CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

The right to free speech and the freedom from persecution as laid down by the constitution.

Or do you not see the punishment of someone for practicing this freedom of speech (by the removal of employment or deportation) as a form of persecution?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
reply to post by Honor93

The right to free speech and the freedom from persecution as laid down by the constitution.

Or do you not see the punishment of someone for practicing this freedom of speech (by the removal of employment or deportation) as a form of persecution?

Piers Morgan agreed with and supported a death threat on nation tv. That is not free speech. That is conspiracy to commit murder and terroristic threats. Not only should he be taken off tv, but possibly even brought up on charges.

I wonder why all these people that signed up this month keep coming in this thread pushing this talking point? Oh right, paid shills.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

Vidpci

Mood: Constitutional
Member is on ATS now.

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

I wonder if that's what Imus said when he got fired? Or Jimmy the Greek? Seems it's selectively enforced and endorsed.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

How funny that yesterday one of my comments I suggested what horrible choice the PTB made to have Morgan for a mouth piece. I'd call tha at notch / for the home team.
edit on 13-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

Jesus dude, there was no death threat, even if what they said wasn't in jest, the suggestion that Piers offer a boxing match then "pop him one with a semi" isn't a threat, it's a statement.

If he had said "lets do it" or directly threatened to do it, then yes, there is a death threat.

There was NO death threat, zero, zilch, NONE.

(starts to feel like a broken record)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Misleading title you got there! He's right anyway too many guns !
11,000 + gun murders per year... whats wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Imagine the day when we don't have any guns and we'll have these smug redcoats running our media. It's only the beginning and it's only going to get worse unless we start to deport all of these goddamn foreigners. Everyone one of them.

This is America. We aren't Chinese or English. We don't want any of you in here! This is our country and we're not going to let them take it away from us.
edit on 13-1-2013 by Mully because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

by your argument, it should be ok if Americans went around threatening to kill on air guests too, right ?

What do you think?

I am sure your going to have a hard time finding anyone who believes that is okay including myself, but now let me ask you a question...

Do you not think there would be some serious actions being taken in regards to this death threat being serious, wouldn't the NYPD, State police and FBI launch an immediate investigation into this?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by TsukiLunar

how does the 1st protect his job at CNN ?
and why would the 1st protect him, anyway ... he's a guest, not a citizen.

It doesn't matter if his not a citizen, he still has the right to freedom of speech just like everybody else in this country, CNN has the right to freedom of speech, just like every other cable network. I can't for the life of me believe this idea of departing piers because of his views is pushed by so many members here, yet in other threads we hear about the government stripping away rights.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean speech you necessarily have to agree with. If you don't like piers, change the channel, or start a network of your own.

so, if i come to your house, scream at your kids about how bad your parenting is ... are you gonna offer me crumpets and tea with payroll or the door ?

America isn't *your house*, it isn't your private property, you share it with many people of many views. If you don't like it, maybe Iran would be a more suitable country for you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wanna slap him with my "little book"

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Since I recently joined ATS, and just so happened to comment on this thread, I become a 'shill'???

WoW!

"Individual Liberty: Rights are claims made by individuals to be free of coercion by others... Collectivism: Rights are claims made upon individuals so that others are free of wants... which are you in for???" Streaming Liberty

Like I said before, I don't agree with Pieres, but he has the right to his opinion. Just like everyone else....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wadaguy

Since I recently joined ATS, and just so happened to comment on this thread, I become a 'shill'???

Guarantee that this won't be the only time your called that, just embrace it because the more they call you a shill the funnier it becomes, unless you really are a shill....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Turned my frown upside down!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Actually the thread is about exercising the 1st , by calling up CNN and letting them know that we won't put up with such crap when it comes to disrespecting the constitution .

Oh lord yes. Just think if he had slamed a Koran down like that, in that tone and all.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Speaking of Muskets............... you guys DO know that's what they were using when the Constitution was written?

Ya know, you stuff a ball in it, fire it, then stuff another one...............

SO I completely agree! I think we all have the right to own muskets!

It's the right to bare ARMS not the right to bare a musket, rifle, gun, etc.. It's the right to bare ARMS which means anything. When all of the governments of the world and their military's are reduced to sticks then I'll give up my guns. As long as they have drones, tanks, fighters, satellites, etc the people should have the right to bare drones, tanks, fighters, satellites, etc..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i don't think piers should lose his job or be deported, however, i am not terribly happy seeing people calling for the deaths/violence against other americans on a news program. that's not good either. the rhetoric is getting pretty deep now and it needs to calm down.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Dude, nobody called for any deaths, they were poking fun at Alex Jones comments on getting Piers Morgan into a boxing ring before going off on a massive rant about semi automatics.

The pro-gunners have just blown it out of proportion and twisted the words to suit their own needs.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by undo

Dude, nobody called for any deaths, they were poking fun at Alex Jones comments on getting Piers Morgan into a boxing ring before going off on a massive rant about semi automatics.

The pro-gunners have just blown it out of proportion and twisted the words to suit their own needs.

no, i watched the guy who said it, and it wasn't piers, but it was bad enough. (i'm not a dude. i'm a mom and a wife). and i've also read alot of people (not on the news) calling for the deaths of the nra members. none of us need to be talking about killing each other. that whole conversation is way off in left field somewhere, and it needs to stop before it gets out of hand.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

My apologies ma'am.....dude withdrawn

I honestly can't see how something that was blatantly a joke, and didn't call for the killing of Jones, merely a jest at calling for a boxing match and showing up with a semi, can be seen as a death threat.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join