It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God murdered children. Where's the outrage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
IMO, alot people on ats I general hates God because they truly don't understand him and his reasoning but most will say he doesn't exist.

Is it illiterate blind faith day today?

I'm having seconds, and I didn't particularly enjoy the main course.

link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I think because Pharaoh was beenn stubborn and refuse to let God's people go.

Sounds a bit childish and psychotic all at once!

Why not get off his high horse, come down from heaven, and slap some sense into the pharaoh?

Instead of punishing the pharaoh he killed a bunch of people who had nothing to do with his decisions.

It would be like the US getting mad at Iran for making nukes, but instead of punishing their government the US instead goes and kills all the firstborn children of Iran to get back at the Iranian government.

Childish? Right, proof read what you wrote and say it out loud.

The point is, if you really understood the bible then you'll know what's going on.

What God what is his business and his purpose. What kind you do about it? Nothing but rant and rave how he's unfair right?

Maybe you should ask him if he can lend you some knowledge to learn about him? If you're not to afraid to get off your "high horse "

right...

I've read the bible and do understand it. Obviously you have a severe lack of understanding.

link   
reply to post by winofiend

You can say what you please about me of not knowing me fine.

I have my beliefs and I stand by them 100% but I'm not forcing you to understand them so back off.

link   
Why question the motives of a god you do not believe exists?

Christians will claim that they are no one to question the will of their god.

Atheists will simply cite the bible as a storybook and nothing more.

What are you getting at? Are you trying to convert Christians?
Because no matter how asinine you think the stories of the bible are, you won't bend true faith.
It's an exercise in futility.

And for the record, I'm not one or the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

lol yes it is

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I highly doubt that but its people like you who slams the door in my face. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

God murdered children

"I don't believe the bible. Its man made."

Sounds to me like you already HAD your lobotomy...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The point is, if you really understood the bible then you'll know what's going on.

Humans wrote the bible.

So you're basically saying that you believe over anything you yourself can determine, what another person tells you.

You prefer to hold the words of people who intended to fool you, over your own logic.

Thats sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85

Because no matter how asinine you think the stories of the bible are, you won't bend true faith.

Yes you can bend and break faith. For some it is as simple as showing them the true face of their god. If a christian feels it is ok to try and spread their belief then why is it not ok to use those same tactics.

Lets help our brothers and sisters remove the evil chains of religion and see how simple it is for them to retain their spiritual nature without a formal god

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

do as thou wilt as long as it harm no other...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

God murdered children

"I don't believe the bible. Its man made."

Sounds to me like you already HAD your lobotomy...

Really?

You wasted precious thread space on that gem?

Could you think of no retort other than simple mockery of my sn?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

So tell me... are you referring to these scriptures because you believe them and you're mad at God? It sure sounds that way to me.

Or is it that you don't believe the Bible at all because the "God" you envision would never do such a thing?

I dont believe the bible. Its man made. I dont believe anyone knows who/what/or how we came into existence. I dont like most religion. Krishna consciousness and Buddhism were fun though. I find that the christian/Jewish/Islamic faiths are especially distasteful and like to point out how disgusting it is.

Fair enough. Now let me ask you this... Do you think today's world would be better off without today's Christians?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I highly doubt that but its people like you who slams the door in my face. Oh well.

Oh come now I have never slammed any doors in your face.

It is you who is doing the door slamming. Why are you so afraid of questioning your beliefs?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Silly man, obviously you dont know who gave you the free will to speak and believe in the first place.

Obviously put the thoughts into man who wrote the bible.

If you don't believe in what man as written from the thoughts of God then why bother follow instructions on things you have to read that was written by...man.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

So tell me... are you referring to these scriptures because you believe them and you're mad at God? It sure sounds that way to me.

Or is it that you don't believe the Bible at all because the "God" you envision would never do such a thing?

I dont believe the bible. Its man made. I dont believe anyone knows who/what/or how we came into existence. I dont like most religion. Krishna consciousness and Buddhism were fun though. I find that the christian/Jewish/Islamic faiths are especially distasteful and like to point out how disgusting it is.

Fair enough. Now let me ask you this... Do you think today's world would be better off without today's Christians?

Well IDK its usually the christians that come up with the best material on how Islam is BS so they do have their part to play.

But to seriously answer your question yes I believe the world would be much better off without religion. It has divided us from one another for far too long

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Why would I question my beliefs if I believe in them. But if you question them then shoot.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I can agree to that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85

Yes you can bend and break faith. For some it is as simple as showing them the true face of their god. If a christian feels it is ok to try and spread their belief then why is it not ok to use those same tactics.

Lets help our brothers and sisters remove the evil chains of religion and see how simple it is for them to retain their spiritual nature without a formal god

Not true faith. And you're lumping all Christians into the evangelical order.. that is to say not all of them try to convert others.
Maybe you don't, but there are some people that need the structure and order of a god. All humans need structure and order really, and it's up to them where they choose to seek it. Just because you don't buy in to their version doesn't mean you need to change it for them.

I agree.. a lot of self proclaimed Christians have perverted the overall message within their scripture -which is to love and leave judgement up to god- but not all of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Right, proof read what you wrote and say it out loud.

IMO, alot people on ats I general hates God because they truly don't understand him and his reasoning but most will say he doesn't exist.

If you are going to publicly dog on someone maybe you should refrain from posting like this first.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The great hypocrisy of religion, something I will never understand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join