It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I go about protesting a business?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Firestone ripped me off, see thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I just got off the phone with the manager and he told me he was not going to refund my money. The money is not the point, I would have protested either way. I am looking at this as a good learning opportunity.
I want to stand out side with a picket informing people how firestone ripped me off.
I can only imagine the stress and frustration they have caused, 1000's of dollars in false charges.

So how do I go about protesting firestone? What do I need to know? I THINK that the firestone parking lot is owned by firestone, how do I go about finding that out? The firestone is within a privately owned shopping center, would I be able to protest within the shopping center or should I stand out side? I would like to be able to hand out flyers in front of the door, is that possible? Legally what else do I need to know so that I do not get in trouble?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Contact your state attorney generals office, and possibly your local news station......

Be forewarned, you will get forms to fill out and they are a pain in the ass. Keep it unemotional and make sure you have your facts lined up along with necessary documents....
edit on 11-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You may think that I'm kidding, but this sounds like a perfect situation to use the "Upper Deck" technique. I did this to a Burger King a few years back. No onions means no onions. Let me explain...Go back to the Firestone, go into the bath room, take the lid to the toilet tank off and take a giant dump inside the toilet tank. Place lid back on tank and leave. Eventually an employee of Firestone will discover what you have done. This is a huge pain in the neck to clean.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Learning experience it will be if you're really serious and good for you on at least going this far. Great if all the way to a little picket of your own. Of course, a few friends to help never hurts... lol

If I wanted to make a little protest on a specific business, I might start by seeing about a local county assessors office/county clerk where real estate property records are often on file with physical description of lots for knowing where the property lines are. Print that and have it with you..as I can promise you the police won't know the lines as well as you will at that point. The official paper printed from the county record would have parcel # and things the cop could helpfully check quickly and establish you're right too.

This all being the first concern because calling the police is the first thing they'll do when you show up 1 foot outside their property line with a picket sign. I love the spirit though and without people peacefully doing something occasionally, things like this only happen more often with business figuring no one will do anything anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

You may think that I'm kidding, but this sounds like a perfect situation to use the "Upper Deck" technique. I did this to a Burger King a few years back. No onions means no onions. Let me explain...Go back to the Firestone, go into the bath room, take the lid to the toilet tank off and take a giant dump inside the toilet tank. Place lid back on tank and leave. Eventually an employee of Firestone will discover what you have done. This is a huge pain in the neck to clean.

While that is hilarious its not necessarily the workers fault. Its the managers, who is going to clean that # up? Not the manager....
Really because of onions? From the perception of karma it seems you do more bad then they did to you.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Wow, what an inspired idea. When i talk to the manager of the Firestone Store I will be informing him this has been suggested, so that if it does happen, he'll have a paper trail an know who did it. Thanks for the information.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

So dropping a deuce in the back of the toliet tank is somehow going to get even with a business that is going to have a cleaning service clean up your shrapnel????

How about contacting the BBB or standing out in front of the place with a picket sign... You could start a facebook page and get people informed or go to their corporate page and file a complaint..

Or you could squeeze a turd in the back of the tank or piss in the hand soap dispenser... decisions...decisons...
edit on 11-1-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Shopping center is iffy, but likely privately owned. Firestone parking lot is also either their property or that of the shopping center.

You would need a public sidewalk or street to legally protest on, and at that you might need, unfortunately, to get a permit.

Without knowing the details of what happened (and not going to the other thread, I'm about to head out the door), if there was some shady business practice or something, i'd call the local news.

I've seen them do stories here where i live when people have problems with certain business that try to take advantage of them.

You can also Tweet, and write letters to hopefully get published in both the local print periodicals, as well as the online versions.

You could always picket, too, i guess, the same way these dancing sign people stand on corners.

You could always solicit fliers (if permitted), or mass mail people.

ANNNND. Email Firestone corporate and cause a stink. I have done that many times with certain businesses. Amazing how far you can get.

Just some options. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I just got off the phone with the manager and he told me he was not going to refund my money.

That's funny! I just talked to him. turns out his name is Dave. He's only been manager for about three weeks so the web site info was out of date. He told me he'd never heard of you. In any case, he has now.

