It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN'sPiers Morgan to be taken off air?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Screw television. I can't believe those who feel they're in the know (by protecting their Rights) and listening to Alex Jones.... still fall prey of corporate America via the air waves. And listening to AJ is no better.
Seems very contradictory.

Nothing wrong with corporate America when its put in its place. Entertainment, thought provoking cultural issues, etc.
But it is all marketing..Alex gets more fringey folks to follow him, and more loon watchers also..increasing his audience..and Piers is seen more favorably by the left leaning whom he isolated with his anti Obama rhetoric...again increasing his audience...neither of them are actually talking in matters of consequence though (as both are suggesting a constitution free utopian society based on their say so).

So...ya..all entertainment..lots of noise and lights signifying nothing.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

And Marines still use muskets today! So what's your point?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Another real problem with news media is there is absolutely no shame in just outright lying and manufacturing their "stories" (which is an accurate description). At least years ago there were some boundaries, now whether it's Fox, CNN or MSNBC you get all the same nonsense delivered to you in whatever wrapper you prefer.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

I would prefer if the call to get this guy off the air was over him tossing the U.S constitution on his table in a disrespectful manner as he did in his interview with Shapiro , but hey whatever works I guess .

Having said that , I highly doubt that anything will come of this , unless people start calling into CNN to voice there disgust over his recent actions.

If this foreigner had of tossed the constitution , as he did the other day , on national news 20 or 30 years ago can you imagine the public outcry there would have been for his head ?

mobile.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

We have to remember we have free speech in this country. You cant choose sides... both need to be heard.

We really need to examine this at a different angle. New broadcasters and writers look at news at a far different angle then we do. We look at news as news, they look at it as a chance to manipulate the public's opinion. They have many ways of doing this and one of them is revers physiology. Piers Morgan knew exactly what was going to happen when Alex Jones was on. I am positive Piers Morgan really does understand whats going on, as much if not more then people on this site. He just has a persona, a acting character that he has to play or he WILL be publicly demonized, lose his job and all the power that comes with it. Why else would he let Alex Jones on his show? He knows he catch the facts so he let some one else do it for him.

I am no Piers Morgan but I do understand that these people are in really tight spots. When most of them first get to the industry they have no idea whats going on, they just want to progress their job. When they get into a high enough position they are able to see more clearly and know that they cant go against the grain because they are owned and controlled by the same brain washing corperations that are pushing this agenda. Most people look at them as media outlets, they are far more power. They are able to start wars or stop wars. Thats not to say that I dont think some reporters are in the know and just dont care. I am not a fan of Piers Morgan but I do not despise him.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

what right, that is Constitutionally protected, does he have regarding his presence or his job ??

what Constitutional protection does he have for making death threats on air ??

please, educate us all

when you can answer either of those two questions, you may have an argument, otherwise, you're dreaming.

his 'beliefs' are not being attacked, they have been given a national stage ... however, his cumulative acts of intentional subversion is palpable to say the least and lawfully actionable.

edit on 13-1-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Honor93

oh and btw ... American children are being punished for mere hand signs ... www.abovetopsecret.com... - deaf pre-schooler forced to change name

So what does this have to do with Piers Morgan and his stand on gun control?

I see people just trying to pile on anything they can to make a point even though it has nothing to do with this topic which is what your doing now, why?

since children can/are punished for mere gestures ... Piers should be severely punished for his on air threat.
if you can't/won't see the correlation, no one can help you.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Honor93

so, it'd be ok then if Americans went around threatening to kill foreign guests on air too ??

Now did I say that...No I did not.

what does it matter if you said it ?
i didn't say you did, it was a question.

clearly, one which you AVOIDED answering.
so, let's try it again.

by your argument, it should be ok if Americans went around threatening to kill on air guests too, right ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the responses but I never liked Piers myself even on the talent show as a judge. He's an arrogant prick. The few interviews I have watched him conduct, I've had to turn off - he comes across as a know it all bully. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Vidpci

It's only a bloody book, half of you lot harp on about how you don't understand why Muslims get so offended at Koran burnings, yet you whinge and moan when someone slams a load of paper on a table?

You harp on about free speech, yet you cry foul when someone says something you don't agree with? News flash pal, free speech is global, not just American.

All I see is a bunch of hypocrites that are so blinded by your oh so precious second amendment that you are forgetting one of the the very important parts of the first amendment.

Yes Piers Morgan is an idiot, we have dealt with his smug, arrogant attitude long before you guys even heard of him, and quite frankly, we don't want him back. But for crying out loud, listen to yourselves! If you can't handle what he is saying, change the channel......we did.
soooo, are you suggesting that we Americans behave like the rest ??
should we storm his home and burn it and his family to the ground ?
should we storm the embassy and kill anyone in sight ?
should we threaten to eliminate the Crown ?

really, what should we do, according to you ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
wow, didn't even make it to page 10 and i just cannot believe the amount of support this terrorist is getting

just plain wow ... where did America go ?
ppl are being arrested every day for making 'veiled' threats online.
this idiot does it on an international broadcast and ppl say "it's protected" ?????
since when ?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have to say this, but i think the majority of you in these "Piers Vs the 2nd" threads are taking this far too personally and seriously.

It's all staged, and you're all falling for it.

edit on 13-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

what the multitude of 'know nothings" on this board are failing to acknowledge is the law.

and in this country ... all 3 of them (especially 3 of them) could and possibly should be arrested and prosecuted for "conspiring to commit murder" ... cause they cetainly did and on national television to boot.

that my friends, has been successfully prosecuted more times than the amount of posters on this thread. All of them, but especially Piers, have absolutely over-stepped the bonds of civility.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

If Jones said the same thing about Morgan he would have been arrested. You don't joke about things like that.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

So, do you think anyone who says something you don't agree with should be silenced?
well of course, you simply close your ears/mind and walk away ... when did that become so difficult ??

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this commie brit is getting this much attention since he has all of three dozen viewers in the first place. All this attention is boosting his ratings and making CNN more money. If anything, we should ignore him and CNN will get rid of him for not having any audience.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When and if they do take him off, wouldn't it be nice if they did it with a long crook?

One minute he's there, a talking head championing the POV's of his handlers and PTB, the next he's suddenly pulled by the crook straight out of the frame never to be seen again. It's a fantasy for me because it would imply a changing of the guard so to speak, from the irrational and inane, to the rational and the sane. I understand that it won't happen, but it would still be nice to see.

edit on 13-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
When and if they do take him off, wouldn't it be nice if they did it with a long crook?

That made me LOL right there.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't agree with ole Pieres on the 2nd Amendment, but I stand behind his right to say whatever his opinion dictates 100%!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Except there was no conspiracy to commit murder, it was blatantly said in jest, watch the video.

You can't go around arresting people for cracking jokes.

Just because you don't agree with their opinion doesn't mean you can't see the funny side of it....or can you really not see it? Are you that blinded by your own hatred for anyone speaking out against certain things that you can't read between the lines?
edit on 13/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join