It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cadbury's Since Kraft Took Over

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Completely gone down hill, the chocolate quality is rubbish now and the Milk Chocalate is even worse. It is ever since they decided to replace the fresh milk they used to use in their Milk Chocolate recipies with that of powdered milk. There is a 100% notable change in flavour and it is not for the better.

I despised the forced American takeover of a British company in the first place but now I just cannot buy Cadbury's at all. Has anybody else noticed this?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That is so sad to hear!
I live outside the UK and have done for many years but the thing I would always look forward to when coming home would be to tuck into a Dairy Milk (the bigger the better
)

In fact I used to bring back a huge supply to distribute and educate my friends here.

Well thats it then... NO reason to return now

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Prior to the take over, Cadbury's, in my opinion, had a flavour and texture that could not be beat. I live in York, home to Rowntrees, and even when the chocolate was free ('cos I worked there), I wouldn't touch it...but yes, it has changed, and even my favourite, Caramel, just isn't the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As a local business of mine, I was outraged when they got taken over.

Not much of a chocolate eater however, I will go an aquire my self one to put it to the taste test.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

You worked in a sweet factory??

NIce.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Actually, I worked in telesales for the Lyons Maid division, we got free ice cream...as many Nobbly Bobblys as we could eat...which in my case, was considerable

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Free Ice cream at work! I can't say I've heard of Nobbly Bobbly but a google search just told me that I definitely need one

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Buy fair trade.

Multi Nationals always have crap product and destory entire ecosystems and cultures to get it.

Trust me, pay a little more for your products, it's not only the proper moral choice, it's also about getting top quality for top dollar.

~Tenth

link   

Aha! So that's what happened to Cadbury's. As a kid I thought Cadbury's was top-drawer. Now it tastes like s###. (Or at least what I think s### would taste like....)

link   
Yes its a damn shame, one of the decendants of the Cabury family was so outraged at the takeover that she said she was going to open a new Chocolate making business. Not heard much since though, I hope she stays true to her word.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ese-company.html

A Cadbury heiress has sold her £30million mansion to fund a new rival chocolate firm after her family company was sold to American 'predators' Kraft.
Felicity Loudon, whose great-grandfather George Cadbury founded the iconic sweets brand, hopes the sale of the Grade II-listed Cotswolds home, could help her launch a new family business.

The 62-year-old vowed to sell 14-bedroom Pusey House two years ago after Kraft's aggressive takeover - but it took longer than expected to find a buyer for the home.

Good on her, thats what I say.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Green and Blacks...Fair Trade and Organic...not to mention it's very yumminess.

I even use it in cooking. The 95% makes great truffles

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I do enjoy most fair trade products, but I am yet to discover a Milk Chocolate with the same distinct flavour that the old Cadbury's used to have. With any luck the Cadbury's heiress will have this sorted soon. Plus it would be one in the eye for craft who initiated a hostile takeover of Cadbury, to be outdone by the Cadbury family and have their Chocolate outsell that of Cadbury's.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That is an interesting point actually...who owns the recipe? My former sister-in-law was in R&D management for Cadbury's-Schweppes and she lost her job when the take over took place, she is now in HUGE demand because of her ownership of her recipes....earning massive amounts....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Does it amuse you, as much as it amuses me that somebody can work at Research And Development for chocolate?!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Haha...oh yeah...especially when that person is on a six figure income and works part-time...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I knew a fella who worked for Rowntree Mcintosh (Halifax) and he is the inventor of Tooti fruities, when I found out I had to buy him a pint

(RIP Colin inventor of my fave sweetie)
Back to the OP I only like dark chocolate gotta be at least 85% but yes the last time I had a bar I didn't eat it.
edit on 12-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Green and Blacks...Fair Trade and Organic...not to mention it's very yumminess.

I even use it in cooking. The 95% makes great truffles

I thought Green and Blacks were owned by Kraft Foods?

Have to admit, Cadbury's chocolate was always my favourite, even over Lindt chocolate. Why is it that things that are great always get changed for the worse or go out of production all together?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Mostly cause some Ahole figures out a way to make more money by screwing the supply chain and consumers over

Same reason everything is far far more expensive than it actually is.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

My son's Great Grand father invented (or rather developed the technique) to make the bubbles in Aero...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I would buy him a pint also

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join