Going poo in the back of a toilet. What a class act! Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't take that guy's advice.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The both of you need to grow up.

OP-Automotive shops are GOING to screw you, even you're local happy go lucky guy you've found, to a lesser extent. That's what they do. Hell, it's only 80 bucks and they gave you an idea of what the issue was, didn't they? You know better now, but they at least pointed you in the right direction. Again, not defending them, as they are in the business to give the uninformed customer the runaround so they get paid, bad for us good for them, but all the same, you can be angry, you can be pissed, but why don't you spend your time in a better way than protesting?

schuyler-it's difficult to tell if someone is just typing or serious. Hope you're just typing, cause if you actually gave this matter that much time and energy, you need to spend less time on the boards and more time doing something productive in your own life. You can always ignore when it isn't necessary to act outside of what is required.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

I just got off the phone with the manager and he told me he was not going to refund my money.

That's funny! I just talked to him. turns out his name is Dave. He's only been manager for about three weeks so the web site info was out of date. He told me he'd never heard of you. In any case, he has now.

Going poo in the back of a toilet. What a class act! Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't take that guy's advice.

You fool... You really think im going to give out a address I live near on this site?Their is a reason has never herd of me. Good luck trolling. Your like those anon cowards, playing judge when your no position to and you know what I dont really care if you think its bad that im bad mouthing a business that I have not been to because its all the same #, same rules.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

so i read your other thread and here is what i think...

a 'diagnostic' involves conecting a diagnostic computer to the car, starting it, and analyzing the results collected from various sensors. your car was not able to run, so they should not have sold you that service.

diagnosing the bent valves is possible, but requires some work to be done on the car which it sounds like they did not do.

the reply you got from them is fairly standard, but should not have cost you .
they only need to look in their computer to find the time and labor estimate.

about your protest , i'd say 'egging' the place may be appropriate.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

a 'diagnostic' involves conecting a diagnostic computer to the car, starting it, and analyzing the results collected from various sensors. your car was not able to run, so they should not have sold you that service.

diagnosing the bent valves is possible, but requires some work to be done on the car which it sounds like they did not do.

Hmmm so are you absolutely positive that they cannot run diagnostics unless the car is running, not just power but running? If so then I do have a solid court case.(its not about the fake illuminati money) You have worked with these machines?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hmmm so are you absolutely positive that they cannot run diagnostics unless the car is running, not just power but running? If so then I do have a solid court case.(its not about the fake illuminati money) You have worked with these machines?

What do you mean when you say court case?

Look, i'm sorry you're having car issues. I've had some myself recently, it's no fun, and I feel for you.

That said, you go to a chain store, you are guaranteed to get overcharged, and they have *generally* the lower tier type employees working for them, usually young and with a few automotive classes in community college under their belt if that, usually not. The bosses generally expect the customer who comes to them(chains) to have little to zero understanding/experience with automotive, therefore they train their employees to more than less give the customer the runaround so they can net a higher profit. Not fair or right, but the norm.

Again, you got screwed 80 bucks. I'd be pissed too, trust me, I mean it. I'd want my money back too. I'd advise talking to someone higher up the chain, leave feedback on yelp/CL, make your point, but don't go picketing or court, that's just a waste of your time, energy and money, and you're already out on those as is.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

What do you mean when you say court case?

Look, i'm sorry you're having car issues. I've had some myself recently, it's no fun, and I feel for you.

That said, you go to a chain store, you are guaranteed to get overcharged, and they have *generally* the lower tier type employees working for them, usually young and with a few automotive classes in community college under their belt if that, usually not. The bosses generally expect the customer who comes to them(chains) to have little to zero understanding/experience with automotive, therefore they train their employees to more than less give the customer the runaround so they can net a higher profit. Not fair or right, but the norm.

Again, you got screwed 80 bucks. I'd be pissed too, trust me, I mean it. I'd want my money back too. I'd advise talking to someone higher up the chain, leave feedback on yelp/CL, make your point, but don't go picketing or court, that's just a waste of your time, energy and money, and you're already out on those as is.

Like i said its not about the money.
Its not even about winning, nor revenge.
I understand the world is filled with programmed people.
As far as my case goes, this wont be the only thing im presenting.

new topics

top topics

join