It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket launchers the second amendment and the holy hand grenade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I see alot of anti second amendment posts and threads asking if we are allowed to own guns why not cannons or bombs or rocket launchers or even the dreaded nuke.

Honestly we are there are permits for every weapon imaginable with the exemption of nuclear devices. Most pro second amendment patriots do not believe owning things that degrade and become unstable over time is a wise choice. as few of us have the correct storage containers to prevent an explosion from happening or would like to pay for the expensive cost of disposal upon the device or compounds expiration date. Any explosive compound degrades and in some cases sweats a compound even more dangerous than the initial compound that it originates from. Even gunpowder degrades overtime but is relatively easy to dispose of and poses little danger in the amounts needed for ammunition. Also if we need weapons like those we will use our AR'S to obtain them from fallen foes much cheaper that way.

As for nuclear devices well I'm sure very few gun enthusiasts have the cash to purchase one let alone the up keep and containment they require.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Do you own a gun? just a question.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes but not an assault rifle. They are quite expensive however the ones I own are kept under lock and key in a very nice safe. With a compartment ment to hold the ammo separately. As owning any weapon even a sword means you must be safety oriented.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If everyone who made guns stopped for some magickal reason.

Who would be to blame for a loss of your rights then?

Or can you make your own firearm?

Curios, god given rights they rely on a mad made device..

I know people have been arrested making radioactive devices by using house hold goods. Or ordering innocuous items online.

But.. god doesn't plop down and give them a nuke.

Or a pistol for that matter.

How does it work?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by oasisjack
Yes but not an assault rifle. They are quite expensive however the ones I own are kept under lock and key in a very nice safe. With a compartment ment to hold the ammo separately. As owning any weapon even a sword means you must be safety oriented.

Agreed!

Yet it is in another thread where a 15 year old gets his dads ar15 and fires at two home invaders.

That story was proclaimed an example of gun success in that a legal firearm protected the 15 year old and his family.

But how did he get his hands on it? What if he was a no good hoodie wearing sandle AND socks wearing fiend. What if he wanted to go pay back little jimmy for stealing his 1/4 ounce?

who knows.. I don't.. it'll be in next weeks paper tho.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
If everyone who made guns stopped for some magickal reason.

Who would be to blame for a loss of your rights then?

Or can you make your own firearm?

Curios, god given rights they rely on a mad made device..

You know, I asked God about that very thing. So he made me polish his lightning bolt mechine for the rest of the day.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Agreed!

Yet it is in another thread where a 15 year old gets his dads ar15 and fires at two home invaders.

That story was proclaimed an example of gun success in that a legal firearm protected the 15 year old and his family.

But how did he get his hands on it? What if he was a no good hoodie wearing sandle AND socks wearing fiend. What if he wanted to go pay back little jimmy for stealing his 1/4 ounce?

who knows.. I don't.. it'll be in next weeks paper tho.

Perhaps his father taught him firearm safety and responsibility, and then trusted him with access. Has been known to happen.

As you were!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Honestly we are there are permits for every weapon imaginable with the exemption of nuclear devices.

a) I fail to grasp the grammar of this sentence and hence miss out on most of its meaning
b) my guess is still, that you imply that one may get a permit for a rocket launcher. Somehow, I'm very doubtful.

Most pro second amendment patriots do not believe owning things that degrade and become unstable over time is a wise choice.

That's beside the point. There would be MANY pro-2nd people who would like to acquire a crazy weapon for no other reason than curiosity. As to stable vs unstable, there are established shelf lives for most stuff and you would probably comply voluntarily. And these shelf lives must be rather long, otherwise you can't stockpile enough weapons for the Army. Further, a pile of propane canisters and a bottle of compressed O2 can be perfectly stable for a very, very long time, and guess what, it's a bomb.

I don't think you made a single valid point in this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

From where does God or God-given rights enter into gun manufacturing? Holy hand grenade? I thought "holy hand grenade" was nothing more than a Monty Python reference.

I could be mistaken, but it is my impression that you are convoluting natural rights with divinity.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovenov
reply to post by winofiend

From where does God or God-given rights enter into gun manufacturing? Holy hand grenade? I thought "holy hand grenade" was nothing more than a Monty Python reference.

I could be mistaken, but it is my impression that you are convoluting natural rights with divinity.

In our world the divinity shifted from the divine right of kings to divine rights of the people.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
sorry for my grammar in the op normally i am much more eloquent and to the point however my tablet started to die so i had to be quick. Rockets mortars and explosives in general as used by the military are regularly inspected and ones that are aging are used for practice before they are scheduled to expire. They are also able to store these devices in fortified areas that civilians can not afford to build.

As for owning these kind of devices there are permits for them. How do you think pyrotechnics operators and demolition company's are able to conduct business. These permits are for destructive devices and obtainable by individuals as well as businesses.

On to the argument aimed at the 15 year old teenager whose father is a police officer if I remember correctly. this is not an issue of safety in regards to the owner of the fire arm as the teenager fired his shots in a controlled and directed manner. He struck his targets with out collateral damage or excessive usage of rounds which shows that his father had properly trained him in its use. Growing up I was trained in which fire arm to use for which situation what rounds fit each gun and the location of the keys for the safe and trigger locks. Age does not denote knowledge or level of responsibility. Considering his father was in law enforcement it only makes sense that he has been well educated in the perils of being unarmed during a home invasion.

The whole point of my post is that most gun owners understand that weapons can be dangerous if used, stored or operated improperly. Since most of us lack the funds or in reality a need or perceived practical use for explosive devices we do not seek to use or procure them as with out the proper training we would be more apt to kill our self than our intended target. Lets face it suicide bombing is not an american trademark as there not enough virgins in our dogma to warrant such tactics.

I understand peoples fear of guns but I don't understand many of the arguments against them as people will always find ways to kill en mass if they desire. we are lucky they use guns for now as once guns are gone I can bet you dollars to doughnuts it will be the very same explosives used in these arguments against the second amendment that they will choose.

Mass shooters and spree killers are cowards that is why they choose these methods to make their statements ridding us of guns could and in my personal opinion would create a much more explosive problem (pun intended and in poor taste I know) These people are out casts who could not stand up for them selves as they feared the repercussions so they instead choose to kill what they blame for their strife instead of facing them head on and showing though you may hurt me I will hurt you right back.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

That has to be the most morose thing I have ever read.

I keep a shotgun in the corner, chamber with buckshot (12 ga). In my nightstand I have a 9mm chambered and safetied (although I practice on a safetied gun, and the movement is muscle memory to unlock it when i pick it up). Every gun I have is loaded. The ones I keep for defense (i have a couple others) are always "hot".

If you want to put safety first, don't handle a firearm without educating yourself. After that, all is well.

Or you can take your approach. If someone breaks in your house, maybe you can bludgeon them with your unloaded gun.

top topics

join