It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer's Court. On trial, The 2nd Amendment

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Consider it done!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would be honored to participate as a juror. If you still need them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
(Pops head up)

A point of procedure here, but can we clarify who is on the prosecution team here and what the focus is from their side? Iknowtuff seemed to indicate a permanent retiring of the 2nd and the case to have it repealed was on the schedule. Is that what we're building the defense to then?

In terms of who is on it, I just want to make sure there is at least one well read American. It doesn't seem fair if Sonny and I are matched against non-citizens who are learning the core basics from scratch and without exception to a person? Any thoughts on that?

*Also, I'd encourage the Judge here to continue accepting Jurors beyond the required number. If a pool should actually form by enough showing interest, I'd request we pursue options as counsel in narrowing the field to 12 +2, I hadn't considered a possible response high enough to make selection possible.

edit on 12-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is nothing that says you can't "meet" with the opposing team. I'm sure they will be agreeable to any disclosure.

Good idea on the jury! As you and prosecution get one challenge.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You dont need to be a Yank to argue the 2nd, as a prosecutor Im not sure I feel 100% comfortable giving you my arguments.

Your honor, am I required to tell them the bulk of my case, the gist of it or should they argue their defence and just refute my claims in their closing statements?

P.s My kitty claws are looking forward to tearing into your yummy rabbit flesh

EDIT: I just noticed your honors Avatar is also somewhat rabbit like, I assure your honor I meant no disrespect to the court and my rabbit flesh tearing cooment was directed at the rabbit from the defence

Edit2: have we agreed on a number of defence and prosecution? has anyone besides me and superman stepped up yet
edit on 12/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I just like arguing, for or against. Plus, I love to learn from both sides. I have a lot of reading to do in the next couple of days!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Disclosure is one of the most important issues in the criminal justice system and the application of proper and fair disclosure is a vital component of a fair criminal justice system. The "golden rule" is that fairness requires full disclosure should be made of all material held by the prosecution that weakens its case or strengthens that of the defence.

From

Attorney General's Guidelines On Disclosure

Source

So short answer, yes.
edit on 12-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bugger!!!! LOL

OK then I will be focusing on the wording.

It is outdated and in my opinion already redundant. very simple

Also no answer on numbers on either side as yet? is it still to be decided? Any takers besides myself and Superman for the prosecution?

Is your honor keeping track?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by beezzer

Bugger!!!! LOL

OK then I will be focusing on the wording.

It is outdated and in my opinion already redundant. very simple

Also no answer on numbers on either side as yet? is it still to be decided? Any takers besides myself and Superman for the prosecution?

Is your honor keeping track?

I'm more keeping track of the jurors. You can gain anyone you feel you need for the prosecution. Same goes with defense.

It's all good.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Okay, so for the Defense there is myself and Sonnny1, Did I miss anyone who was interested for this side and defending?

Oh, Your Honor, do we get statements from witnesses BTW? (grin) What are the rules of evidence? I presume graphic aids / charts are acceptable?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This will good! Both of you are well versed in providing many eye catching, well thought out sources! I'm excited to see what you present!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This should be very interesting to read!! I can't wait to see what both sides come up with!!! I would offer to be a juror...... but well I don't think that would be fair
anyhow good luck to you guys, I know the rabbit won't let me down!!

(Batman is still cooler the superman!!
)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Move to strike that last comment from the record!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by WP4YT

It's up to you, but if you'd like, you can be juror #7.

Ok

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Getting pretty excited here ladies and gentlemen...already finding quite a few items. I look forward to hearing the other view so I can learn that side as well! As it stands, I am not reading anything good on the 2nd so I don't skew my brain up and start to see both sides!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Shhhhhhhh dude

tell em you thought of it as ur writing else youll have to tell em what you found

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, so for the Defense there is myself and Sonnny1, Did I miss anyone who was interested for this side and defending?

Oh, Your Honor, do we get statements from witnesses BTW? (grin) What are the rules of evidence? I presume graphic aids / charts are acceptable?

I don't know about witnesses, unless you want to provide one, and risk cross examination.

I'm sure some evidence to be anecdotal, but either side should be able to substantiate their claims.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Haha, I don't want to be thrown out of court ( or ATS ) for plagiarizing though! I will give full disclosure, as I assume they will be as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well naturally. I'd assume rules of evidence would at a minimum require sourcing of anything not from our own direct knowledge or experience. That sounds fair for keeping the integrity of the proceedings.

I don't think the work involved in proper APA format is necessary but sourcing is something I'll have for my exhibits and evidence to be sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join