It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by undo

My apologies ma'am.....dude withdrawn

I honestly can't see how something that was blatantly a joke, and didn't call for the killing of Jones, merely a jest at calling for a boxing match and showing up with a semi, can be seen as a death threat.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing.

likely so. although i don't think the gentleman who made the comment was british, and he spoke with a pretty clear midwestern accent if i recall (midwestern accent is lingo for the official news voice). perhaps he had a bit of a bostonian or new york accent. i'll listen again. to be honest, whenever people in america start calling for violence against each other, i go into panic mode. not because everything is ideal, but because the lives of other human beings either here or abroad, are invaluable. i don't want to witness or experience the suffering and misery of things like civil wars, violent revolutions and the resulting dictatorships that seem to arise from such events.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
okay i relistened to him and he does sound like he's speaking in a midwestern newsbroadcaster's voice. is he not an american? he sounds american.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, that guy in the middle who suggested the "boxing match" was American, when I said cultural differences I meant in the way that I (and probably a few others) interpreted what he was saying, and how he was saying it.

Did you see the Morgan vs Jones debate? If you didn't, watch it and watch for Jones offering Morgan a boxing match. That is what the panelists were taking the mickey out of.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Someone from the UK needs to offer PM a really awesome job for tons of money back home, shred his passport when he arrives then tell him 'just kidding'. bahahah

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
well this was an interesting interview! (piers has hutzpah, you must admit, cause facing down ted nugent is not for the weak kneed lol! he's just as intense as alex jones, just in a different way)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Man the guy who is doing this is really sucking at getting visitors to his website.

www.alexa.com...#

But I guess when you have a website with two people and two volunteers you don't have much going for your website so you try to pull a stunt to get anybody to maybe glance at your website.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well this was an interesting interview! (piers has hutzpah, you must admit, cause facing down ted nugent is not for the weak kneed lol! he's just as intense as alex jones, just in a different way)

That was a very good interview between those two. I think they both made some good points and they were both wrong on a few subjects however I think they came to a better understanding of each other’s point of view even if they don’t agree completely. I side with Ted on the issue but Morgan cave me pause for a second when he brought up Giffords but Nuggent was absolutely right when he said the guy fell through the cracks of the mental health system.

I do not understand why the subject of mental health is being ignored to such a degree on this issue. I think some of it may have to do with many people are afraid they may fall into that category so therefore they stay away from the topic.

Anyway that is the way interviews should happen.

AJ is a joke he screwed up and I wish he had stayed off the show. He was completly out classed.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don' t like Morgan or Jones but I liked Shapiro a few days later, but i must give Morgan credit for letting these strong opiniated people on the show. That is more then some other news outlets do for alternate perspectives in America. I only wish other hosts would do the same so true arguements and logical conclusions can be made by the people. Proper discussions by both sides are what we need.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

LOL NOT a chance. Conservative groups have JUST enough people to screw America, but their influence is minimal. Get used to it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Originally posted by kinglizard

And if you do want to give CNN a call the article offeres this ...

“Please call CNN to demand that Piers Morgan be fired for advocating political murder with assault rifles on last night’s show. Free speech is one thing, but we cannot allow the liberal media to take things this far against those that oppose amnesty or support gun rights etc.. Call 404.827.1500 and wait for a human operator,” Gheen encouraged. Read more at mobile.wnd.com...

I just attempted to call and the number doesn't work without some access code????

Found this

CNN
One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
Phone: 404-827-1500
Fax: 404-827-1906

That's the same number......maybe CNN got tired of hearing all the flak from what the poster boy has done and took the phones off the hook?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You know what, to hell with this argument. I'm done with this thread.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Vidpci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I said it once and I'll say it again as I did in another thread. Bring back the institutionalization of the extreme mentally ill. Society can't just take the advice of psychiatrists any longer that these people are drugged up enough that they are safe to be in a free society like the United States with normal people, the risk is not worth it and it's not fair to the rest of society.

Less gun control more nutcase control.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Alrighty, I'm gonna add my 2 cents to the pot.

I don't understand the push to deport Piers personally. I don't agree with him he's an effimate, obnoxious, arrogant SOB, and that is being as polite and politically correct as I can. Personally, he is the best thing for the people who believe in the 2nd amendment because when he debates anyone who can hold thier calm and rationally debate him who is a defender of the Constitution, he comes off as a moronic ignorant jackass.

