefit.......................................................

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
None of you will watch the video, but will challenge me because 90% of the people on this website think their opinion is fact

That's what the economy is what it is everywhere.

Opinions are not facts...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Obviously you have no idea about the Christian Bible. So, in the logic of the Bible, what is so bad about going to heaven than living on this horrible ass planet where kids are shot in school or for that matter slavery for Egyptian times?

You are judging a belief that isn't even yours. I believe that is called being ignorant...

Oh and just to make you look even more not so smart....

Science has PROVED that what happened in Egypt really did.

Maybe do research before you blow it up for your own benefit.......................................................

Just sayin'

Well the ten plagues most likely did happen, but the persecution of Israel in Egypt didn't happen.
Just like Joseph from Genesis.... most of his attributes were borrowed from Imhotep.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the answer is because he is immoral, this isn't even a debate on whether he exists or not,
at that point he was flat out immoral, its similar to the praise they give for a man being
willing to murder his child in gods name, the correct response to "hey you murder your
kid because i said so" is, "i don't care if you are a god, your really sick and twisted, no im
not going to do that, kill me if you must but i will not murder in anyones name". that's
being moral.

not to mention all the cities he destroyed himself or supposedly told his followers to
destroy, his blatant support of slavery which is carried over into jesus teachings, his
command to murder your children if they disobey..... i really don't know how people
justify using loving and his name in the same sentence, he seems like a mass
murdering psychopathic being to me. im just glad he doesn't really exist, we would
be so screwed, i mean look how hard it is to even know how to become saved......

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
the answer is because he is immoral, this isn't even a debate on whether he exists or not,
at that point he was flat out immoral, its similar to the praise they give for a man being
willing to murder his child in gods name, the correct response to "hey you murder your
kid because i said so" is, "i don't care if you are a god, your really sick and twisted, no im
not going to do that, kill me if you must but i will not murder in anyones name". that's
being moral.

not to mention all the cities he destroyed himself or supposedly told his followers to
destroy, his blatant support of slavery which is carried over into jesus teachings, his
command to murder your children if they disobey..... i really don't know how people
justify using loving and his name in the same sentence, he seems like a mass
murdering psychopathic being to me. im just glad he doesn't really exist, we would
be so screwed, i mean look how hard it is to even know how to become saved......

I understand your feelings.
But IMHO it would be much better to prove that this god is just man made.
Because It will open the eyes of many who fall under the ilussion of having short tempered bearded invisible god watching them with his all seeing eyes

To be fair, all religions that worship god (or gods) always have violent stories. Not only christian bible

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
How easily we forget the sacrifice God made when he sent his only begotten son to die a horrible death, so us, his ungrateful,selfish and materialistic children could have eternal life.
Why is it God gets blamed for man's mistakes?

PLPL

edit on 13-1-2013 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

erm god is being blamed for his claim that he killed thousands of innocent
children for something they were not involved in...... he said that, not us,
we simply say its immoral and sick, and to teach this stuff to children as
some kind of heroic, wonderful thing they should idolize is even more
sick and twisted...... children need to understand that murder, even in gods
name or even if a god tells you to is wrong.

also i have to add, he sacrificed himself to himself, to save us from
the laws he gave us that were far too strict to be realistically followed, yeah
makes perfect sense.
edit on 13-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
How easily we forget the sacrifice God made when he sent his only begotten son to die a horrible death, so us, his ungrateful,selfish and materialistic children could have eternal life.
Why is it God gets blamed for man's mistakes?

PLPL

edit on 13-1-2013 by Minori because: (no reason given)

Now, this one is another man made son of god, Mythras disguised in Jesus.
Roman mithraism met Pauline christian.
The real Jesus, i believe did exists, and most likely was like the one in Gospel of Thomas, a wisdom teacher. Not a a superman like Mithras...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
IMO, alot people on ats I general hates God because they truly don't understand him and his reasoning but most will say he doesn't exist.

Wait,... Did you just ignore the OP and spurt out some drivel instead??

edit on 13/1/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Did it ever occur to you that "man" or the deceiver may have altered the words to justify their own actions???
Just a thought.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by bloodreviara

Did it ever occur to you that "man" or the deceiver may have altered the words to justify their own actions???
Just a thought.

PLPL

Did it ever occur to you that the odds are still in favor of it being an outright human fabrication?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join