It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've done it, we found intelligent life on another planet... (hypothetical story)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
In response to the Original Post; Are the government sure they aren't looking at a gigantic mirror placed between our planet and theirs, and that they're seeing Earth slightly distorted by a concave in the glass? And not aliens?

If an ET civilised race were discovered, they would more than likely be incomprehensibly more developed and intelligent than we are, or ever have been. I think it's safe to say that the chances that they are in a state of anarchy on their planet, where crime is rife and their unpleasant qualities are at an all time high by Earth standards, are relatively low.

Seriously, I've said this countless times to myself but never here. I wouldn't be afraid if Alien life was disclosed to us. Hell, if an ETV landed in proximity to me and a Grey popped up asking me where the hell the nearest McDonalds was because they couldn't understand the Map, I'd point it out.

Joking aside, I firmly believe that if an Intelligent Extra Terrestrial civilisation was malevolent, and wanted our backsides off this planet so they could colonise it, we wouldn't have any idea that we were being taken over. It would just happen.

Hollywood paints a false picture of humanity having any hope whatsoever. That is if the Military aren't hiding any more sophisticated technology or weaponry from the public eye.

But, we don't know anything. Do we? There's no saying what they'll be like. Regardless this was interesting to read. Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
since some of you didn't seem to get it, i was describing earth and saying that no "intelligent" life would want anything to do with us.

iSHRED i got it who would want to visit a species that has no regard for its own preservation

im just glad that they have not wiped us out yet, maybe they see something in us that "might"

change for the better

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You missed something, the aliens leaders are corrupt psychopaths into secret societies and control of their own species...as well as the murder of other visiting civilizations...oh and the alien race use manipulation, intimidation and murder to further their own agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i dont even believe in ET, my view on the subject is one i havent seen on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

since some of you didn't seem to get it, i was describing earth and saying that no "intelligent" life would want anything to do with us.

Of course we got it but you neglect the possibility that they might be the same as us. Their leaders would contact our leaders to look at the possibilities of exploiting both planets/species more effectively.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
If we could communicate with them?
Ask them if there is a God you answer to.

Good question. If they say anything other than "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour".... SLAG 'EM!

But if they do accept Jesus, THEN we have to ask what day they do the Sabbath... It doesn't matter if their orbit is different and they have different days and years...with the use of leap years here and their, we will FIND a way to implement a system with a 7 day week beginning with a Sunday.

And do they circumscize? It doesn't really matter if their bodies are different than ours... We can find something to circumsize. It will be fine because that's God's glorious plan.

Then we just have to burn each and every trace of any other religions or cultures they may have mistakenly happened upon in the trials of their infancy, and we can just make a copy of ourselves everywhere we go. Erasing everything that came before us. That's the beauty of missionary work.. each and every one of us have that duty.

Onward I say! Let mankind spread out into the cosmos to seize his destiny as God's soldiers! I couldn't think of anything better

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

[Start hypothetical story]
Scientists have been watching an alien race on a planet orbiting a nearby star. We have the ability to travel to them at near light speed and would only take a couple years but decide to watch them some more first.

After further examination of these humanoid aliens, we see that they just constantly kill each other, steal from each other, lie to each other, cheat on their alien wives and rape alien children. They value possessions and wealth more than the lives of fellow aliens. They look for any opportunity to lift their own status and mood at the expense of whatever other aliens they can.
[/End hypothetical story]

Why the heck would we even want to interact with them???
edit on 12-1-2013 by iSHRED because: (no
reason given)

Jeeze, where hypothetical goes everything goes,

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Hypothetical:When you see two children fight with each other,don't you interfere to make sure that they won't end up in the hospital?

If your hypothetical aliens are watching us,doing all the things you said (and much more),they would propably interfere to help us take are heads off our butts.Being all advanced and intelligent they wouldn't interact with the politicians and corrupted leaders,but with people with the potential of understanding the meaning of life and do something good for the planet.
On the other hands we could be an invaluable lesson to their youngs."Look at them and do the exact opposite"

Originally posted by xpoq47
No need to visit.
Just get their formula for bloodwine.

:up
on't forget the Targ bacon recipe

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
OP interesting topic BUT please do not title a thread like that again, you got me all giddy then let me down.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why the heck do we keep on coming back to ATS do discuss with people we disagree with?

Because we could learn something from them. Learning from other people's (or aliens) mistakes is usually better than learning from our own mistakes, although many people do not learn either way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
With the tubes and the bio sprayer (check out skippers site, first page) on mars, buildings structures etc.
Ernest Normans book 'The Truth About Mars". The 1964 April 24th account of an oval craft and two beings sighted in two different states, New Mexico and New York. I think there is intelligent life under mars. And Nasa is leaking only a very FEW selected images and wants us to very SLOWLY understand.

Don't you think it is ODD that Curiosity is going into the desert and not to the TUBES, or the bio-sprayer, the FACE etc. HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
You know why they haven't completely destroyed us? Because for every evil being on earth this is also a good person out there. Who knows how long that will last for right?
edit on 12-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

They don't care about us at all. There were no selective pressures in their evolution to be sympathetic to us. The only reason most people care about other people is because socially selective pressures in evolution influenced their genes to make them be empathetic.

The reason they haven't destroyed us is because there's no need to. That simple. They're not biased one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by thetiler
Don't you think it is ODD that Curiosity is going into the desert and not to the TUBES, or the bio-sprayer, the FACE etc. HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering that the "tubes" are dunes and the "bio-sprayer" (if by "bio-sprayer" you mean the photo I'm thinking about) is just a difference in the colour of the ground, no, it's not odd.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

[Start hypothetical story]
Scientists have been watching an alien race on a planet orbiting a nearby star. We have the ability to travel to them at near light speed and would only take a couple years but decide to watch them some more first.

After further examination of these humanoid aliens, we see that they just constantly kill each other, steal from each other, lie to each other, cheat on their alien wives and rape alien children. They value possessions and wealth more than the lives of fellow aliens. They look for any opportunity to lift their own status and mood at the expense of whatever other aliens they can.
[/End hypothetical story]

edit on 12-1-2013 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/13 by JAK because: Title correction T&C's 15). Posting.
So we found another Earth?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

if they behaved like us then I would honestly follow steven hawkings advice and keep away, because if they treat each other like we treat ourselves than the chances of the mtreating other lifeforms poorly would be likely as well, so chances they would do what people do and go to war with us over resources to expand their wealth

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

It is arrogant of Mankind to think that a message from any intelligent alien lifeform would be intended for them.

Remember the Humpback Whales.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You asked why would we want to interact with them!

Why would Alexander the great a civilized king for his day and time wish to interact with tribal people who are considered barbarians?

Why would we today wish to make documentaries about naked jungle people who believe in voodoo?

Let me know when you figure it out!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
yeah right

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Had to star and flag this thread! Point well made...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join