It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming To A Neighborhood Near You.......Police Driving Tanks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Police in Atlanta are driving tanks. The claim is that this will help to reduce crime. Really? I believe this is the start of a bigger plan. There is no use for tanks outside of a war zone. Although crime is bad in Atlanta cops driving tanks will not help the problem. I see nothing good coming from this. What say you ATS?

Armored truck patrolling community after break-ins

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i wish i had a tank

Also thats not a tank but still.. overkill much?

you would think if tanks were so scary then whenever we take actual tanks to countries that have nothing but ak-47 they would get scared and not fight us? but it seems they are not scared of the tanks and fight anyways...

the logic is the same with gun control, cops have guns, people shoot at them all the time, obviously not scared of guns. take away guns from legal owners, criminals still have them but now gun owners cant defend themselves against the cops or criminals who have guns still.
edit on 11-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

We all will before this is over.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Keep your peashooters though. Those should help when your hometown is looking like Tienanmen Square.

See? Arms escalate arms. That's the way it is. The military-industrial complex will own you while you pay them to do it. There's your representation for the taxation you pay. The irony is so sweet.

Consider yourselves crushed. You've got nothing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What a joke, they weren`t able to give 1 logical reason how driving that gas guzzling monstrosity is going to help curb home break ins.I thought it was funny that they said the desk jockies at the station are even taking turns joy riding in that thing at the tax payers expense for all the gas.
I think it would better if the police spent more time and money actually preventing crimes and less time and money buying bigger toys to play with that do nothing to prevent crime.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Have you been paying attention to the war in the middle east? Unless the government turns to firebombing cities, they wouldn't stand a chance. Look how much trouble they're having fighting malnourished, poorly trained soldiers wearing robes for protection and limited arms. Think of how much more careful they would be when collateral damage effects your neighbors instead of some stranger from seemingly another time. A war against the American populace is a war that can't be won with current war tactics. Obviously if the gov decides it wants to nuke our own cities there's nothing we can do about it. But if the goal is minimizing civilian casualties as it is in Iraq and Afghanistan, they stand no chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think foot patrols would be a lot more help.Get the cops out to get to know who is the criminal and who are the good guys.Then maybe they wouldn't be so eager to bash or tazer everyone.But two problems with that idea.First if they got out and interacted with the public,they would be fraternizing with their enemies.Second they are just to lazy to get out and walk.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

Have you been paying attention to the war in the middle east? Unless the government turns to firebombing cities, they wouldn't stand a chance. Look how much trouble they're having fighting malnourished, poorly trained soldiers wearing robes for protection and limited arms. Think of how much more careful they would be when collateral damage effects your neighbors instead of some stranger from seemingly another time. A war against the American populace is a war that can't be won with current war tactics. Obviously if the gov decides it wants to nuke our own cities there's nothing we can do about it. But if the goal is minimizing civilian casualties as it is in Iraq and Afghanistan, they stand no chance.

Not to mention our soldiers mind set is a little different.If the military was turned on the U.S people a lot of soldiers would change sides. POSSE COMITATUS

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Aint tanks forbidden on the roads except at times of actual war? But like most people I wouldn't worry about a armored vehicle as all you need to do is cut off the gas supply and wait for it to become an ornament as those things will drink gas so just blow up the local gas stations after loading up with as much as you can carry and they'll be ripe for the slaughter in a few days

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Seems like it would be a whole lot easier to do the break ins with an armored tank patrolling around.

"Hey, Stu. See any cops?"

"Yeah, there's a giant meandering monstrosity going by right now loud and obvious as hell."

waiting 5 minutes......

"Okay, it's clear."

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

They robbed you of every single worthwhile right and freedom you've known. Now you're over there screaming about the right to keep your peashooters. Watch them bring in the big guns. Watch your people (and mine, being as I'm American too) cower *again* just like when the good old Patriot Act rolled off the press and into your laps. You guys won't do anything at all. You have Netflix and DelTaco. You ARE the envy of the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

That`s exactly right, and the biggest obstacle will be that we have a volunteer military and who is going to volunteer to refill the ranks if their neighbor,or family member or co-worker, or friend has just been killed by a government bomb?
You can`t have a volunteer military if the people you are counting on to fill the ranks are the very people that have lost loved ones to government bombs and bullets.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

This would make sense if they were fighting snipers and RPGs, not thieves. They need to get out and huff it if they want to stop house break ins. WALK.....

EDIT:
I saw the post above mine.....
and the US cant be invaded like Russia cant. No army would stand a chance. Bombers and fighters need to land, tanks and armored trucks need to refuel and soldiers need to eat sleep and crap.....armed civilians would be at those places.....

and the more you hurt people the more you make them want to hurt you back...that is human nature. The more you lose the more you want to take......
edit on 11-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I do love my Netflix and DelTaco. There is a saying though; "The straw that broke the camel's back." I don't know if this will be that straw or not. Obviously, violence is the absolute last resort solution. I was just commenting because people are under the assumption that if they government wanted, they could just steam roll the population, and they could, but only if they were ok with sacrificing many innocent civilians. I'm not sure that they could convince any military personnel to fire on American citizens indiscriminately as the soldiers aren't even ok with it in the middle east. I don't think there's going to be any American revolution until all other options are exhausted. But if there was, it would not be some one-siding beating like many people are led to believe.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Something like that is not used to protect the public but for protection from the public during an assault 'against' the public.

How would police in an armored truck be able to save someone during a home invasion robbery?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Nope. Won't happen. You guys sold your souls ages ago. If ain't so, show me.

You know, I had a whole huge text here that I soooo badly want to post, but I would have the CIA knocking down my door and dragging me to some makeshift interrogation chamber - you know, the kind they use on anyone they don't like, including US citizens. Not tonight, guys. Thanks anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

Oh, so 9/11 was really al Qaeda and al Qaeda isn't in any case funded by the US govt. Oh. Okay. I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist. Pay me no mind.

And you voted Bush into office - twice - right? I mean, that was legal...right?

And... the Patriot Act was clearly not enough to break your backs. Strong backs.

And... oh never mind. If it's not clear yet, it never will be.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Your mention of the CIA not the FBI tells me you aren't from the U.S.A.Do you have any friends or family the the U.S military? Have you ever served in the U.S military?Please tell me how you formed these opinions.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't know where you're going with the 9/11 thing. Unless you mean that we should have done something then and there to fight back against the government. I don't have an answer for you there. I was still in junior high school when that happened so I'm not sure what I could have done. The thing with the second amendment that makes it the final straw is that most people believe it to be the most important part of our constitution. It's the only way that any of the other amendments can be enforced. Without the second amendment, the rest of the constitution just becomes guidelines that TPTB can discard at any time with no consequences. Without the second, the rest become meaningless as they would become unenforceable.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2013 by danneu89 because: double posted on accident

top topics

<<   2 >>

join