It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

www.examiner.com...
edit on Sat Jan 12 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
...probably not the most corrupt but certainly has it's elements..

And you're so quick to judge, simply because it's reported by some site?

So every person, American or otherwise who says something negative about the country should leave?

What if by him saying something, it reduces the likelihood for corruption due to the attention brought onto it?

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Only your best friends tell you when your face is dirty. Sort it out Amurrca, demand better. You were once the beacon of hope for the world but the corrupt people in positions of power are running it and YOU into the ground.

By corruption he doesn't mean the traffic cop taking bribes but rather the influence of lobby groups and the military machine and the pharmaceutical machine running the country into the ground.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ragsntatters because: 2nd para

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Since that's how Jackie Chan feels, why doesn't he get out of the USA and stay out!

So the USA isn't corrupt?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
So the Chinese guy who got rich off American's thinks our nation's corrupt?
Irony.
Still, it could be worse. He could be Chris Tucker right now.

P.S.
I miss Bruce Lee.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
And here I thought China was incredibly corrupt just because you can bribe practically any government official and the body parts of many endangered species are openly sold on the streets because all of the cops are for sale .

Silly me .

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There's anti-Americanism and then there's truth, I don't know if it's the MOST corrupt but it could possibly be so. He has the same right to live where he wants and say what he wants as you do. Americans are always going on about their "freedom" yet when someone criticises (and usually it's justified) the country that changes, doesn't it?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Basically all governments are corrupt...

But I'm going to nominate the USA as #1 because it continually starts wars for profits and kills millions of innocent civilians.

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
So the Chinese guy who got rich off American's thinks our nation's corrupt?
Irony.
Still, it could be worse. He could be Chris Tucker right now.

P.S.
I miss Bruce Lee.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

How is that ironic? Making money from a country doesn't mean it isn't corrupt.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Because of China's decades of corruption?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

So the Chinese guy who got rich off American's thinks our nation's corrupt? Irony.

I'm failing to see the irony.....

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
People who demand other people to leave the country because they're criticizing it, are weak, and only expose their ignorance to the process of change, in my view.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Because of China's decades of corruption?

Everyone knows China is corrupt...but what does him making money in America have to do with it?

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I can't help you then.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I think you misunderstand irony.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
He made his opinion known and some people do not agree with it. That happens all the time.

Sometimes it is good to not take things personally when opinions are given in a broad sense like here and even when someone may give an opinion in a narrow sense. Words only hold the power that we give them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Well, the dude obviously has a bit of bias. Having said that, criticism is usually conducive to discourse and a widening of reality. Yes, some criticism stems from a base that is skewed or ill-informed from the get-go, but this does not mean it is without merit. I will also state that your idea of "Americanism" seems to be one of American-exceptionalism. This country has a host of problems, it is only by addressing them that they will be known and possibly changed, regardless of who is casting the light.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It is ironic that Jackie Chan said this because he is a native citizen of one of the most corrupt countries in the world (China) and would have been jailed in his own country for saying the same thing about their government.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That is not anti American, that is the plain truth.

Cut and dry, to the point and, I respect that.

Do I like foreigners saying smack about my country any more than you, or the next guy, no. Just as they probably don't like it when I say stuff about their country. But that is our own individual opinions, based on the facts as we see them.

Now I don't know about you, but I didn't need JC to break that news to me. I knew, as every one else knew it. He just said it, and that I give him props for.

Now your more than welcome to be upset, but don't be mad at the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

But that still has nothing to do with getting rich off a country.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join