Were the panels comments regarding AJ justified? Not in the slightest, people do have a point when they say that if it was John J. Random who said such things they'd most likely be given a one way ticket to that tropical paradise known as Guantanimo Bay. So, in my opinion there should be negative consequences for all 3 of the people that were "joking". If the shoe was on the other foot and someone said that regarding you on national TV, any person I know would not likely brush it off as just a joke.

That being said, I don't like Alex Jones either. He seems to me to do more harm to people on the side of the pro 2nd amendment than he does good. I will give him credit for trying, if that is his true motive, but his explosive short temper, and the way he talks like a religious preacher to his flock rub me the wrong way. He is a smart man, has many points that he is dead on about and can agree with fully, and if he was calmer and more rational and less preachy I would probably really get behind him and like him alot more. Alas, he isn't though. If he truly wanted to wake up the masses as he claims, he would have toned it down. Getting all riled like that is generally only approved by the audience he already has. He had an opportunity to wake more people up to what is going on, but only made all CT's look like people who's sanity rests on that of a razor's edge. Him being on Piers Morgan was not an accident, CNN wanted someone they could easily upset. They pushed his buttons knowing he would become irrationally angry and he didn't disappoint. Trying to ride the wave they had Larry Pratt, and Shapiro on the show and tried to discredit them and failed miserably, as was to be expected because they held thier cool and argued rationally. The one all very important lesson AJ should learn in my opinion is that one can attract more bees with honey than with viniger.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Shaade

But he is NOT protected by the First Amendment, he's NOT an American. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for Americans ONLY.

Really, then explain why we have foreign prisoners that are given their rights just as an american citizen when taken into custody although they aren't americans.

You see when a foreign visitor to this country comes over and works in this country they are protected by the constitution just as home grown americans are, can't explain why but it happens.

thats politics, like so many other things that our corporate government does that isnt outlined or supported by the Constitution.
Just because our corrupt gov. gives them those rights, doesnt mean the Constitution does.
Shaade

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mully
Imagine the day when we don't have any guns and we'll have these smug redcoats running our media. It's only the beginning and it's only going to get worse unless we start to deport all of these goddamn foreigners. Everyone one of them.

This is America. We aren't Chinese or English. We don't want any of you in here! This is our country and we're not going to let them take it away from us.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Mully because: (no reason given)

*chuckles*

not sure if JV is correct in regards to 'redcoat corporations' but if that's true then technically any country in the world can control american politics depending on how much money they have .....the problem lies with American politics not the goddamn foreigners as you put it

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

As a resident without the right to vote he is the type of person who should have his rights protected instead of attacked.

And Americans should have our rights protected and not attacked too - right? So, you feel that it's ok for PM to attack our second, and on a huge platform, and we aren't supposed to have strong feelings about that.

We should ALL have ALL of our rights protected and not attacked. Morgan is not special & deserves no better than he gives.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

No one is calling for you to be removed from employment/kicked out of the country or hanged because October your views though are they?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So, in short for the rest of us, the consensus is:

"Screw your First Amendment, My Second trumps it"

That's essentially what you guys are saying? That's what I'm hearing. If you want him off the air, protest CNN, boycott them, leave the government out of it.

The Flag is sacred, a printed copy of the constitution, not so much, pretty sure there's no law about doing anything to that book.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was America

edit on 14-1-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by TsukiLunar

First off , admittedly the video did make me laugh !

Second , how did Christians get brought into this and who says they are not suppose to kill ? Think it was no murder but killing was just fine .

It's that little line that goes "Thou shalt not kill"

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by smurfy
More childish behaviour from grown men, and even though AJ is saying much the same as them Vis-à-vis the rationale for keeping guns, they don't want Jones either, Bull#.

Where the irish "childish" when they kicked your ass off the island? Nope, didn't think so!

It takes men to defend rights and privileges.

edit on 13/1/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Nobody kicked me out of Ireland. I'm well accepted here being English, and ALL through the troubles here too.
The 'men' you speak of spent most of their time blowing men, women and children to pieces, often by proxy. Ever see pieces of blackened flesh being shovelled off the road?? Man, you are some ignoramus.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join