Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The beezzer's Court. On trial, The 2nd Amendment

page: 1
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
(Mods, I know I can be a pain in the rear, but I thought we might channel a bit of debate this way
)

The 2nd Amendment is on trial.

The beezzer's Court would like to see if any jurors, prosecutors, defenders are out there.

We'd hold court the same way as the Zimmerman Case, With prosecution then defense, then the jurors decide the verdict.

Remember means, motive, and opportunity will be discussed and argued as to the relevance to the 2nd Amendment.

Does it go away for life?
Or should the 2nd Amendment be free to be the right that it was intended?

The beezzer's Court is at your service.




posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
can i be a witness?



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Will this court be open to all Nationalities.

Des



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The 2nd Amendment is on trial.


I respectfully disagree.

The 2nd Amendment is not on trial, it is not open for debate & cannot be repealed by any earthly power.
In fact the only reason it was included in the BoR is to put the FedGov on written notice that they are not allowed to question this inherent right.

It is a natural right of mankind granted by God to his creation to defend himself by the means of the times.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
can i be a witness?


That would depend on prosecution and/or defense.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


I couldnt be a juror, im too biased lol



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer
 


Will this court be open to all Nationalities.

Des


Yes. We are an international community, so for all intent and purposes, so would our trial.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Originally posted by beezzer
The 2nd Amendment is on trial.


I respectfully disagree.

The 2nd Amendment is not on trial, it is not open for debate & cannot be repealed by any earthly power.
In fact the only reason it was included in the BoR is to put the FedGov on written notice that they are not allowed to question this inherent right.

It is a natural right of mankind granted by God to his creation to defend himself by the means of the times.


Sad part is god is no longer the giver of our rights but in some sick way government has taken that roll.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A basic premise of the US judicial system is that one gets a fair trial. That is impossible here with this topic. As the membership is about 50% American, and we see the furor over the 2nd here, there is no way that facts will be looked at. Emotion will rule the verdict. Johnny Cochran couldn't win this one.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Originally posted by beezzer
The 2nd Amendment is on trial.


I respectfully disagree.

The 2nd Amendment is not on trial, it is not open for debate & cannot be repealed by any earthly power.
In fact the only reason it was included in the BoR is to put the FedGov on written notice that they are not allowed to question this inherent right.

It is a natural right of mankind granted by God to his creation to defend himself by the means of the times.


Portions of our society, our government, the media have placed it on trial, regardless.

Why not help determine a verdict?



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


OK Ill play,

which side do you think I should be on



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How will the "court" take into account that Newtown was a false flag psy-ops operation? Or, is that one of the premises you wish to prove or disprove?

If it is indeed the second amendment that is on trial, will all tragic shootings be taken into account? With what premise will you charge the court?



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A basic premise of the US judicial system is that one gets a fair trial. That is impossible here with this topic. As the membership is about 50% American, and we see the furor over the 2nd here, there is no way that facts will be looked at. Emotion will rule the verdict. Johnny Cochran couldn't win this one.


Prosecution would pick half the jurors, defense the other half.

Motive, means, and oppourtunity will determine the verdict.

As judge, I bang the gavel.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by beezzer
 


OK Ill play,

which side do you think I should be on




What side do you WANT to be on?




posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well I will add my 2 cents.. even though it is not really my 2 cents. I am tired of the arguments with this topic. People are either steadfast for or against and there is no middle ground. People who feel for or against will not change their minds no matter what evidence is laid out before them. It is impossible to know what the framers wanted when they sat down 225 years ago to think about this. It should be clear to everyone the reality has changed. Guns no longer take 25 minutes to load and refire. Militias are seen as terrorist organizations.. etc.

Anyhow something to think about.

"Half of all the mass shootings in the history of the United States have occurred since the assault gun ban expired in 2005."
Bill Clinton



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
How will the "court" take into account that Newtown was a false flag psy-ops operation? Or, is that one of the premises you wish to prove or disprove?

If it is indeed the second amendment that is on trial, will all tragic shootings be taken into account? With what premise will you charge the court?


I wish the court to decide the validity of the 2nd Amendment.

Simply put.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

Originally posted by beezzer
The 2nd Amendment is on trial.


I respectfully disagree.

The 2nd Amendment is not on trial, it is not open for debate & cannot be repealed by any earthly power.
In fact the only reason it was included in the BoR is to put the FedGov on written notice that they are not allowed to question this inherent right.

It is a natural right of mankind granted by God to his creation to defend himself by the means of the times.

...with guns. Now creationists are getting in on the 2nd amendment rights?


PS- I'm Canadian and I don't care one way or the other right now for the 2nd amendment. I volunteer for jury duty, if allowed.
edit on 11-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012
 


I'll put you down as potential juror #1

Thanks!



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


The second amendment to the United States Constitution gives the citizen an inalienable right to defend against enemies foreign and domestic. That means a US citizen can defend their home, land, city, county, state and country from people and/or machines, armies, and even extraterrestrials from the aforementioned doing harm, death and destruction to any US citizen by any means necessary.

There is NO argument.



posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
reply to post by beezzer
 


The second amendment to the United States Constitution gives the citizen an inalienable right to defend against enemies foreign and domestic. That means a US citizen can defend their home, land, city, county, state and country from people and/or machines, armies, and even extraterrestrials from the aforementioned doing harm, death and destruction to any US citizen by any means necessary.

There is NO argument.


But there is! currently you need permission (license) to own a gun in some states, you need government approval to own a gun.

It is definitely on trial, right now, in real life!





new topics

top topics



 
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join