It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Virginia in November?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Like some fuzzy rock and roll musics?

Stoner Hands of Doom is happening in Richmond. I'll be there with my band. You should too.

Lineup so far is this:

Order of the Owl
Lo Pan
Freedom Hawk
Clam Fight
Insano Vision
Faces of Bayon
Destroyer of Light
Its not night its Space
VRSA
Admiral Browning
Beelzefuzz
Fire Faithful
Pike Possum
Wizard Eye
Backwoods Payback
Demonaut
Stone Magnum
Wasted Theory
Planetoid
Deadweight (I'm in this one)
Second Grave

linkys for infi:
More concise info
The Festival's facebook
Links to most of the band's facebooks:
Facebook Tagging Gone Wild
edit on 11-1-2013 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Where is this happening? Brown's Island? Strange Matter?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HmmmCurious

Strange Matter.

What's that place like? I've never been to Richmond, we'll be coming from Oklahoma.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's not a bad venue if it is browns island parking can be a mother though

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's a hole in the wall on Grace St. It's pretty cool, it's been where all the majority of the music scene kids have always played (until The Camel came around recently). It's a long thin space, stage is directly on the right when you come in the front door. Small area for a crowd in front of it, then a long bar area with vintage video games along the opposite side of the wall. Strange Matter is on VCU campus so it typically draws a good crowd, especially when they are billed as big festivals like this. I think you'll enjoy yourself, but it's not a flashy venue at all.
edit on 11-1-2013 by HmmmCurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by HmmmCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Groovy, thanks man. We dig sleazy dives, so can't be worse than that!

I think it'll be fun. At any rate, there are some of the bigger bands in our scene there SO it should be productive.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

The parking around Strange Matter isnt too terrible. You'll usually find parking within a few blocks (which is great for any inner city IMO) and the cops around here dont bother you if you are double parked to unload equipment.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I may have to check it out, haven't been to Strange Matter since they held their "Air Sex" competition back in the summer even though I live a few blocks away.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well, that's interesting.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hah... I thought about that after I posted it and figured that may have sounded weird. Richmond is a very "artsy" city and it's not as bad as it sounds. I wasn't particularly interested in going, but friends coerced my wife and I to go because it was "a riot."

We went, and it actually was pretty funny. It was essentially a bunch of drunks who looked like they were dancing by themselves at a night club and oddly enough the crowd was not what I had expected at all. Bunch of 30-40 year old yuppy types pointing and laughing.

Anyhow, felt like I needed to explain myself out of that one because I guess it could have come off as some weirdo dungeon show if you weren't familiar with the premise. Soooo.... yea.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Richmond is a good choice since bands like Buzzoven and Sunnshine came from there. Parking can be a bitch but whatever you do make sure you're in a legit spot or you will get towed. They are harsh about that. I don't think that venue is going to fit everyone. Sounds like a righteous affair all around,

top topics

join