It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born and Bread Mancunians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
As its Saturday just one question; How many people that were born bread, and live in Manchester are Man United supporters ?.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Born and bred Manc here (living in yorkshire) and Iam a City fan, but I gotta stick up for the Red half of Manchester here many of my fellow Mancs are Reds.

menmedia.co.uk... om

Obviously the Red DEVILS
have a broarder fanbase around the world but the future is bright, the future is blue.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Morning BM, not trolling its just that you often hear it said that most true Mancunians are City fans, and the vast majority of Red support comes from elsewhere, and only attach themselves to United so they can feel like winners.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I agree with you in the percentage game, more man U fans are not from Manchester but they have 270 million fans around the world.
I have met many many people who have not even been to Manchester but are S**m U fans, the thing is since we won the title I have seen a few City fans who have not been to Manchester but seeing it is all a business it can only be good for my club.
A very old joke "Old Trafford is quiet on a Saturday because the fans are too tired from travelling up from London"
edit on 12-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Just to add we play Arsenal on Sunday and we have given them back 900 tickets because we couldn't sell them..why cos they are 62 quid each!!! I looked into going but I can not afford about 200 quid for the day nor can many fans.
So when you hear people say "you can't fill your away games...great support blah blah blah" now you know the real reason.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hotel1

I agree with you in the percentage game, more man U fans are not from Manchester but they have 270 million fans around the world.
I have met many many people who have not even been to Manchester but are Scum U fans, the thing is since we won the title I have seen a few City fans who have not been to Manchester but seeing it is all a business it can only be good for my club.
A very old joke "Old Trafford is quiet on a Saturday because the fans are too tired from travelling up from London"

Do you remember when the rescued Chilean miners were given a VIP trip to Old Trafford and Gary Linneker said that they could be considered to be local supporters.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Just to add we play Arsenal on Sunday and we have given them back 900 tickets because we couldn't sell them..why cos they are 62 quid each!!! I looked into going but I can not afford about 200 quid for the day nor can many fans.
So when you hear people say "you can't fill your away games...great support blah blah blah" now you know the real reason.

I heard about that its just one more unfortunate symptom of the way the game is going.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm actually born and raised in Old Trafford and a Man United Fan. Most of Manchester are Reds. A lot of the world choose to support us too and I'm cool with that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurialKing
I'm actually born and raised in Old Trafford and a Man United Fan. Most of Manchester are Reds. A lot of the world choose to support us too and I'm cool with that.

Thank you for your answer, I am not anti MU or anti MU fans its just that nearly all the people you meet from Manchester seem to be City fans, and they usually say that most born, and bred Mancunians living in Manchester are proud blueies.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

I have met many many people who have not even been to Manchester but are Scum U fans, the thing is since we won the title I have seen a few City fans who have not been to Manchester but seeing it is all a business it can only be good for my club.

Really dude?? scum u fans??.
i guess the is no point in saying any more after this you will be lucky if you dont get reported for such a comment. wont be by me but..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Oh come on it's called banter, been going on for years. Had enough Man U fans call me names over the years lighten up.
Just to point out I respect Man Utd fans who come from Manchester...the rest I do not.
Will edit the post just so I don't hurt your feelings

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

best day ever in football.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Oh come on it's called banter, been going on for years. Had enough Man U fans call me names over the years lighten up.
Just to point out I respect Man Utd fans who come from Manchester...the rest I do not.
Will edit the post just so I don't hurt your feelings

Nice so you dont only attack me by calling me a scum U fan but now you say you dont respect me cos im a fan who is not from Manchester..Nice you just keep making this better on yourself.
Also i can understand banter when its used in a fun way but the way you used it was clearly to slag any non Manchester people who is also ManU fans.
Anyway your now getting reported for such a thing enjoy.
edit on 13-1-2013 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Support the club you were born closest to, It helps your local community and your local spirit. That is my opinion.
I hate glory supporters report me all you like.
And people call us City fans bitter

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Just to add we play Arsenal on Sunday

You mean "will inevitably lose to"?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I agree I don't see us winning it and Man U will be 10 points clear and win the title, but I will still take 2nd but like old Greavsie said "It's a funny old game" and heck last season when man u were 8 points clear I still had hope, I still had hope and it paid off

I just hope it doesn't happen like last season cos I can't go through that again.
edit on 13-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It could always be worse. You could be 18 points behind the leade.. nevermind, I don't want to talk about it anymore....

We're not even above Everton for goodness sake.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Arsenal fan? I think you will finish in the top 4 (only 6 points behind) as long as you finish higher than Spurs eh?

hope you do they are my 2nd least fave team.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Just to add we play Arsenal on Sunday

You mean "will inevitably lose to"?

You were saying

I enjoyed that game plenty happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't know what you're talking about, someone must've hacked my account before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join