It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nacho Cheddar Cheese Twistaroni from Chef Boyardi Conspiracy (not a joke.)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I am not a shill for anyone......I was merely pointing out that info was very easy to find when the OP stated they could not find much.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

It's likely that when Chefboyardee changed the product name (and probably the UPC as well) it fell off of the stores' auto-replenishment for inventory... thus, no more twisty cheesy whatchamacallits.

The new product name doesn't even appear on the Internet's "largest free UPC search engine."

The UPC Machine

... but the old one does

0064144868322 CONAGRA, INC. 15 oz CHEF BRDE TWISTARON CHSNACHO

If you have your local stores get them back into their inventory management systems... problem solved

Consiparcy? Not likely

Poor communication by Conagra to their retail customers? Yes

EDIT to add: I'm hungry!

edit on 11-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tgalahan2

Each slot on a store shelf has value. When i say "value", i mean there is an expected yield of profit from each square inch of shelf space. Perhaps your product was bumped because the margins on it were too narrow to maintain this ratio of $$$ value per square inch?

When I was a kid there was a Bacon Cheetos. I LOVED them, but they were pulled. Same with an apple/spice 7up. Loved it....pulled from the shelves. And don't even get me started on New York Seltzer Water.

ETA: as i have grown older, I have discovered that if it is worth eating, it doesn't come from a can.
Just sayin'.
edit on 11-1-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'd like to take a moment to comment on the rising obesity rates in America. This sort of thing directly affects people like you or me, who are fed mass produced garbage day after day by companies like ConAgra. The wealthy have healthy food options, but people in the middle and lower class are sometimes overdependent on foodstuffs like these. Leads to diabetes, heart disease, and death.

ConAgra kills people.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

But what are your on-topic thoughts?

Conspiracy, poor inventory management, or low profit margin?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They were probably not selling very well. Because that sounds frankly disgusting. Spaghettios, they're atleast edible. You got your market that you're catering to, people too lazy to make spaghetti. I get that. But nacho cheese canned pasta sounds disgusting.

There's no conspiracy. They're just lousy.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
They were probably not selling very well. Because that sounds frankly disgusting. Spaghettios, they're atleast edible. You got your market that you're catering to, people too lazy to make spaghetti. I get that. But nacho cheese canned pasta sounds disgusting.

There's no conspiracy. They're just lousy.

Canned anything is disgusting.

But if, as the OP says, fully stocked shelves became empty overnight, then the product obviously moved well at the price point it was moved at. I would suspect, however, that there just wasn't enough meat left on the bone for the supermarket after selling that product.

In Texas, if you sell gasoline you are basically selling for cost. Maybe even a loss during weeks where the price is crazy unstable. But you keep selling gas because it is an entry point for shoppers. There are many items like that in a supermarket (low profit yield, but they drive in customers). Cigarettes are a good example (people will drive 20 mins across town to secure $4/pack cigarettes).

It all has to do with yielding strategy.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Just because the shelves were empty or nearly empty it doesn't automatically mean they were selling like hot cheese in a can, I mean hot cakes. It could just as easily mean they hardly sold any so restocking was never a priority.

And also CHEESE IN A CAN! I wonder how many Americans realise how funny and disgusting this sounds to most of the rest of us. Pressurised cheese? No thanks.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I would suspect, however, that there just wasn't enough meat left on the bone for the supermarket after selling that product.

I am guessing that it has roughly the same profit margin as the other Chef Boyardee products, which makes the name/UPC change impacting replenishment all the more likely.

I'm headed to the market soon... I'll see if they have any on the shelves

I worked out this morning, so maybe I'll even give it a taste

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I would suspect, however, that there just wasn't enough meat left on the bone for the supermarket after selling that product.

I am guessing that it has roughly the same profit margin as the other Chef Boyardee products, which makes the name/UPC change impacting replenishment all the more likely.

I'm headed to the market soon... I'll see if they have any on the shelves

I worked out this morning, so maybe I'll even give it a taste

Worked out? PTOOEY!!! Now i have to wash my mouth out with chocolate!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm headed out. If you don't hear back from me in an hour, the PTB (pasta tampering board) is probably involved in some fashion.

EDIT:

Well... I couldn't find it on the shelves and after further research, the UPC did not change when the product name did.

Through their store locator, I found that there are no stores within 30 miles of me that carry the product (which is at least 50 grocery stores)

Store Locator

Methinks this cheese-like, sodium-laden product is on it's way to becoming extinct.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Explanation: St*rred!

Awesome insight into the most probable reason for the lack of stock.

Personal Disclosure: However such insight doesnt clear up the why for the rebranding!

I look forward to finding out the reasons for the rebranding of this canned good even if they are as benign as 'needed a new name for plain old xyandorz reasons'.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Yeah I wonder about that myself. Why mess with cheesy twisty nacho twisty thingies and call them "rotini".

Going for a more mature market?

Personal disclosure: I want more than ever to try this cheesy impasta. Yumm!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The cereal "Oreo O's" was also most delicious... that too is now discontinued. Sadness.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Shill, shill, shill, shill. You're all shills! Endorsing unhealthy products almost as often as I eat Cheez-Its (tm) cheddar cracker product brought to you by Kellogg. The fact of the matter is that these food stuffs are killing people prematurely.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 12-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
Shill, shill, shill, shill. You're all shills! Endorsing unhealthy products almost as often as I eat Cheez-Its (tm) cheddar cracker product brought to you by Kellogg. The fact of the matter is that these food stuffs are killing people prematurely.

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America.

I beg to differ. The leading cause of death is living.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join